PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to go to get a Texas Enviromental Inspection License

Gene South
09-17-2008, 03:45 AM
Anyone know where to go to get a Texas Enviromental Inspection License ? I have been able to located the licensing body for the State or specifically where to go. A doctor's office asked me to do an enviromental based inspection.

Thanks, Gene

Scott Patterson
09-17-2008, 06:45 AM
Anyone know where to go to get a Texas Enviromental Inspection License ? I have been able to located the licensing body for the State or specifically where to go. A doctor's office asked me to do an enviromental based inspection.

Thanks, Gene

Well, I did a simple Google search for Texas Environmental Inspection License and this came up:

Home Page - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.state.tx.us (http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/)

Now, if you are testing for mold in TX I think that this license is through the State Department of Health.

I guess a big question would be; What do they want you to inspect for?

Jerry Peck
09-17-2008, 07:51 AM
A doctor's office asked me to do an enviromental based inspection.

Unless I was an Industrial Hygienist, I would refer it out to one.

What would protocol would you follow?

What would you be inspecting for?

What would be your liability if you did not find something that later adversely affected a patient, who died as a result?

I can only see great potential harm and liability for little income ... unless you are an Industrial Hygienist and can back up what you say, and don't say (which is probably more important than what you do say).

Gene South
09-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Guys, thanks. Yes, there is probably too much liability to make it worthwhile.

Gene