PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

Matt Fellman
04-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Hope these guys don't need their van back anytime soon.... it looks like they did a fantastic job installing those posts :)

Jerry Peck
04-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Must be like the dumpster in (yes, "in") the new elementary school they just built next door to my wife's middle school - they put in a dumpster like all construction jobs do, then built the school around the courtyard, with the dumpster in the courtyard. I have not seen it, just going on what I've heard about it.

It's been there since the beginning of the school year (last August) when the school opened for occupancy and no one has yet figured out how to get it out (short of bringing in a crane), so there it sets, and sets, and sets ... :(

David Banks
04-28-2008, 05:28 PM
One of my favorite stories as a kid was "Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel"
Amazon.com: Annie Quaker "reader"'s review of Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel (http://www.amazon.com/review/R3QSPK9KJ0KRHY)

Gary Allen
04-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Hope these guys don't need their van back anytime soon.... it looks like they did a fantastic job installing those posts :)

They are probably retired home inspectors.

Jack Feldmann
05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Obviously it's not accurate, but putting a scale on my computer screen shows the space between a couple poles is less than the width of the van.

Bruce King
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
I have seen many of those in downtown areas, they are removable posts.

Probably hometown security recommendations.