PDA

View Full Version : "For skinny houses, a chilly reception"

Michael Thomas
08-03-2008, 12:31 PM
"It looks almost like an average-size house that's been sliced in half. At 12 feet wide, the neat, new single-family home is squeezed onto the slenderest of strips of land on a Brooklyn Park (http://www.baltimoresun.com/topic/us/maryland/anne-arundel-county/brooklyn-park-PLGEO100100602020000.topic) street of modest, post-World War II houses..."

For skinny houses, a chilly reception -- baltimoresun.com (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/annearundel/bal-md.ar.infill17jul17,0,4301530.story)

Needless to say, CAVE is having a fit...

Jerry McCarthy
08-03-2008, 01:33 PM
How about the "Spite House" in Alameda, CA built be a guy to spite his neighbor? The lot is exactly 9 feet in width. I measured it myself.

John Arnold
08-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Needless to say, CAVE is having a fit...

Who/what is CAVE?

Personally I think that "snout house" (huge garage out in front) is way worse than the skinny one.

Edit: Not talking about WC Jerry's pics, but the one in the Sun article from the OP.

Richard Moore
08-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Who/what is CAVE?

Personally I think that "snout house" (huge garage out in front) is way worse than the skinny one.

Edit: Not talking about WC Jerry's pics, but the one in the Sun article from the OP.

I'm with you John. I have a couple of skinny houses right next door to mine. They were in place when we bought the house, so I didn't get to throw a fit when they were built...but I would have done. I'm no fan of them, but, if I was just shown that particular photo and asked which one was likely to lower neighborhood property values, I would have gone with the asphalt front yard leading to the overbuilt garage.

Michael Thomas
08-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Citizens Against Virtually Everything

Billy Stephens
08-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Quote from Mr. O'Neil " What use to be somebody's yard is now turning into a building lot.

So for decades the lots were treated as the neighbors yard and the real owners of the lot received no benefit,other than paying the Property Taxes :p

I wonder how many times the property was offered for sale to " Why Should I pay for it I already use it as My Free lawn ? :rolleyes:

1/4 Million Dollars for a 2 story Dog House!!! :confused: .:eek:
For That kind of Cheese I would Demand a 3 Story Dog House. :D

John Arnold
08-03-2008, 04:38 PM
[B]Citizens Against Virtually Everything

Oh, them.