PDA

View Full Version : Brand of cement siding?

Matt Fellman
03-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Does anyone recognize who makes this? It's cement board and I know I've seen it before but just am not sure who makes it... thanks!

Alton Darty
03-29-2008, 03:01 AM
Don't recognize it, the pattern is way different from Hardie board and the couple of other brands that I see.
Alton

Aaron Miller
03-29-2008, 04:53 AM
Matt:

Have you tried here?

Siding Identyfication Helpful Links (http://sidingsolutions.com/pages/sidingid.htm)

Aaron

Scott Patterson
03-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Does anyone recognize who makes this? It's cement board and I know I've seen it before but just am not sure who makes it... thanks!

I think that ugly pattern belongs to MaxiPlank.

Aaron Miller
03-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Scott:

You mean, of course, Mexiplank? Naftaboard? Cladding de la Casa?

Aaron:D

Scott Patterson
03-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Scott:

You mean, of course, Mexiplank? Naftaboard? ?

SÃ* ...

Matt Fellman
03-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys.... aside from the somewhat objectionable appearance have you heard anything bad about it?

As a favor to an agent I stopped by one of her listings because a buyer is scared of it. It looks like just basic cement siding and is in pretty good shape.

Aaron Miller
03-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Matt:

The only problems I see with the Mexiplank is that the installation instructions are rather vague. It's all made of the same crap: cement and cellulose fiber.

Aaron;)

Rick Bunzel
03-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Biggest issue I see is bad installation practices. If its installed with properly it should last until we are annexed by Mexico :-))

//Rick

Aaron Miller
03-30-2008, 08:56 AM
until we are annexed by Mexico

The Hann in the Sky must've missed that little gem of truth else he would surely have cut it from these pages with his editor's razor. Most of these guys are not keen enough to pick up on how soon this will become a reality.

The American Dream ain't what it used to be, it just used to be.