PDA

View Full Version : PROPANE TANK COPPER PIPE TO HOUSE

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
02-22-2008, 04:55 PM
did this inspection in boulder co yesterday----check out the golden {copper pipe arching} entry pipe to house---the pipe then runs across the garage ceiling into boiler room---it was a bank owned foreclosure job--had master plumber at inspection to de-winterize--and he told client {buyer} that it was not code--SHOULD BE BLACK IRON TO HOUSE AND UNDER GROUND--so i wrote it up as "recommend--licenced hvac or plumbing technician evaluate" --- man these forclosure jobs suck some times-----because of the lack of communications between bank agent--who just wants the closing money and the buyer agent.---have found these HI to be stressful and full of what to exspect questions---so i have now added a $ 50 price onto the words bank owned or foreclosure--let me know what you all think

Bruce King
02-22-2008, 05:03 PM
That looks like the outbuilding behind the house.....
What did the house look like? Oh, that is the house?

Jerry Peck
02-22-2008, 05:19 PM
had master plumber at inspection to de-winterize--and he told client {buyer} that it was not code--SHOULD BE BLACK IRON TO HOUSE AND UNDER GROUND--so i wrote it up as "recommend--licenced hvac or plumbing technician evaluate"

Charlie,

I'm not quite understanding you here.

You *had* a "master plumber at the inspection" who said "that it was not code", and then you called for *another* plumber to evaluate it?

You already had a master plumber who did evaluate it, while you were there.

Why not have said 'master plumber on-site to de-winterize the house stated that the gas line was not to code, this needs to be corrected'?

The way you stated it, another plumber can come out, hired by the bank, and say 'nope, it's okay that way, I put them in like that all the time'. Then where does you client stand?

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
02-22-2008, 05:30 PM
THANKS JERRY

HAVE REVISED REPORT BEFORE IT WENT TO GOLD BRICKING BANKER AGENT

Victor DaGraca
02-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I Love the "water Stain" motif in the garage ceiling.

Wonder where the Clampett's moved to........

Jerry Peck
02-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Charlie,

Glad this came up before your report went out, from your first post, I thought my comment was 'after the fact' and too late.

Billy Stephens
02-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Wonder where the Clampett's moved to........

Victor,

That's a Rick H. question as He apparently has Connections in Beverly Hills. :D

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
02-22-2008, 08:23 PM
--JERRY AND ALL PLEASE CHECK OUT MY SECOND THREAD UNDER HEATING POSTED TODAY--ATTIC FLEX PIPE---IT IS QUITE INTERESTING

Kevin VanderWarf
02-26-2008, 09:01 AM
In all my dealings with propane around here, copper from the tank to the house and or to the appliance has always been accecptable, but always underground. I dont think that would pass anywhere.