PDA

View Full Version : Bulldozer Scraping Foundation Wall

Sean Bacon
09-22-2008, 07:27 PM
I did a crawlspace inspection this afternoon and came across what appears to be scrape marks from the jagged edge of the digger bucket (if it's called that) on the inside of the foundation walls. Could the marks have an adverse affect on the foundation wall? I didn't see any bowing in the affected walls.

Please advise?

Thanks

Brandon Whitmore
09-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Judging by the pictures, my guess would be no.

I grew up with a father who owns an excavation business, and I can't really figure out why an excavator would be digging around on the interior side after a pour. I say excavator because I don't think those marks are dozer marks--- the marks would be more horizontal and not vertical.

I can't really see any actual damage, and you wouldn't have any bowing without cracks in the foundation.

Ron Bibler
09-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Looks like some one was trying to get the form board off the foundation. you can see what looks like a spalling of the concrete just on the serface. No big deal to me.

Best

Ron

Raymond Wand
09-23-2008, 04:40 AM
Those don't look like marks that would be left by a wheel loader or bulldozer. They look like someone took an ice scrapper or spade and scraped off surface imperfections.

Jerry Peck
09-23-2008, 05:44 AM
I'm going to go with Sean, those like like hoe bucket teeth marks.

Certainly does not from a blade scraper/dozer, and not from a shovel bucket tooth either. The direction of the scraping is downward, a shovel bucket direction of scraping is upward while a hoe scrapes downward.

Bruce Ramsey
09-23-2008, 06:46 AM
Maybe they were using the bucket to move the gravel into the corner for the drain?

Ron Bibler
09-23-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm going to go with Sean, those like like hoe bucket teeth marks.

Certainly does not from a blade scraper/dozer, and not from a shovel bucket tooth either. The direction of the scraping is downward, a shovel bucket direction of scraping is upward while a hoe scrapes downward.

Ya and Jerry knowns how a Hoe scrapes. :D

Sorry Jerry. But you set this one up.

Best

Ron

Jerry Peck
09-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Ya and Jerry knowns how a Hoe scrapes. :D

Sorry Jerry. But you set this one up.

Best

Ron

That I did, and poor Old Santa is not allowed to go "Ho, Ho, Ho" when he talks to naughty little girls any more either. :D