PDA

View Full Version : Feel the love....

Matt Fellman
09-05-2008, 07:03 PM
What's that they say about catching more flies with honey than vinegar?

Ted Menelly
09-05-2008, 07:07 PM
What's that they say about catching more flies with honey than vinegar?

If I saw a threat of court I do believe that that person would be looking for any excuse what so ever to get something for nothing and I would more than likely not have done that inspection unless I had witnesses with me the entire time, including the seller so he could not fabricate anything afterwards.

Chris Bernhardt
09-05-2008, 09:32 PM
I would have walked away.

There is really no point for the buyer to continue until they put that seller in his place.

My opinion.

Chris, Oregon

Matt Fellman
09-05-2008, 09:39 PM
The buyer and agent were chuckling about the note at the start of the inspection but I didn't notice that it was specifically addressed to 'Inspectors' - I thought it was just a general note for anyone entering the house.

It's actually sad that somebody goes through life with such a chip on their shoulder.

I thought of cleaning the toilet bowl with his toothbrush but didn't want to get sued for scratching the porcelin :)

Rick Hurst
09-05-2008, 10:49 PM
From the inspector,

Brian Thomas
09-06-2008, 05:50 AM
That is either someone that has been burned badly by an inspector or buyer walking thru their home before, or its just a big A hole that walks thru life P O'ed all the time.

Some people just get off on trying to sue everyone they can. He sounds to me like he is just "frivolous lawsuit guy"

Ted Menelly
09-06-2008, 06:26 AM
That is either someone that has been burned badly by an inspector or buyer walking thru their home before, or its just a big A hole that walks thru life P O'ed all the time.

Some people just get off on trying to sue everyone they can. He sounds to me like he is just "frivolous lawsuit guy"

He is just a little man that wants to be in charge. One of those I'll show them kind of guys but really cannot show anyone anything.

Rick

That was a good one.

Brian Thomas
09-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Yep, just someone that goes around and tries to intimidate everyone. He figures his sign will have you scared and less likely to report a problem. If anything, it makes you more likely to report something ha ha

Ron Bibler
09-06-2008, 07:19 AM
From the inspector,

Im with Rick. I would wright a book on that house..

Best

Ron

Jim Luttrall
09-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Sic 'em! but doucument everything with a picture before and after you touch it.
Just a Bully trying to control something they can't control, me.
Kind of like the "I don't know why you're here, I just had an inspection" type comments.

Jerry Peck
09-06-2008, 07:29 AM
That's when you call all of your inspector friends and say I need help on this house.

When they ask why, read them the note ... I am sure they will be right over to help out. :D

Rick Hurst
09-06-2008, 08:12 AM
I'd be on my way with plenty of ink.

{wiping dog stuff from my shoes}
rick

Chris Bernhardt
09-06-2008, 08:48 AM
That's when you call all of your inspector friends and say I need help on this house.

When they ask why, read them the note ... I am sure they will be right over to help out. :D

I like that idea.

Chris, Oregon

Brandon Chew
09-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I'd shrug it off and do my job the way I always do it. My client hired me to do a job and I'll do everything within reason to get it done.

If I make a mess I always clean it up.

I don't intentionally damage anything. If I unintentionally caused damage, I'd pay to make it right. The court threat is an empty one.

Remove shoes ... no way. I'd ignore that directive. I consider my shoes to be protective gear for my feet. I have a pair of shoes that I keep clean and only wear inside. If the owner is really freaky about my shoes, I have some of those silly looking bootie covers that I can put over my "inside shoes".

My client usually does not own the property I am inspecting. I'm a guest in the house and I treat it that way.

The chest thumping in response to the note is funny. My chest thump retort would be "If I take off my protective foot-gear at your direction and stub my toe while inside your house, I'll see YOU in court". ;)

Jack Feldmann
09-07-2008, 06:11 AM
I would just laugh at the note. For every one of those, I must get 4 or 5 that say "help yourself the water in the fridge", or "call me if you have any questions", or "here's the key to the crawlspace....".

I wear shoe covers anyway, and try to leave the house so they would not be able to tell I was there.

Now, if they would only take their friggin animals with them instead of leaving them in the house and leave the note that says "don't let the cat out".

Chris Bernhardt
09-07-2008, 08:59 AM
I 've never see a note like Matts at an inspection but there has been plenty of times where the buyers agent has pulled me aside before the inspection to warn me that the seller is an A-hole.

I've never had an instance where I didn't get the seller to warm up to me but I have walked away from A-hole sellers agents.

Chris, Oregon

Ted Menelly
09-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I love it when they request your shoes be removed whether it be pet peeves or for religious purposes. Then you walk into the home with your little booties on and the place is a disgusting slime hole. The bath tub and shower bottoms have black, filthy disgusting stench wrapped around them. Dirty diapers on the floor. No animals but the place smells like urine and the owners have such an unwashed odor to them it is almost walk away time.

Gees, memories. That practically never happens but when it does you certainly do not forget it.

I posted earlier that I more than likely would have left. A little hasty but a good idea unless there are witnesses with you the whole time. I am not a nit picky, write every ding up in the home kind of inspector. My belief is if you want a new home buy one but do not expect a *used* home to be an immaculate palace.

I would have written the hell out of that place. Left nothing for chance in the slightest. More than likely I would have said ooops and the note disappears.

I think we should be able to charge sellers for stepping on dog crap. Sometimes no matter how hard you try not to there is so much animal waiste in the yard you avoid some and step right into others.