PDA

View Full Version : tub view

John Arnold
04-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Here's a candidate for safety glass if I ever saw one. I'm also posting this so youse guys don't think the only places I inspect are old row homes in the inner city!

wayne soper
04-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey, did you notice the gardener signaling with a mirror out in the yard. He's ready for the show. Ugh I can only imagine.

BARRY ADAIR
04-22-2007, 04:42 AM
John,

C'mon that's a picture of someone's back yard hung over that tub.

You were dreaming of being away from your row houses and found this optical illusion tryin' to fool us.

But you are right about the glass issue, good catch!

Louie Hoehn
04-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Instead of replacing the entire window or pane of glass, would it be prudent to suggest a laminate, they are a lot cheaper, go on like window tint, and can stop a baseball bat

Jerry Peck
04-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Instead of replacing the entire window or pane of glass, would it be prudent to suggest a laminate, they are a lot cheaper, go on like window tint, and can stop a baseball bat

However ...

That "does not make the glass safety glass".

Meaning that if you recommend that, and they do it, and fall against the glass, breaking the glass, and are injured in any way (by the glass or not), *YOU* could be held liable should the injury be enough (or the person be 'one of those') to warrant contacting an attorney.

Not the type of letter I would want to receive (I would not even want the phone call the client might make to you before contacting their attorney), or, to make matters even worse, how about the people who buy the house from the people you recommend that too?

Yep, they could definitely put you at the top of their attorney's list of 'responsible parties'.

Rick Hurst
04-23-2007, 07:22 PM
John,

Regarding your original statement, whats a "youse" ?

Is that like a y'all ? :)

Thom Walker
04-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Rick,
Kind of; only if you make fun of a guy that says "y'all", he'll likely kick your butt. You make fun of a guy that says "youse" and he teaches you to sleep wit da fishes. :D

John,
You got anybody up there who ships real Philly cheese steaks? I'm serious. I was with friends the other night and that came up.

Tim Moreira
04-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Rick,

It's kinda like "the two yutes"

Think, My Cousin Vinney

:)

John Arnold
04-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Thom - I can't imagine how a cheese steak could be shipped.

As for "youse", which I use humorously because I'm not a native Philadelphian - my daughter once wrote a story for a college class in which she had a character use the word "youse" and her professor told her no one talks that way anymore. What a yutz. I've been to restaurants here where the waitress says "would youse like to see a wine list?"

Thom Walker
04-24-2007, 06:02 AM
John, We couldn't either. We decided that the guy who "figgerout" how was "fixin" to make a bajillion bucks. Somehow, freeze dried, thawed out, nuked Philly cheese didn't sound workable.

We have a neighbor who's an ex Balimore cop. Send your daughter's ex college Prof this way and I'll let him listen to a conversation between him and my wife (Baltimore). I'll interpret for him. Regional dialects will hopefully never die.

Man, ahm tarred already an I have'n even started the day. Guess ahll go to the zink and splash some wudder on my face.

John Arnold
04-24-2007, 06:16 AM
We have a summer treat here called Water Ice, which is pronounced "wooder ice".

Robert Schenck
06-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Wayne, ... After the gardener left, two sales agents showed up, looking around and found the buyers agent in the tub !!! I guess it was part of the deal, eh ? :p

Nick Ostrowski
06-15-2007, 08:25 AM
That's great Robert. You could be dangerous with those photo-shop skills.

Jerry Peck
06-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Robert,

One problem I see ... you've got here sitting in the tub backward, she's sitting on the drain stopper knob ... OUCH!

Robert Schenck
06-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Nick, …. Thanks for the compliment. Hmm, I guess I could be dangerous by putting someone in a compromising position (picture) ? Photo-shopping is one of my hobbies that I enjoy.

Jerry, … Leave it to you to find “something” technically wrong with the picture – lol. :p You have a keen sense of observation !!

Thom Walker
06-15-2007, 06:15 PM
We have a summer treat here called Water Ice, which is pronounced "wooder ice".
You not only have wooder ice, you have the best soft ice cream places in the western world. Have you ever been to Rita's Italian Ice? I tried to buy a franchise for here, but she wouldn't do it because she couldn't supply. The same thing happened with Ben and Jerry.