PDA

View Full Version : Flexible P Trap

Stephen G Sheldon
09-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Never seen this before. Is it legal and should it be called out?

Thanks

Wayne Carlisle
09-11-2008, 08:51 AM
If it has a "seal" from IAPMO or UPC yes! But I don't think this one has any kind of approval except "jack-leg"!

Write it up!!!

Stephen G Sheldon
09-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks. Didn't look right to me.

Wayne Carlisle
09-11-2008, 09:10 AM
All fittings that are used in plumbing must have some type of testing agencies approval. The UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code) which looks like a warrior shield with the letters UPC within that shield is accepted. The ones I see in our area are the IAPMO (International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials) and UPC that approve the fittings. There are others but the fitting will have some sort of approval from an agency.

Jerry Peck
09-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Never seen this before. Is it legal

That, like the flexible tail pieces, are "legal" in that they are allowed to be 'made', 'sold', and 'bought', however, ... they are "illegal" as soon as you install one. :D

Tony Watson
09-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Might be legal..... but not installed properly.

Jerry Peck
09-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Might be legal..... but not installed properly.

Tony,

The only 'proper way' to install that is to leave it in the box it came in, set it up on the shelf in your workshop, and let that be a reminder that 'we all buy stupid things' now and then, and that those 'stupid things' are just someones way of getting some money for nothing ... and it worked ... again. :(

Eugene Cameline 3rd
09-12-2008, 06:32 AM
Looks like a Dollar Store special.