PDA

View Full Version : ROOTS...

BARRY ADAIR
03-02-2008, 05:08 AM
and other encroaching vegetation...looking at these, the grade and drainage the buyer wanted to know if repairs would be less than a thousand.

Arborist/landscaper
Plumber
Structural engineer
Foundation repair
not to mention the interior finish repairs
grand ought to cover the phone calls to these folks

Hard to tell from the angle but some of the roots were a foot above grade.

Anyone have a good boilerplate besides burn baby burn?
Just one of many concerns is once the cottonwoods are removed the soil collapse that will occur will further damage the slab, yes/no

And guess where the slow draining (no doubt) sewer line is?

Rick Hurst
03-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Barry,

Your just a "bad" inspector too I guess. Welcome to the club. ;)

As far as that tree, someone planted this thing years ago and simply did not take care of it. The poor thing had to send its roots to the surface for a drink of water. Pure neglect on the homeowner.

It does look kind of magical though. Just imagine the young children frolicking and playing chase in the yard this Easter looking for those plastic eggs. :)

Rick
Alias " Bad Inspector"

BARRY ADAIR
03-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Barry,

Your just a "bad" inspector too I guess. Welcome to the club. ;)

As far as that tree, someone planted this thing years ago and simply did not take care of it. The poor thing had to send its roots to the surface for a drink of water. Pure neglect on the homeowner.

It does look kind of magical though. Just imagine the young children frolicking and playing chase in the yard this Easter looking for those plastic eggs. :)

Rick
Alias " Bad Inspector"

Joyous occassion of broken arms and legs tripping over the "Magicial Roots"

Paging Dr. Merlin

Tim Spargo
07-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey Barry,

Brings back a memory of a pine tree on a house I inspected... was visibly picking up footing and slab around 2-3 inches. Had rec'd removal and SE or appropriate contractor follow up.

Buyer called me back a few months later because I missed some things.

I got there and she was so upset because baseboard had pulled away drywall was a mess etc..

When I asked her what she did about the tree and foundation, she commented how expensive it was to do the way I rec'd. The seller said he knew somebody he could refer AFTER the COE and that he would "help out a little bit". She did save some money and simply had the tree removed. House sank a little bit.

Silly inpsector's we are.

Tim

wayne soper
07-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Get the local EPA squad involved. Save the tree, Tear down the house. HAHA