PDA

View Full Version : Best / Worst Features on InspectionNews

Brian Hannigan
06-19-2008, 12:40 PM
As an upgrade to the InspectionNews.net Message Board is in the works I wanted to get some input from all of you.

If you could rate all your answers on a 1 - 10 scale, (10 being the best (I love it!) and 1 being the worst), that would be very helpful to me.

Also, include your wish list for features. What would help you use the board more efficiently, get better use out of it or enjoy it more?

The more input I get from all of you the better the board will be for you in the future.

What do you like best/least about InspectionNews? (1 - 10 for each answer)Wish list: I wish InspectionNews had or could do........?

Kevin Luce
06-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Once a year, anyone that has posted (even if it was only once) will be entered into a drawing for a scratch off ticket. That way we have a chance to win some $ and if somebody wins, talk about this place to other home inspectors during our meeting or anyplace else.:D I'll rate this suggestion a 10.

The negative: After I post and want to make changes (spelling or any other reason), when I scroll down, the edit page goes back to the top of the comment I made. If I want to edit something at the bottom of the post, I would like to stay there until I'm done editing. Rate that a 3.

We need more ladies as home inspectors chatting to keep some of these guys in check. Northing like hearing a woman putting another man in his place.;) A woman version of Jerry Peck would be interesting. That way they can agree to disagree. lol kind of.

Brian Hannigan
06-19-2008, 02:51 PM
The negative: After I post and want to make changes (spelling or any other reason), when I scroll down, the edit page goes back to the top of the comment I made. If I want to edit something at the bottom of the post, I would like to stay there until I'm done editing. Rate that a 3.

I will look into this. I have not had or heard of this issue before. Anyone else having this problem when they edit?

Kevin, thank you for your reply ands suggestions!

Kevin Luce
06-19-2008, 02:55 PM
What about the scratch off ticket(s) or the ladies?

Jim Luttrall
06-19-2008, 03:03 PM
A woman version of Jerry Peck would be interesting. That way they can agree to disagree. lol kind of.
Now that was a vision I could do without.

I have had the same experience with text scrolling back to the top of the edit box when dealing with longer selections.

Brian Hannigan
06-19-2008, 03:04 PM
What about the scratch off ticket(s) or the ladies?

I think I could be arrested if I tried to give away ladies to the winner of a scratch off card ;)

All suggestions are duly noted. I do think prizes could be fun.

Kevin Luce
06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
I think I could be arrested if I tried to give away ladies to the winner of a scratch off card ;)

All suggestions are duly noted. I do think prizes could be fun.

Where is your mind? I made two different suggestions and in your mind you combined the two. Too many hours in front of the computer?;)

Billy Stephens
06-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Maybe an Additional Private Messaging Feature. :D

Kevin Luce
06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Maybe an Additional Private Messaging Feature. :D

I'll give that a 10:D

Jerry Peck
06-19-2008, 04:02 PM
I wish it would *always* show the photos, etc., when posting or editing.

I wish it would *always* go straight to "Advanced" edit.

I wish is did not *always* bold things and add line breaks where there was no bold and no line breaks (such as when I copy and paste in IRC code - it does not do it for NEC copy and paste).

I wish it would always delete association bashing comments and posts.

I wish ... :D

David Banks
06-19-2008, 05:15 PM
I can not get any lines to bold print. At one time I could. No longer.

Jon Randolph
06-19-2008, 05:44 PM
It would be nice if I could copy something in the reply window to paste it at another point in the window.

Michael Thomas
06-19-2008, 06:38 PM
1) As we discussed last year, install available the "forget thread" extension.

2) In the edit mode, the post button has no effect (never has) - I need to go to the "advanced" mode to post an edit.

Deleted Account
06-19-2008, 06:55 PM
I can not get any lines to bold print. At one time I could. No longer.

BOLD

Works for me.

Brian Hannigan
06-19-2008, 07:19 PM
1) As we discussed last year, install available the "forget thread" extension.

This may be possible....

"If a user is on the thread starters ignore list, that user cannot reply to the thread,"

So if you start the thread anyone on your ignore list can not reply.

James Duffin
06-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Why is a feature needed to ignore somebody? That is a god-given right!:D

Michael Thomas
06-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Not a poster, a thread.

Billy Stephens
06-19-2008, 07:44 PM
So if you start the thread anyone on your ignore list can not reply.
Way Cool !
So you could put someone on ignore, start a Thread & they can't reply, then take them off ignore.
Hum, The Possibilities. :)

Rick Hurst
06-19-2008, 08:03 PM
I wish the site had a group insurance plan. LOL :D

Being serious here. With all the members this site has, we ought to pool ourselves together as a group and get some type of special rates on Medical Insurance, E&O insurance, discounts at the Blockbuster........

Actually I enjoy the site as is. Wish all the mudslinging about the organizations could come to a halt though.

rick

Gunnar Alquist
06-19-2008, 08:31 PM
I wish the site had a group insurance plan. LOL :D

Being serious here. With all the members this site has, we ought to pool ourselves together as a group and get some type of special rates on Medical Insurance, E&O insurance, discounts at the Blockbuster........

Actually I enjoy the site as is. Wish all the mudslinging about the organizations could come to a halt though.

rick

Brian,

I agree with (lower case) rick. I really like what you have done with the website. Actually, I don't even use all of the features.

I do like Billy's suggestion. The problem is that I would probably use it too much. :rolleyes:

Mike Schulz
06-28-2008, 08:02 AM
I wish that all members has to have all the fields filled in on there profile before they can post.
Be nice to figure a way to verify they are who they say they are also.

A 'talk to the hand" avatar be nice :p

Get rid of hyperlinks in post such as Insurance

Billy Stephens
06-28-2008, 08:56 AM
A 'talk to the hand" avatar be nice :p

How about this one. :D

Jerry Peck
06-28-2008, 12:01 PM
I would also like the locations of the posters to show in the reply mode, not just their name.

Sometimes during a reply post the reply definitely depends on their location, not including it makes means 'File - New Window - Back' to look at it and see.

In fact, it would be nice if the reply mode was just like the main thread, only with the reply post section at the bottom of it.

Also, in edit, make everything in 'Advanced Edit' available in 'Edit'.