PDA

View Full Version : Holding up the crawlspace walls

Anthony Alderman
04-29-2007, 09:10 AM
I found this in a house on Sat. The crawlspace was about 8 ft tall and the wall had, years ago, began to bow in. Deflection in some places was almost 3 inches. Easy call "structural engineer" What I found fascinating was there attempt to stem the movement. Earth and block against 2x10 floor joists. Go figure.
Tony

Mike Huppi
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Wow it is amazing to see some of these things. The county inspector, builder and who every came up with that brilliant Idea should be fully responsible.

Bruce Breedlove
04-29-2007, 05:47 PM
I would like to see the seller's disclosure, especially the Structural line. Let me guess - it says, "Repaired".

Anthony Alderman
04-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I think the buyer is a gluten for punishment, he,s buying it as is. He asked if it could be fixed so I told him all it takes is money. I think it will cost him more to fix it than he will spend on the purchase of the house. And then he wants to flip it!!!! I just don't get it..
Tony

wayne soper
04-29-2007, 06:36 PM
WOW, How do they come up with these repairs?
Even if this application could work it would have to be braced at the fault line not above, and bracing would only lift the floor off the plate anyway. Wow again.

Robert Schenck
06-08-2007, 07:46 AM
I have to agree with Wayne, ..... WOW.

Rick Bunzel
06-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Great Picture!

You must have a lot of time on your hands or really good at Photoshop. With a major election year coming you may have some job opportunities creating so compromising politician shots!

//Rick

Robert Schenck
06-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Rick, ... It's a super slowww day today. Truck is in shop for repairs, ... so, .. I do have lots of time on my hands. Plus, I'm fairly good at the PhotoShop thing, .. nothing to brag about though. It took me about 20 + minutes to do that one pic. Dunno about doing any compromising politician shots, but I have put my girlfriends face onto some pictures of Super Models body's - lol. She gets a kick out of it, .. saying, .. "Ah, if I only looked like that way in real life". But, she doesn't need fixin up, .. she's purdy as she is.

Anthony Alderman
06-08-2007, 02:43 PM
WOW that could be alot of fun on the report for "that special" agent that is sooooooo afraid of a deal killer.