PDA

View Full Version : Proper door and window flashing

mathew stouffer
07-16-2008, 10:34 PM
What would be considered the correct flashing installation around this door? I am assuming remaining doors and windows are similar, although wood trim concealed the frames.

mathew stouffer
07-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Opps it's late, forgot the pics.

wayne soper
07-17-2008, 04:33 AM
They never installed the exterior trim pieces that would cover the gap between the door jamb and the framing. There should be a trim piece set there with a flashing set on top of the head piece and extending up under the siding.

wayne soper
07-17-2008, 04:36 AM
Oh sorry, it's early. The flashing would be at the topmost trim to deflect water before getting behind trim. That flashing would be fine if there were trim amnd the flashing was at the top. not the middle. The rest were trimmed you said? Got a pic?

Michael Thomas
07-17-2008, 04:49 AM
The desire to build 21st century residences in imitation of 18th century railroad shacks is completely mysterious to me.

Jerry Peck
07-17-2008, 05:00 AM
There should be a trim piece set there with a flashing set on top of the head piece and extending up under the siding.

There should be, yes, but up under ... the siding ...? (Wayne, it was early. ;) )

There is no siding, those are logs. :)

But, yes, there should still be a flashing there.

Jerry Peck
07-17-2008, 05:02 AM
The desire to build 21st century residences in imitation of 18th century railroad shacks is completely mysterious to me.

I want one, with my own set of railroad tracks, and my own engine (steam), dining car and caboose too, running around my own lake, on my own island. :D

mathew stouffer
07-17-2008, 06:03 AM
Thanks guys. Jerry, some of the doors and windows are intalled in log, other areas is foe log siding. But I would assume all the doors are like this.

Mat