PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Fill Tube Missing

Vern Heiler
05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
I inspected a house today built in 2005. All of the toilets have the same type ball-cock in the tank. All of the toilets are missing the fill tube to the overflow. No water comes out of the tube connection at the ball-cock. I don't know if it came from mfg. this way or did the HO plug it?

We are in a draught here in the SE, but think this might be going a bit far. The toilet bowl does not fill after flushing, just a little left in the bottom. I did not give it the litmus test;) but think flush may be weak at best.

Is the toilet functioning as intended?

Thanks
Vern

Jerry Peck
05-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Is the toilet functioning as intended?

Vern,

"as intended"

No.

"is functioning properly"?

No.

Vern Heiler
05-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks Jerry, that was my original thought until I noticed no water from the tube fitting. Don't know how they are plugged. I'll let the plumber figure it out.

Tony Watson
06-06-2008, 02:54 PM
This is the way this w/c is designed to work, changing the fill valve will not improve the flush only waist water. The flush cycle is timed using the flapper.

Vern Heiler
06-07-2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks Tony, I had a suspicion there was some design change. Do you have a web site or some reference I could go to?

Tony Watson
06-07-2008, 06:44 PM
It is the original equipment for that W/C. A local sales rep, or their web site shoud be a good source.