PDA

View Full Version : safety switch installation

Jerome W. Young
05-07-2008, 04:29 PM
should these be installed parallel to the handler? or is a slight angle ok?

Billy Stephens
05-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Where?

Billy Stephens
05-07-2008, 06:16 PM
should these be installed parallel to the handler? or is a slight angle ok?

Looks OK to me.( all but the insulation upside down with the flammable backing up. )

Jerome W. Young
05-07-2008, 06:48 PM
found it on their website

The Model SS1 installs inline at any downward slope from vertical to horizontal. It can also be installed on auxiliary pan outlets utilizing the plug included with the kit. PVC Tee body accepts a ¾-inch slip PVC stub or drain pipe with included bushing. Compact footprint fits well in sloped drains and tight spaces. Approved for use as a substitute for auxilliary condensate drains in jurisdictions where the International Mechanical Code applies.

Installation options include inline installation in primary condensate drains vertical or horizontal, auxilliary (safety) pan outlet installation with included plug and plugged installation on alternate primary drain outlets.

Jerry Peck
05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
A couple of things are missing, though ...

- No trap in primary condensate line.

- No secondary condensate line installed at all.

Also of note: That pan is cutting up through the bottom of that duct.

Billy Stephens
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
--Approved for use as a substitute for auxiliary condensate drains in jurisdictions where the International Mechanical Code applies.

A couple of things are missing, though ...

- No trap in primary condensate line.

- No secondary condensate line installed at all.

Also of note: That pan is cutting up through the bottom of that duct.

Mr. Peck,

Couldn't the trap be installed down stream ( not pictured ? )

See above installation instructions ( applicable on this installation ? )

I see the drain pan @ 200x magnification. :cool:

Jerry Peck
05-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Couldn't the trap be installed down stream ( not pictured ? )

Billy,

All the installation instructions for air handlers I've seen state that the trap is to be installed "as close as possible" to the unit, and, with that slope, *if* there is a trap, it sure is not "as close as possible" to the unit.

See above installation instructions ( applicable on this installation ? )

I suspect this is in reference to the missing "secondary condensate drain", right?

If so, that installation instruction states "Approved for use as a substitute for auxiliary condensate drains ", and there are "primary condensate drains", "secondary condensate drains" and "auxiliary condensate drains", the latter being addressed and the latter is the drain from the "auxiliary drain pan" hanging below the unit.