PDA

View Full Version : dishwasher rack tilted

John Arnold
04-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Maybe this dishwasher should be in Nick's "Mystery Hole" house? What is going on here?

Scott Patterson
04-28-2008, 12:48 PM
It's made that way to accommodate taller items like a cookie sheet. Notice the extra holder on the lower left side.

John Arnold
04-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks Scott. Assuming you're serious.
Never seen it before. It just looks so wrong.

Nick Ostrowski
04-28-2008, 03:28 PM
John, either Scott's serious or he has spent too much time at the Mystery spot himself.

I agree with Scott. I've noticed the top rack tilted in dishwashers and assumed the same thing.

John Arnold
04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
See - this is what makes home inspecting so much fun.
Excuse me. Now I have to email my client and tell him there's absolutely nothing wrong with the dishwasher.
Well, at least I didn't actually say it needed fixin'. I just described it and plead ignorance. Works for me.

Gunnar Alquist
04-28-2008, 04:20 PM
That is funny looking. I have seen adjustable racks, but not one permanently skewed.

Rick Hurst
04-28-2008, 04:46 PM
John,

Don't say NOTHING is wrong with the dishwasher. If you do, its destined to quit working tomorrow.

rick

Jerry Peck
04-28-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm going to assume that Scott forgot the smiley face.

Look at that twisted and leaning extension arm for the rack - that could not have been intentional.

If they are really wanted the rack to be tilted, they would have made the anchoring points on that side lower and installed the extension arm level with the other one, thereby making the rack tilted yet having the extension arm not twisted, not being fatigued, and not being torsioned with the extra friction on the bearings.

I'm guessing that the holes were accidentally misplaced with the template being positioned incorrectly, the bottom hole on the left is even with the top hole on the right, use the template on the right, flip it over when using on the left and that is what you have.

I really doubt it was "intentional", but the only way to know is to contact the factory and ask them - go to their web site, click on 'contact us' or 'technical support' and e-mail them the photo.

John Arnold
04-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Wow. I'm feeling less stupid all the time. I done contacted them Maytag folks by electronic mail and I will update ya'll as developments develop.

Rick Hurst
04-28-2008, 05:41 PM
John,

Check out the link below. Read down where it talks about the racks.

All those bells and whistles are off key! - Maytag MDB8600AW Jetclean II Built-in Dishwasher - Epinions.com (http://www.epinions.com/content_130003340932)

rick

John Arnold
04-28-2008, 05:50 PM
John,

Check out the link below. Read down where it talks about the racks.

All those bells and whistles are off key! - Maytag MDB8600AW Jetclean II Built-in Dishwasher - Epinions.com (http://www.epinions.com/content_130003340932)

rick

Rick - Thanks.

Jerry Peck
04-28-2008, 06:05 PM
No photos ...

I wonder what the rack and extension arm looks like?

Twisted and torsioned like the one in John's photo, or constructed like I described?

Looking forward to Maytag's response to John.

Randy Clayton
04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
I agree never ASSUME anything if you do not know further investigating is required. I've not seen this either and looking forward to maytag's (i think) response..

Scott Patterson
04-29-2008, 06:57 AM
:D, well Y'all said I forgot it! I was serious that the racks were made that way. Look at the attachment of the rollers to the side of the tub. I must admit that the one in the picture is slanted a little more than I have seen, but I'm betting that it came from the factory like that.

Rick Hurst
04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Now lets Jerry explain this one. :D

At least the rack is a bit more level.

rick

John Arnold
04-29-2008, 02:31 PM

At least the rack is a bit more level.

rick

What? You never broil your dishes?

Jerry Peck
04-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Never heard of heat resistant plastic? :cool:

John Arnold
04-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I heard back from Maytag. They viewed the photo and said no problemo, that's the way it's supposed to be.

Jim Luttrall
04-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Ok Rick, admit it, you staged that.;)

Michael Thomas
04-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Speaking of racks... today I lit off the instructions in a $7000 wolf stove.:eek: (The receipt was drawer, $7995 each for the reefer and range).

OF COURSE in I looked in there first, but I DIDN'T LOOK HARD ENOUGH... this stove has a top rack that goes up to within an inch or so of the top of the oven and set well back from the door, I just did not bend down far enough to see it.

Lesson learned.

Jerry Peck
04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I heard back from Maytag. They viewed the photo and said no problemo, that's the way it's supposed to be.

Well, I'll be danged, guess I need to chalk up another 'wrong' on that one. :)