PDA

View Full Version : a/c supply registers at soffit

Jerome W. Young
05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
these were installed for the bath vents at the soffits. other than insects/vermin entering the vents and air being drawn into the home via negative pressure anything else? What is the code on these vent terminations?

Jerry Peck
05-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Besides not being screened, they are not approved for that use, not approved for use outdoors, not intended to keep rain out, not dampered (but the fan has a damper), they can be closed off, yada, yada, yada.

Jerry McCarthy
05-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Visual evidence of another "builder" shoping at the big-box stores.

Billy Stephens
05-06-2008, 06:23 PM
these were installed for the bath vents at the soffits.
--------------------anything else?--

Moisture collection point that promotes deterioration of the soffits,trim & (depending on placement) fascia.

Markus Keller
05-07-2008, 06:19 PM
My guess is the birds will find that register soon enough and make a home.
I need some clarification here. Are you saying that that is an air conditioning register at the exterior or am I completely misunderstanding this?

Jerome W. Young
05-07-2008, 06:45 PM
yup, high end builder!:D

Markus Keller
05-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Wow, that's awesome. I didn't realize Florida was on the forefront of combating global warming ... how innovative. I guess all those retiree's have plenty of money to spend on electric bills.
On the serious side ... what was the idea if any? Is this like a semi-enclosed screened porch type of thing or just stupidity?
Just wondering, doesns't really matter.

John Arnold
05-08-2008, 05:42 AM
Markus - I believe it's just an HVAC register, not being used for HVAC, but being used as a bath vent termination. I was confused at first, too.