PDA

View Full Version : I almost said no thanks after the first 15 minutes

imported_John Smith
06-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Did an inspection last week on an older home and after the first 15 minutes, I was almost ready to throw in the towel. Apparently the homeowner had some sort of discount to home depot, or it was on the way to the liquor store. I could tell after 15 minutes that this one was going to take a long time, with lots of research and hours of report writing. I will post some photos later on so everyone can see this dudes handy work. Lots of work throughout the property (additions etc) that I am sure was done without a permit or city inspections.

Gunnar Alquist
06-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Did an inspection last week on an older home and after the first 15 minutes, I was almost ready to throw in the towel. Apparently the homeowner had some sort of discount to home depot, or it was on the way to the liquor store. I could tell after 15 minutes that this one was going to take a long time, with lots of research and hours of report writing. I will post some photos later on so everyone can see this dudes handy work. Lots of work throughout the property (additions etc) that I am sure was done without a permit or city inspections.

Imported_:

When I run into something like that, I will insert a general "FUBAR" comment near the beginning of the report noting that a significant number of improper modifications have been made and more will likely be found as corrections are undertaken by licensed contractors.