PDA

View Full Version : IR Can you see it? What is it?

Ron Bibler
08-31-2008, 07:36 PM
OK All you IR Guys. Can you see it :eek: in these images.

This was very cool to find.:cool:

Best

Ron:D

Jerry Peck
08-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Ron,

Because we are seeing reflected background temperatures in the first photo (you taking the photo), that is probably a glazed opening.

What is confusing, though, is that the heat is radiating upward in one photo and downward in the other photo? If it changed from right to left, that would be a mirror image cause ... up to down???

The second photo shows the heat radiating inward (presuming you are inside and not outside) from a small opening in something. Being as there is the faint outline of a wall and sill, and the heat is from the further side, that again makes me suspect it is a glazed opening and you are inside, with the glazing being toward the outside (like a window is typically installed).

Is that an operator for a horizontal blind on the left in the second photo?

In the first photo I see a linear shape on a diagonal to the vertical orientation of the photo, is that a flashlight or a laser pointer?

Can you give us some clues?

Gunnar Alquist
08-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Ron mentioned trying to photograph a fly. Becha that's it.

Ted Menelly
08-31-2008, 08:46 PM
Ron mentioned trying to photograph a fly. Becha that's it.

It has to be a flying creature with the trail behind it.

wayne soper
09-01-2008, 04:04 AM
That's you, smoking a cigarette, through the wall.:eek:

Erby Crofutt
09-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Great Aunt Matilda's ghost is lingering around the home at the bottom right of the first photo. Scary.

The fly heat trail is cool too though.

Jerry Peck
09-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I forgot about the fly heat trail mission.

Cool photo and use of the infrared camera.

Ron Bibler
09-01-2008, 03:38 PM
One for Gunnar.. but with insider info.
We can never put Gunnar on the NY Stock Echange.

It is a FLY. Check out the heat trail. I was trying to get some better shots but we get what we get. some of the heat trails were 10 to 16 Inch long. very hard to get that on a photo. Chect this photo with the temps on this FLY. Almost 3° from the adjacent window. Thats one hot little FLY.

Best

Ron