PDA

View Full Version : websites

Dan Blanchard
04-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Having a tough time finding a website provider (design) I like. Suggestions?

Scott Patterson
04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I use and like Host Monster - Web hosting (http://www.hostmonster.com)

I use to use Yahoo and that is one I would not recommend. I have been with Hostmonster for about two years and I have been very happy.

Brian H, also host websites. You might want to check him out as well.

Ron Bibler
04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
doster, hostmonster.

Matt Fellman
04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
I go through ainspect and it's been pretty good. I hated their standard front pages but was able to re-do that very easily. They're pretty good about updating and making changes quickly.

Jim Robinson
04-04-2008, 07:23 AM
For design, check with other local businesses, or ask Brian H. about it. He might be able to put one together for you. For hosting, there are lots of options. I'm on GoDaddy, and it's pretty easy to deal with.

Dan Blanchard
04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I still have about 8 weeks left on the website I have, blanchardappraisal.com. Plenty of time to figure it out. Thanks everyone.

Rick Bunzel
04-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Dan,

Go out and start looking at other HI websites. Bookmark all the home pages you really like. Figure out what you really like and boil it down to five then 3. Keep your choice simple and avoid flashy banners unless you have a big budget. Take the winner and design on paper what you want. Then simple build it or pay someone to build it for you. If someone builds it for you make it clear you want to use HTML and CSS. This way standard tools such as Frontpage can edit the site. I am fighting with my fire departments web designer who used ajax or some other language to get control back. He thinks he has locked himself into us for life and for the short term he has us over a barrel but we are going to redesign the site using standard language and get it back.

//Rick