PDA

View Full Version : ADA Compliance in a Medical Condo

Jim Hughes
02-08-2008, 06:35 AM
I inspected a medical condo for a doctor yesterday. The doctor wanted to know if his bathrooms in his suite need to be ADA compliant, given the fact that the bathrooms on each floor are ADA compliant and accessible to all who enter the building. And also, if the width of the doors in the suite are required to be a certain width for ADA compliance. I do not provide ADA compliance as part of my commercial property inspection, but wanted to provide him an answer if possible. He is a good client and I know that there are some experts out there who can help out.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jim

Scott Patterson
02-08-2008, 07:16 AM
I inspected a medical condo for a doctor yesterday. The doctor wanted to know if his bathrooms in his suite need to be ADA compliant, given the fact that the bathrooms on each floor are ADA compliant and accessible to all who enter the building. And also, if the width of the doors in the suite are required to be a certain width for ADA compliance. I do not provide ADA compliance as part of my commercial property inspection, but wanted to provide him an answer if possible. He is a good client and I know that there are some experts out there who can help out.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jim

Try this link ADA Standards for Accessible Design (http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/stdspdf.htm)

You can download the requirements, but be careful as some AHJ's make changes or have additional requirements.

Jim Hughes
02-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks Scott. Sat behind you in one of the ASHI New Orleans conferences. Recognized the back of your head from your photo...LOL Sorry that I didn't introduce myself....Hurricane hangover got the best of me that day.