PDA

View Full Version : waste of money

John Arnold
07-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Son wanted a home inspection of the place he and his sister are going to eventually inherit. Elderly father, who still lives there, was furious. "What's he going to find?! Nothing! There's nothing wrong! It's a waste of money!" He left the house in a huff.

David Banks
07-10-2008, 01:43 PM
It is a defense mechanism. The Old Bastard new he let the place crumble!

Rick Hurst
07-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I'd be upset if I was the old man too.

Sounds like the son is getting the inspection before the hearse.

rick

Jerry Peck
07-10-2008, 02:02 PM

rick

I agree.

The son should have put it to his dad something like this: Dad, we know you are getting to where it is harder to keep up with everything, so Sis and I would like to have an inspection done, just to see if we need to help you with anything endangering your health. We know we probably won't find anything, but Sis and I would feel much better knowing for sure.

Nick Ostrowski
07-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Sounds like the same line I got from the new construction builder yesterday John. Nothing is ever wrong.

John Arnold
07-10-2008, 02:04 PM

rick

The old dude was insulted, I think, because in many respects he took pretty good care of the place.
Then there's the little matter of the lead water service and the knob and tube wiring.

Bruce Breedlove
07-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Elderly father, who still lives there, was furious. "What's he going to find?! Nothing! There's nothing wrong! It's a waste of money!" He left the house in a huff.

That was just the carbon monoxide talking.

Nick Ostrowski
07-10-2008, 02:52 PM

Good one Bruce.

Eric Barker
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
John,

That second picture is an excellent catch. How did you come across it?

David Banks
07-10-2008, 04:54 PM

Bruce. Where the hell you been?

John Arnold
07-10-2008, 06:47 PM
John,

That second picture is an excellent catch. How did you come across it?

Just pulled the cover off the clean-out in the basement. More often than not I find dead birds in there.

Bruce Breedlove
07-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Bruce. Where the hell you been?

Between travelling, two weeks of courses, being sick for a couple of weeks and doing some other work I just have not been hanging around here lately. I'll try to get back in the swing of coming around more often.

Thanks for noticing my absense.