PDA

View Full Version : WHATS MISSING HERE???

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
05-21-2008, 03:55 PM
hey all

did this inspection in boulder colorado today--weird boulder ---a developer has purchased this property to build condos---so the green heart of boulder has said--if anyone wants this house to move or recycle you can have it for nothing---$0000---so this rich couple is moving this house minus the foundation to a town 20 miles away----cost of move is $28,000----after inspection they found out lennox pulse furnace in basement---yeah i know about them---would not be making the jouney----and they did not equate into the move--how do we install anew furnace- duct work--and get this minus the basement--which they will not have at new site----help mister hvac man---wow --wish i had money to piss away---well anyway--what is missing from this west weather fvacing roof
charlie

Jerry Peck
05-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Drip edge.

But, there are other things to consider (by the way, moving a house 20 miles for $28,000 is CHEAP, I've seen houses moved a few blocks and that cost $40,000, and that was 25 years ago.

I would not worry about to many things in that house, that brick chimney (assuming it is brick) is likely *not* going to survive that move intact - it will likely need rearing down and rebuilding, so might as well tear that chimney down before the move, then just rebuild it on the new site.

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
05-21-2008, 04:13 PM
JERRY
no fireplace in house it is coming down before move

charlie

Markus Keller
05-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Drip edge to cover plywood sheathing.
You may also want to note that some insurance comp won't cover if there is exposed plywood at the ends or gutters