PDA

View Full Version : vanity top/sink

John Dirks Jr
09-17-2008, 06:30 PM
I have seen a few of these solid material one piece bathroom counter top/sinks that are not attached to the vanity cabinet. They are pretty heavy so I doubt they are going anywhere but you can lift them up off the vanity without too much effort.

Nonetheless, shouldn't they be attached somehow?

Jerry Peck
09-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Nonetheless, shouldn't they be attached somehow?

Yes.

But ... ummm ... er ... I forgot to lay a bead down before I set my new one in place, then I went ... DANG! Now I gotta take it back up ... or wait until I take it back up for some other reason, so, it sets there just like that one you found ... not going anywhere but not secured down either.

Me bad, I know. :o

If I never get to it, it will be written up on the in$pection report when I die and the house is sold ... :) ... such is life, everyone makes mistakes. :p

Yes, you should write it up.

Rick Hurst
09-17-2008, 07:08 PM
John,

I've seen more of them lately than ever. As a matter of fact when I showed the buyer he grabbed ahold of the counter and pulled on it to see what I was telling him and pulled the plumbing line loose at the fixture causing a major leak.

Many of the guest restrooms that have the nice sink and dresser looking vanity as pictured below are almost never secured to the walls.

rick

Jerry Peck
09-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Rick,

Is that spout crooked, or is it just an optical illusion because the spout is turned slightly off to one side?

Or is thay why you took that photo?

Rick Hurst
09-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Jeepers!

I guess I'll have to go back over there and whack that spout back upright some.

Actually Jerry, that photo is from the web just as a example of a vanity type sink cabinet.

That faucet spout is a leaner for sure.

rick

Wayne Carlisle
09-18-2008, 08:19 AM
I thought it was the AFLAC duck with a suntan!:D

Michael Greenwalt
09-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Too Funny :)