PDA

View Full Version : HUD Termite Certification

neal lewis
07-05-2008, 07:00 AM
I have been asked by an attorney to re-submit a termite certification on a HUD from. I inspected the house in April and found active infestation of termites.
I've never seen the HUD form; I've always used the NPMA 33.
The only relevant HUD form I've found is for termite treatment for new construction for a builder. Does anyone have any info on a HUD termite certification?
Thanks

Ron Bibler
07-05-2008, 08:44 AM
We get ask stuff like that sometimes in Calif. Our reply is that the State of Calif has its own required forms. and the HUD / FHA Forms are not required by the state. The state form is to be used in place of HUD / FHA.

Some states use the HUD / FHA

Check with your state pest Board.

Just because he is an attorney. In fact because he is an attorney he probley has no idea about your states requirements. He just look up something under HUB/FHA and saw some for form numbers.

Check with your state.

Best

Ron

Jerry Peck
07-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Our reply is that the State of Calif has its own required forms. and the HUD / FHA Forms are not required by the state. The state form is to be used in place of HUD / FHA.

Florida is the same way.

Florida has its own form.

The state form *MUST* be used.

If you use another form you are subjecting yourself to being penalized by the state for using the improper form.

HUD accepts the state form (probably does for other states too).

Ted Menelly
07-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Happy little Texas has a WDI form and anyone accepts it, HUD, FHA, whom ever. It is a state mandated form.

Joseph P. Hagarty
07-05-2008, 08:35 PM
NPMA-33 is the HUD form.

Since you noted the infestation, he may be looking for the NPCA-99b form

Link below....

HUD FHA HOC Reference Guide Pest Control (http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/ref/sfhp1-23.cfm)

Ted Menelly
07-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Appraiser’s Observations: Appraisers are to observe all areas of the house and other structures/areas within the legal boundaries of the property that have potential for infestation by termites and other wood destroying organisms. Appraisers are to record any condition that might be active infestation.

Does an appraiser have to have a termite inspection license in some states?

I know in Texas you cannot even report on wood destroying insects unless you have a license to do so.

neal lewis
07-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks Joe. That's what I had found previously. The form is for the builder to fill out for soil treatment at new construction.
Anyway, the NPMA 33 is the only certification in NJ that I know of.

William Brady
07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Here in New Mexico everyone who inspects for WDO has to be licensed. Seems like that is the standard for most states. Now I don't see why an appraiser can't mention termites in his report but does that cause confusion and other problems I guess it would. If they are not licensed and it is a requirement of the state to be then why would they be doing termites. Doesn't seem to me like the appraiser board to the state would be approving that inspection. As far as I can tell not to many appraisers want to go into crawl spaces looking for bugs.