PDA

View Full Version : anyone from Rhode Island?

John Arnold
08-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Any inspectors out there from Rhode Island? There is a one in a gazillion chance we'll move there, and I don't know anything about licensing, insurance requirements, etc.
A quick Google search turned up a state webpage from 2005 saying that licensing was in the works but not yet funded.

Nick Ostrowski
08-05-2008, 09:09 AM
John, looking to escape the concrete jungle?

John Arnold
08-05-2008, 11:41 AM
John, looking to escape the concrete jungle?

It certainly crosses our minds from time to time. Problem is, we can't afford much in the Jamestown area, which is our dream location.

Rick Hurst
08-05-2008, 01:53 PM
John,

Have you considered moving to Texas?

Lotsa of opportunity.

rick

Jim Luttrall
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, lots of opportunity and the temperature is supposed to cool off today... to only 100. Lots of opportunity, sunshine, hurricanes, tornados, snakes, termites... now where is Rhode Island again?:D

Ted Menelly
08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I lived in Mass for 36 years. Beautiful State. Would never live there again. My daughter bought a house for 483,000 (79 years old) about 5 years ago. At the same time we bought a second home in Florida for 116,000 (10 years old)

The first February, first week, in Florida, sitting on the back deck in the morning having our coffee, laughing at, "why did we live there for 36 years"

Lived in Florida for 14 years and then in (now) Texas for 4 years almost to date. Would never live up north again.

Oh yeah, we (I) practically never inspect anything older than 40 years (occasionally). Most are no older than 20 years. 75% of what I inspect are no older than 10 years old. No basements (almost)

Love it

Already way to many inspectors out here............... :)

Billy Stephens
08-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I lived in Mass for 36 years. Beutiful State. Would never live there again. ......
Ted,

So you Sir are an Impostor !

You don't be No Texan !

Your one of them D--- Yankees. ( 2 kind of Yankees) those that live in the North (Yankees)
and them that has moved South and will not go home ( D--- Yankees.) :D

Ted Menelly
08-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Ted,

So you Sir are an Impostor !

You don't be No Texan !

Your one of them D--- Yankees. ( 2 kind of Yankees) those that live in the North (Yankees)
and them that has moved South and will not go home ( D--- Yankees.) :D

Now Billy

How, just how did I know you were going to respond to this.

Well, 18 years in the south I am not sure I can still qualify as a Yankee. Nothing wrong with that though.

No Billy. I am one of those opinionated, blunt, straight forward, slightly edumicated (not to edumicated) Yankees.

I just don't pahrk my cahr in Hahrford Yahrd any more.

What I got a lot when I first moved to the once redneck Jacksonville Florida. You are a damn Yankee cause you moved down here and stayed. When I first moved there, there were 400,000 people. When I moved the greater Jacksonville area had 1,200,000.

Billy Stephens
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I am not sure I can still qualify as a Yankee.
Well,

I guess I'll have to take Your word as a Gentleman.

And As a Gentleman but one thing left to do Sir. :D

wayne soper
08-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey Billy, I think I saw your motorcycle parked outsid ethe other day

wayne soper
08-05-2008, 05:02 PM
And is this really how you guys play horse shoes?

Billy Stephens
08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Hey Billy, I think I saw your motorcycle parked outsid ethe other day

And is this really how you guys play horse shoes?
Wayne,

That sure is a Nice Scooter ! ( bet the Neighbor misses his riding Mower engine. )

Only thing missing would be a Good Coat of Thomson Water Seal and of course" The Stars & Bars".

I guess if all you have for Horse Shoe Stakes is the Telephone Pole that would work.

Shucks I was at the mall the other Day and almost all them Folks was a wearing Shoes! But they might have been a bunch of tourist ? :confused:

wayne soper
08-06-2008, 04:57 AM
Mabey you're right Billy. Sorry, didn't think you'd take that personally.

Billy Stephens
08-06-2008, 05:29 AM
-- didn't think you'd take that personally.
None taken,

The Jackass was the Punch line at the End. :D

wayne soper
08-06-2008, 12:20 PM
In that case, Thanks for my new Avatar. WHew!