PDA

View Full Version : editing

Jerry Peck
04-25-2007, 08:45 AM
A problem just started happening today ...

When I click on 'Edit', I get an error message, I click 'OK' and my Microsoft Internet Explorer browser closes.

????????

John Arnold
04-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Let's see what happens when I try it with firefox...

no problemo

Rick Hurst
04-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Edit test

Worked for me too.

Brian Hannigan
04-25-2007, 09:06 AM
I was in the middle of editing Jerry's message (as a test) and the neighborhood lost powere. Jerry, I thought you said just your browser crashed, not the local grid. ;) This reply is from my phone. I guess this is when I catch up on paperwork.I am now editing this from my phone. So far no problems.Jerry, look into your system.

Tim Moreira
04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Brian,

I get the same message/problem as Jerry when I went to edit one of my posts.

I thought it was me, I've been having computer problems myself, but after rebooting and tring again and agian I get the same message and internet explorer closes out to my desk top.

BTW, is there a mute button for Megan?

Brian Hannigan
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Sounds like you may have two issues.

1) Editing

2) Megan. Megan will only play once per session. Are you seeing her on every page you go to? You should see her once and that is all until you close your browser and return or return after a long time away.

Let me know.

.... Just came back in to edit (to test). No problem.

Tim Moreira
04-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Editing is the problem. When I click on it I get the same error message as Jerry and then the Internet Browser closes leaving me back to the dest top.

Megan was just getting annoying after rebooting several time and getting back to this thread.

Tim Moreira
04-25-2007, 02:05 PM
test.

Well, it works on my laptop but not my desk top. That's weird and going to be a real pain for the future it it stays this way.

Brian Hannigan
04-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Anyone else having an issue when they click on "edit"?

Please let me know.

Jerry Peck
04-25-2007, 04:38 PM
My 'Edit' problems just started today or late last night, but it was working before that.

Nothing on my computer has (to my knowledge) changed.

Yeah, Megan is another problem - can you give a way to make her not appear if we do not want her? Please.

Bob White
04-25-2007, 04:40 PM
I just went back to the "Megan" thread to test edit (twice) ...

Hit the edit button, and IE errored out and shut down...

It looks like the edit works this time....

Jim Luttrall
04-25-2007, 04:44 PM
I just test did a test edit on Rick's snake story and had no problems.
Using IE
Jim

Brian Hannigan
04-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Those having trouble editing please try now and let me know.

Also let me know if the issue is when you click the "edit" button or the "Advanced Edit" button.

Jerry Peck
04-25-2007, 06:17 PM
My problem is when I click "Edit", I have no chance to get to "Advanced Edit".

My problem also started about (maybe it was) the same time as Megan started.

While you are at it, Brian, and if you would, when in Edit mode (at least when I used to be able to get there), it would be helpful if the photo links still appeared in the posts.

Sometimes I would need to view the photos again, but had to post, then view the photos, then go back and edit my post. It was the same on the old board, but this board is more advanced, so maybe you can do that?

"Advanced Edit" is (was - can't get to it now) nice because, while "Edit" did not allow you to add photos or files, "Advanced Edit" did.

Brian Hannigan
04-25-2007, 11:52 PM
OK, those of you that had an error editing please try again and let me know if it has been corrected.

Jerry, when editing you have full control over your photos.

What you need to do is go into the edit "Go Advanced" mode and then scroll down below the text box to the "upload photos" area. The same place as when you are uploading photos. Click on "Upload Photo". In there you will find links to your photos ("Current Attachments") in that post and to the right of the photos is a "Remove" button. You can remove photos and/or upload more.

Tim Moreira
04-25-2007, 11:55 PM
test...

OK it is working now.

Thanks Brian.

Brian Hannigan
04-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Great! Glad to hear we are back on track.

Jerry, is yours working too?

Brian Hannigan
04-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Hey Tim,

How about now?

Bob White
04-26-2007, 05:44 AM
'Edit' worked for me this morning.

Jerry Peck
04-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I've been afraid to try it but here goes.

If it works, I will add a line below this line, if not line is below ... well, that means it did not work. :)

Guess what, there is now a line here. Now I'm going to try the Go Advanced.

Go Advanced worked too. :D

Thanks Brian.

Now, on this Megan thing ...

Brian Hannigan
04-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Jerry,

You need to edit your post from "well, that means it did not work." to "well, that means it did work."

Megan is working part time now.

Tim Moreira
04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
test, test, test

Yepper, it works now.

Thank you.

Jerry Peck
04-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Jerry,

You need to edit your post from "well, that means it did not work." to "well, that means it did work."

No, I had/have it correct, read that sentence again.

"If it works, I will add a line below this line, if not line is below ... well, that means it did not work."

I should, though, go back and edit the "if not line' to "if no line". :D