PDA

View Full Version : bulldog push matic

Jerome W. Young
05-08-2008, 03:36 AM
I believe this is fused? again i did not open it. Any history of concerns with this type main, other than being 45 + yrs old.

Aaron Miller
05-08-2008, 04:48 AM
In a word, obsolete.

According to the NAHB Study of Life Expectancy of Home Components electrical "accessories" are rated at 10+ years. I would venture to say that 45 years is beyond this unit's service life.

Aaron

Scott Patterson
05-08-2008, 07:44 AM
I believe this is fused? again i did not open it. Any history of concerns with this type main, other than being 45 + yrs old.

It is a breaker and not a fuse. As Aron said it is old. Bulldog pushmatics have very few problems, except that they are old.

Corey Friedman
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
It is a breaker and not a fuse. As Aron said it is old. Bulldog pushmatics have very few problems, except that they are old.

Hi Scott,

I'll bet ya a steak at Gibson's (next time you are in Chicago) that this a fused (or un-fused) disconnect switch but not a breaker.

Corey

Jerry Peck
05-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Scott,

I'll bet ya a steak at Gibson's (next time you are in Chicago) that this a fused (or un-fused) disconnect switch but not a breaker.

Corey

Corey,

Scott will be buying ... select the thickest cut they have. :D

Randy Clayton
05-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm going with Corey on this one. You open that box and you will find fuses (i could not tell from that pic the size or phase type) But that is strictlley a disconnect box with fuses inside!!!!!

Scott Patterson
05-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Corey, I'll be in Chicago next week. I' be in town from the 15th-17th. How's Steak and Shake!

Corey Friedman
05-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Corey, I'll be in Chicago next week. I' be in town from the 15th-17th. How's Steak and Shake!

Steak-n-Shake it is!

Evan Grugett
05-10-2008, 08:56 AM
This is probably a main switch (the plate reads 100 amps 240 volt) and is not fused. These boxes should really be opened if at all possible and the interior inspected for cable size, cable material on the line and load side, and problem conditions (taps, corrosion, etc..). This is +35 year old equipmentIn these parts licensed electricians say that Bulldog Pushmatic breaker panels are hard to get replacement parts for and so I warn the client on that in my report.

Evan Grugett