PDA

View Full Version : Name of person at *Quote*?

Tim Moreira
04-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Brian,

Just out of curiosity, when quoting someone their name does not appear next to the word *Quote* any more.

Did something change? Their name used to be there.

No big deal, just that it was nice to see who made the quote especially in long treads when the quote was 8 or 9 posts above.

Richard Moore
04-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Brian,

Just out of curiosity, when quoting someone their name does not appear next to the word *Quote* any more.

Did something change? Their name used to be there.

No big deal, just that it was nice to see who made the quote especially in long treads when the quote was 8 or 9 posts above.

?????

Tim Moreira
04-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Wow,

That doesn't show up on my computer any more.

All I see when I do a copy/paste of some one else's quote and then click on the quote icon in the tool bar is:

Quote then the quote.

It does not say: Originally Posted by XXXXXXXX

I do not see the name of the person like I see in yours Richard.

I used too, but not anymore.

Thought something had changed.

Darn computers

???

Thanks.

Richard Moore
04-29-2007, 01:08 AM
All I see when I do a copy/paste of some one else's quote and then click on the quote icon in the tool bar is:

Quote then the quote.

It does not say: Originally Posted by XXXXXXXX

Copied and pasted.

Tim, I believe you only get the "posted by" if you click on the "quote" button at the bottom of that particular post. You don't get it the way you descibed.

Tim Moreira
04-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Copied and pasted.

Tim, I believe you only get the "posted by" if you click on the "quote" button at the bottom of that particular post. You don't get it the way you descibed.

...test

Richard Moore
04-29-2007, 01:11 AM
There ya go. :)

Tim Moreira
04-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Well your right Richard.

Except that in previous posts, I did a copy/paste and the person's name showed up.

Weird.

?????

Thanks

Richard Moore
04-29-2007, 01:21 AM
Well your right Richard.

Except that in previous posts, I did a copy/paste and the person's name showed up.

Weird.

?????

Thanks

I don't remember seeing the multi-quote button (whatever that does) when the board originally changed, so something may have changed. And then, it may be our new buddy Megan screwing around!

We are now beyond my level of techinal help...BRIAN!!!!

Tim Moreira
04-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Beats me, but I think it is Megan screwing around ;)

Thanks

Brian Hannigan
05-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Wow,

That doesn't show up on my computer any more.

All I see when I do a copy/paste of ...

Hi Tim, That may be the issue. When you do a quote there is no "Copy/Paste" involved.

If you want to quote one post just click on "Quote" on that post.

If you would like to quote many posts just click on "Quote+" (it will turn orange) on all the posts you want to quote and then click Reply.

If you click "Quote+" to select that post you can click it again to un-select it.

More info: When you see a quote in a post there will be an arrow next to the name.

Example:
"Originally Posted by Tim Moreira http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/images/ca_evo/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/h-e-l-p/763-name-person-quote-post3633.html#post3633) "

Click the arrow and it will take you to the post that is being quoted. Very helpful if only a partial quote is used.

Tim Moreira
05-01-2007, 04:32 PM
How do you do a partial quote with the name of the person at the top.

I could swear that when this new board opened all I did was a copy paste of the person's partial quote and it showed the persons name too. :confused:

When I click on quote at the bottom right of the page it quotes the whole quote.

Do I then go in and edit the stuff out I don't need? If so, that's fine with me if that's the way it is done?

Tim Moreira
05-01-2007, 04:33 PM
test, test, test

Hi Tim, That may be the issue. When you do a quote there is no "Copy/Paste" involved.

If you want to quote one post just click on "Quote" on that post.

If you would like to quote many posts just click on "Quote+" (it will turn orange) on all the posts you want to quote and then click Reply.

Tim Moreira
05-01-2007, 04:35 PM
OK, I guess that's what I need to do.

Quote the whole thing and then edit out what I don't want.

Just wondering if there was an easier step to take.

Thanks all,

Brian Hannigan
05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Tim, do you need me or are you just talking to yourself ;)

Yes, you have it right. Click the quote button and then edit/delete anything in that quote that doesn't apply.

Tim Moreira
05-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks,

I was talking to myself. Less arguments that way ;)

Bruce Breedlove
05-01-2007, 08:48 PM
"Inspection News tech support. How can I help you?"

"Yes, I was trying to post something on the new message board and I got a message instructing me to "Press any key to continue"."

"OK. So was there a problem?"

"Yes. I can't find the "Any" key."

:D

Tim Moreira
05-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Ha, ha,

Question: What time is the midnight buffet?

Jerry Peck
05-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Ha, ha,

Question: What time is the midnight buffet?

I didn't know Jimmy was going to be there. :)

Tim Moreira
05-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Jerry,

I never expected you to be a "Parrot Head" too.

:D