PDA

View Full Version : How about a nice glass of water?

Joe Griffin
02-15-2008, 09:09 AM
I like the Amish people and respect them for their steadfast convictions and all but, please respect your neighbors health concerns...........

Amish Community Fined Over Outhouse Controversy - News Story - WJAC Johnstown (http://www.wjactv.com/news/15305331/detail.html)

Paul Kondzich
02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
I grew up in N.E. Ohio close to alot of Amish areas. It was kind of a joke, the Amish girls would file into the bar on the weekends in their Amish getups, go to the bathroom and come out in halter tops and Daisy Dukes. The Amish men also didnt have a problem riding in a car to get to the jobsite, and using power tools all day.

Victor DaGraca
02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
I lived in North East Penn. for a while and would travel all over the state. I have no problem with how anyone lives so long as it doesn't infringe on MY rights. That being said, I always smirked when I heard these folk speaking with their "Thees" and "Thous" and all the biblically correct speak. When I inquired as to why their speech contained all these antiquated words, the response was "because that is the way that the Bible was written." then I had to ask myself " Why aren't they speaking in Aramaic or Greek?"

Ever get behind one of their Buggies on the road and can't get around 'em cause of oncoming traffic?

Jim Luttrall
02-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Ever get behind one of their Buggies on the road and can't get around 'em cause of oncoming traffic?

With the price of gas, we may all be wishing we had a horse and buggy:D