PDA

View Full Version : New Car

Lanny Freng
09-24-2008, 07:56 AM
So I am thinking about getting a 2008 Scion Xb soon. $17K brand new with lots of options. 28 mpg, lots of room for gear in the rear. Toyota Camry engine and frame so should last along time. Now the big question. White or Black. I will be getting decals for this car, not just a small decal but gonna do it up pretty good with em.

I thought this would be good for the lower front doors:

Crazy-[krey-zee]: Someone who buys a house without a Home Inspection!

but back to the color. Which will get better attention white base with black lettering or black base with white lettering. Any thoughts?

Ron Bibler
09-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Go with the white car. Black is a drag to keep clean...

Best

Ron

Lanny Freng
09-24-2008, 08:20 AM
yeah i was thinking about that, dont want to have to clean it constantly.

Scott Patterson
09-24-2008, 01:48 PM
An inspector friend in my area has one of the Scion toaster cars and he love it. He bought the 08 model and had it "wrapped". The entire car is a rolling billboard. It cost him right at $1800 to have a graphic artist design the wrap and have it printed. It looks really sharp.

Lanny Freng
09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Scott,

Can you see if your friend could email me some pics. I am interested in seeing how it turned out.

Jim Luttrall
09-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Mine is an '06 and I just had the local sign shop put stick on letters rather than the entire wrap. I get lots of comments and recognition.

Let me know how you come out on real world mileage. Mine is rated at 30 city -34 Hwy but I only get about 26-29 most of the time. I drive with the flow of traffic in Dallas which is always 5-10 above the posted limit.

Lanny Freng
09-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I will, i talked to a guy that owns an auto parts store. He bougt the 2008, said he is getting about 26/30. I think it was rated at 24/28 due to the larger engine this year.

Jim Luttrall
09-24-2008, 02:17 PM
They also revised the mpg estimate downward between 2006 and now. I figure about half the difference is the revision in rating to a more realistic number and the other half is due to the 2008 xb being bigger, heavier, and the larger engine. I have almost traded for the new one but the loss of mpg has made me have second thoughts and consider the Chevy HHR.

Scott Patterson
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Scott,

Can you see if your friend could email me some pics. I am interested in seeing how it turned out.

I'll see if I can get hold of him, I usually see him at our ASHI chapter meeting or when he passes me scurrying down the highway. He flew past me the other day and "Beeped" his horn as he passed. Wrap looks pretty good.

Markus Keller
09-26-2008, 05:07 PM
I owned one black car, never again. Looks the best clean and shiny. You can't keep it that way long. Looks terrible dirty.
I've also had and have a white car. Boring but looks fine clean or somewhat dirty. Go white.