PDA

View Full Version : ASHI Web Leads

Randy King
10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi guys hope your inspection schedules are full. My question is for you guys who have affiliation/certification with a national organization such as ASHI, INACHI, NAHI, etc. and listed on their website locator/finder. I have heard from various inspectors mostly ASHI members that they receive good success with being a member and receive a good amount of leads directly from the web. I would like to hear if you have received a good amount of sucess with any one in particular and if so how much success. Such as how many leads, you get etc. Thank you in advance and input is greatly appreciated.

Dan Harris
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
6-8 leads a year from ASHI national.
5-6 a yr from AZ ASHI.
10-15 referrals a yr. from local members.
2-3 a month from customers that stated they called me due to being an ASHI member.
End result with referrals from those new customers... 100 plus a yr. apx 20% of my business.

Matt Fellman
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM
6-8 leads a year from ASHI national.
5-6 a yr from AZ ASHI.
10-15 referrals a yr. from local members.
2-3 a month from customers that stated they called me due to being an ASHI member.
End result with referrals from those new customers... 100 plus a yr. apx 20% of my business.

That's an impressive amount. It sounds like you focus on it and it works out for you. This is about the most sucess I've heard from the national associations and related sources.

Personally, I gave up on my national association a few years back. I could count on one hand the number of calls I got a year and we had 3 of us on the list.

I never did anything to try and get more from it and it was a smaller and appearently less sucessful association than ASHI. If/when I ever sign up with another national organization it woudl be ASHI, for sure.

The others are too busy fighting amongst themselves to send you any work.

Eric Barker
10-07-2008, 06:11 PM
This past year has clearly yielded more business for me from ASHI than in the past. Not sure why, but it's significant.

Ted Menelly
10-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I will go back just these 4 years in Texas. I have recieved 2 leads from and association. No one else in the 4 years here in Texas has ever asked me what association I belonged to. Of course they read my website if that is where they found me and would already know which I belong to but none have stated "Oh wonderful, I called you because you were a member of a particular association."

Nolan Kienitz
10-07-2008, 09:04 PM
This year (to date) has been the best I've ever had in six years and I've been pretty busy in each of those prior years. This in spite of the weird RE market, but then Texas never got the hit the East/West coast areas did.

As for ASHI ... I get ~35% of my business from folks (both in state and out) via the ASHI national site.

Either via e-mail or text messaging or phone. They all have said they started at the ASHI core site, drilled down and chose me.

They didn't ask me if I was an ASHI member as they already knew that from the search, but I have had some customers comment and ask about my membership with ASHI. Some have also commented about the demeanor of another organization and they were not impressed.

ASHI has served me well with referrals and I'm proud to be a part of their group.

Stuart Brooks
10-10-2008, 06:51 AM
I don't recall receiving anything from ASHI. I'm just an "associate" so I don't count I guess. A couple of leads from NACHI. One of which was draw inspections. Not much money but fills in the slow times. Better Business Bureau leads have paid for the annual dues. Most leads have come from Google and Yahoo searches. Realtor leads are very slow right now. Things were pretty busy in late spring and all summer until 1st week in September when money started getting really tight. Then everything just died.

Really having issue with real newbies cutting prices. The first round of construction trades people and small contractors who decided they could make their fortunes in Home inspection with the first big slow down in construction have pretty much gone - surprise! Now we have the second round starting up as commercial construction dies.

Evan Grugett
10-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Over the last three years I have gotten referrals both from the ASHI national website and our own Chapter website here in Metro NYC. The fee for one inspection will easily pay for the membership fee to ASHI or any other inspector organization. It is the most cost effective way to have an internet presence, in my opinion.

Ben Christianson
10-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm an ASHI associate with only a year in business. I've had people who have called me mention they viewed my profile on the ASHI website which is linked to my website where they can get more information.

My very first inspection was due to the customer viewing my ASHI website.

Ben

Ted Menelly
10-13-2008, 03:09 PM
This maybe the wrong thread to post this but it does have to do with it.

This statement is an extreme difference to what I have been posting on here for months on end but my phone in the past few days has not rung once.

I had an extremely slow last month with the exception of last week being fairly good. This week I only have 2 inspections lined up.

Since Friday of last week I have had any Realtor referrals or referrals from past clients, no web listing referrals and absolutely no calls from my website.

