PDA

View Full Version : Wrong but can not find in irc

Glen Stevenson
09-19-2008, 12:29 PM
This is a bath room with a fiberglass tub/ shower install and a vanity. The toilet room is vented properly. But the question is does the window have to be in the same room as the shower or would this size of an opening allow for the window in the next room?

Scott Patterson
09-19-2008, 01:34 PM
This is a bath room with a fiberglass tub/ shower install and a vanity. The toilet room is vented properly. But the question is does the window have to be in the same room as the shower or would this size of an opening allow for the window in the next room?

Although the code that Fritz cited does address the wall and the need for a vent fan, IMO this falls into that what's it going to hurt category. With that large of opening and the absence of doors, I can't really see a whole lot of moisture building up. But, saying that I would most likely recommend an additional vent fan in bathtub area if I thought one was needed. Looking at that picture, I don't think one is needed. Boy, that sounds like political double talk! :D

Jerry Peck
09-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Fritz is correct, another vent is needed in that 'room' ...

Scott, have you taken you meds yet? :D (I took mine. :cool: )

That's like saying "Mission Accomplished", followed by "Now we have to send in more troops" Huh? :eek:

Not trying to be political there, just showing an oxymoron, so to speak. :(

When Scott calms down after taking his meds ... ;)

Glen Stevenson
09-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Thank you both.

Scott I tend to lean to thinking. The master bedroom being fairly small, there is more than adequate ventilation for the area.

Scott Patterson
09-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Fritz is correct, another vent is needed in that 'room' ...

Scott, have you taken you meds yet? :D (I took mine. :cool: )

That's like saying "Mission Accomplished", followed by "Now we have to send in more troops" Huh? :eek:

Not trying to be political there, just showing an oxymoron, so to speak. :(

When Scott calms down after taking his meds ...

I know, I know. But, knowing how the codes are in TN, I'm betting that the AHJ in that area would not have a problem with it. Most don't see it as an issue as long as one is in the "bathroom" regardless if it has a water closet or not.

Is it right? No, it is not if you go by the codes in a perfect world. But, this is East TN! :D

Ted Menelly
09-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Although the code that Fritz cited does address the wall and the need for a vent fan, IMO this falls into that what's it going to hurt category. With that large of opening and the absence of doors, I can't really see a whole lot of moisture building up. But, saying that I would most likely recommend an additional vent fan in bathtub area if I thought one was needed. Looking at that picture, I don't think one is needed. Boy, that sounds like political double talk! :D

Are you running for President as well Scott :)

Jerry Peck
09-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Most don't see it as an issue as long as one is in the "bathroom" regardless if it has a water closet or not.

Scott,

This is how I started reading that ahead of myself, but then I had to go

Most don't see it as an issue as long as one is in the "bathroom" when the bathroom is in the house ... wait, ... that can't be what Scott said ... no, no it was not. :D

But, then again ... "this is East TN!"