PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, but is it leaking?

Rick Hurst
07-10-2008, 04:44 PM
The agent had the nerve to say at the end of the inspection, "We know the roof is not pretty to look at, but is it leaking at this time? If not, how much more time can they expect before it may leak."

Someday, POW straight to the moon as Mr. Gleason used to say. :D

rick

Ted Menelly
07-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Rick

My rat infested house today also had a bad roof and the listing agent calls and asks the same thing. No, it was not as bad as yours. If people are in front of me asking those questions I just get silent and stair at them with my head caulked.

Rick Hurst
07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
I think you meant stare and your head is cocked. Right!

Caulked would be a mess.

Ted, have you started hitting the brewsky early tonight? :D

rick

Ted Menelly
07-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Not yet but when I posted I was thinking of mixing up a Margarita. I'm telling you. I get bagged all the time because of damn spell check, I don't think about spelling anymore. I have to go over my reports twice in the end so I catch the words I just pounded out wrong. Do, due, dew, but, butt, caulked, cocked. I need a proof reader half the time.

Rick Hurst
07-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Your just thinking and writting in Texan, thats all. :D

rick

Jim Luttrall
07-10-2008, 05:17 PM
"We know the roof is not pretty to look at, but is it leaking at this time? If not, how much more time can they expect before it may leak."

Simple, answer with a question - "What is the weather forecast for today?"

imported_John Smith
07-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Dont you have a crystal ball or a ouijie board you can summon to give those forecasts?

Ted Menelly
07-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Rick

You did not do the wondrous hose test I hear tell about :)

Jerry McCarthy
07-10-2008, 06:14 PM
"Guaranteed leak free until the next rain."

Jerry Peck
07-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Those were the time when I would one hand out, palm open and facing up, look up, move my hand side-to-side a bit, then, looking at the agent and my client, proclaim: "NOPE ... NOT LEAKING ... " (now touching my upturned hand with a finger of my other hand, feeling for wetness - I would then continue with " ... of course, though, it is NOT RAINING either."

Then turn, and walk away, shaking my head at the stupidity of the agent's statement, motioning for my client to come with me.

Daniel Stone
07-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Make sure they get a good quote and a good deal on roof plywood repairs too. That roof will need more than tar paper and shingles.

Brian Thomas
07-18-2008, 04:55 AM
I dont think the roof looks all that bad! Id give er another 10-15 years of leak free life!:confused:

John Arnold
07-18-2008, 04:57 AM
...I just get silent and stair at them with my head caulked.

Latex or silicone? Just curious.