I was just curious if it were the same for other Texas inspectors in the DFW area and anyone else for that matter. I know no one likes to be forward about not working but I am just looking for an overall outlook on the Real Estate world.

Scott Patterson
10-14-2008, 07:48 AM
This maybe the wrong thread to post this but it does have to do with it.

This statement is an extreme difference to what I have been posting on here for months on end but my phone in the past few days has not rung once.

I had an extremely slow last month with the exception of last week being fairly good. This week I only have 2 inspections lined up.

Since Friday of last week I have had any Realtor referrals or referrals from past clients, no web listing referrals and absolutely no calls from my website.

I was just curious if it were the same for other Texas inspectors in the DFW area and anyone else for that matter. I know no one likes to be forward about not working but I am just looking for an overall outlook on the Real Estate world.

Ah, have you looked at the News lately? Home loans are not being issued by the majority of the lenders. Even with good credit and down payments.

Ted Menelly
10-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Ah, have you looked at the News lately? Home loans are not being issued by the majority of the lenders. Even with good credit and down payments.

Yes Scott. You definitely have that right. I have Realtors that refer me that are telling me literally that they have clients that they have been working with that now have to wait till spring to get that little extra cash for down payments as well. The only folks I have been inspecting are those that are coming from homes with equity. Not a sole lately has been a new (first time) home buyer. Like I have mentioned on other threads this thing has turned so far around I am afraid to say and think that most of the national home builders are probably on their way out the door. I have some town houses going up near me and they were going up at a good clip. They have come to a complete halt and the ones that were completed are standing empty.

This reminds me of the 1988 recession but a lot worse. I think crossing the fingers and toes might be in order.

Stuart Brooks
10-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Inspections died off here right after labor day after a busy late Spring and Summer. I have agents now asking me for referrals! It'll get worse before it gets better. Already see closed branch offices of the larger Reatlors in the area. It will be interesting to see what the government does with our $700 billion. That's a scary thought. Was that $250 million or $250 billion they announced would be spent to buy bank stock? -- Wooooo Woooo Cha-ching! A bank CEO was overheard commenting.

Donald Merritt
11-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Had a Realtor ask me if I wanted to buy her Lexus last week. It was a good deal but based on the low amount of inspections this year I could not buy the car. Apparently it’s going to be rough till next summer. Look for more good deals on Realtor cars.

Don Merritt
Germantown, Tennessee

Scott Patterson
11-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Had a Realtor ask me if I wanted to buy her Lexus last week. It was a good deal but based on the low amount of inspections this year I could not buy the car. Apparently it’s going to be rough till next summer. Look for more good deals on Realtor cars.

Don Merritt
Germantown, Tennessee

Yep, I was in Lowe's buying a new lawnmower this weekend and the Realtor that sold us our home two years go also sold me my lawnmower!

If I was not diversified into other types of inspections I would be selling Bar-B-Q grills next to him!

Ken Bates
11-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Several per year from ASHI.

only one from NACHI.

Ace Home Inspections (http://www.aceinspect.com)

Jack Feldmann
11-16-2008, 04:42 PM
I get several leads from the ASHI site that turn into jobs. They more than pay for the dues.

I was in a local fish market that other day and I had my company shirt on. The guy behind the counter asked me about business. Seems he got his HI license a year ago, and has not been able to make it - so he was selling fish.

We had 22 inspectors at our East TN ASHI Chapter meeting on Saturday, and every one of us had 5 or less inspections last week. Most of us usually schedule two a day.

That's a pretty good indicator of business in East Tennessee from Bristol, to Knoxville, to Chattanooga, to Crossville.

Frank Bombardiere
11-16-2008, 08:10 PM
We usually do two a day and average around 500 per year. We had a week a few weeks back with only two inspections. We are averaging about 6 per wk right now. Had eight scheduled last week but two cancelled. Just got a call about an hour ago to cancel tomorrow mornings inspection too. Getting alot of cancellations lately. Usually due to financing falling apart. Oh well. it was a 1920 3600 sq ft with an apartment out back and was selling for $48 per sq ft so I wasn't looking forward to that one anyway. But I sure could have used the money. I'm glad my youngest daughter knows there is not a Santa or she would think she was a terrible girl this year.