PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

Nick Ostrowski
04-28-2007, 12:22 PM
It's midway through the 1st round and Brady Quinn has not been picked. The way ESPN is acting, you'd swear somebody died. Suzy Kolber interviewed Quinn about not being selected yet and she's speaking in hushed tones and acting like they need to be reverant or something. C'mon, this kid is going to get drafted by an NFL team and make a ton of money. They act like this is some kind of travesty.

Peter J Ruddick
04-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey, he went to Cleveland, near home and with plenty of $$$. Quinn will do well without the hype of #1 (or 2,3,4,etc). I feel sorry for J. Russell, with all his talent he cannot be a franchise savior. Brady did suffer through an agonizing period, I had hoped he would be drafted by Atlanta, and give up on making Vick an NFL quarterback. IMHO.

Richard Rushing
04-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Nick,

Dallas gave up it's #1 (22) pick next year and a #2 this year to Cleveland to come up to get Quinn... WOW!!

Good for Dallas as Cleveland will not be a playoff team next year.

I think Hell may be ready to freeze over... Dallas and Philly made a trade to take Philly's #1 at the end of the round. I didn't think these two would ever try to help position each other.

David Banks
04-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Pats picked up Randy Moss today. What do you think?
So far this year for Brady's targets. Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and Kelly Washington.
Lookin Good Man!

Nick Ostrowski
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
The Eagles take a QB with their 1st pick. While Andy Reid says he called McNabb to say "don't worry" before the pick was made, they are definitely looking at McNabb not being behind center in a few years.

Ben Garrison
05-03-2007, 09:28 AM
The Eagles take a QB with their 1st pick. While Andy Reid says he called McNabb to say "don't worry" before the pick was made, they are definitely looking at McNabb not being behind center in a few years.

I agree entirely, McScabb is done in a few years. I was hoping that Quinn would have still been left when the Eagles had their pick. Yeah right.

Nick Ostrowski
05-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Ben, word is that the Eagle had Kolb rated above Quinn so even if he was there, Kolb would have been their man. McNabb is going to be pestered to death about Kolb being drafted and I can see him being turned into the bad guy before his career in Philadelphia expires. His best bet will be to just smile, not get roped into the media generated firestorm, say he loves Kolb, and then play his ass off. If they win a SB, I'd like to see them do it with McNabb.

Ben Garrison
05-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Ben, word is that the Eagle had Kolb rated above Quinn so even if he was there, Kolb would have been their man. McNabb is going to be pestered to death about Kolb being drafted and I can see him being turned into the bad guy before his career in Philadelphia expires. His best bet will be to just smile, not get roped into the media generated firestorm, say he loves Kolb, and then play his ass off. If they win a SB, I'd like to see them do it with McNabb.

Well hopefully it all works out. As an Eagles fan, I'll take a Supberbowl win anyway I can get one. I don't care if they have to bring Randall Cunningham back as QB and Rich Kotite into coach. Just win ONE!!!! I've lived 28 years in perpetual sports disappointment as an Eagles fan, Flyers fan, and RedSox fan (I used to live in Beantown). Although the Sox finally did get that one World Series win. One of these days, the Birds are going to have to come through. But i think it's either the next year or two or not for a LOOOOONG time.