PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Meyer Fl. New Construction Phase Inspector

Billy Stephens
04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Friend's mother is having a New Home constructed in Ft. Meyer Fl. in about 6 weeks.

Looking for an Inspector to do phase inspection.

Please contact me and I will pass along the information.

Client will be living out of state during construction.

Thanks,

Paul Kondzich
04-03-2008, 03:36 PM
I think I would steal an existing home. Ft. Myers, Cape Coral area has highest amount of foreclosures in the country right now.

Billy Stephens
04-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I think I would steal an existing home. Ft. Myers, Cape Coral area has highest amount of foreclosures in the country right now.

Paul,

I asked why not buy( twice) and was told it was a better deal to build.

Paul Kondzich
04-03-2008, 07:05 PM
OK Billy at least you tried. I spent 20 years there, and my parents still live there. I still read the newspaper online. I saw last week there are about 15,000 properties in Lee county (Ft. Myers) under $100K. That is unbelievable. During the boom in 05, many rental communities went to condos, people were paying $250K for 900 sq. ft. apartments with maybe a carport at best. If I had some extra cash I would be buying there now. It will come back, and the people from the Northeast will continue to buy when they retire. Sunshine is worth a lot of money.

Jim Luttrall
04-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Now would also be a good time to build for the same reasons. I'll bet raw land is cheaper now that a year ago, too.

Jerry Peck
04-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Now would also be a good time to build for the same reasons. I'll bet raw land is cheaper now that a year ago, too.

It is 'cheaper to build now' than it was 'to build then' (last year), but ...

... NOT as cheap as it is to buy finished houses (or almost finished houses) are 1/2 price or less, maybe even 1/4 price.

The thing to do when buying, and this is very important, is to verify there are no liens on the house.

We have a friend who's son was building down there and they went broke because they did not get paid by the contractors/builders they were building shells for, they are now working in Louisiana and Mississippi rebuilding that area.

Billy Stephens
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Anybody ?

Permits suppose to issued in about 2 weeks.

inspectorbjs@bellsouth.net

Aj Deerey
07-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Now I wont have my little blurb at the top telling me to make a first post

I will do it for you - Just give my office a call (Currently doing about 15 new home/Draw inspections in Naples and Ft Meyers

Aj

Slab-2-Shingles
239-262-0058