Results 1 to 49 of 49
  1. #1
    Rudolf Reusse's Avatar
    Rudolf Reusse Guest

    Default My final thought about NACHI

    I just have found out that my unjustified suspension is not only restricted to the InterNACHI message board - but that I also have no more access to any information about NACHI on the Google network. The NACHI guru certainly knows how to manipulate the cyberspace.

    Based on my experience - I am now more than ever convinced that the entire NACHI enterprise is in fact nothing more than a clever "One-Man Circus" operated on the internet by one clever but unscrupulous promoter.

    Even though Nick Gromickoís accomplishment appears to be successful on the surface - the founder of the self-acclaimed "World biggest & best Inspection Association" is obviously becoming more and more sensitive to even the slightest criticism about his sly operation.

    Not obligated to release any information about the financial state of his "not-for-profit" cyberspace empire - no one will ever find out whether the severe slump in real estate activities is also resulting in the decline of NACHI membership applications and/or renewals.

    Under the scenario that the NACHI owner might one day not be able to fulfill his financial obligations - and that the cunning owner might decide to close up shop and disappear into the Colorado sunset - all purchased NACHI home inspector certifications will become even more worthless than they are already.

    RUDOLF REUSSE - Home Inspector since 1976 - TORONTO

    Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Dude get a life...

    Best

    Ron


  3. #3
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf Reusse View Post
    I just have found out that my unjustified suspension is not only restricted to the InterNACHI message board - but that I also have no more access to any information about NACHI on the Google network. The NACHI guru certainly knows how to manipulate the cyberspace.

    Based on my experience - I am now more than ever convinced that the entire NACHI enterprise is in fact nothing more than a clever "One-Man Circus" operated on the internet by one clever but unscrupulous promoter.

    Even though Nick Gromickoís accomplishment appears to be successful on the surface - the founder of the self-acclaimed "World biggest & best Inspection Association" is obviously becoming more and more sensitive to even the slightest criticism about his sly operation.

    Not obligated to release any information about the financial state of his "not-for-profit" cyberspace empire - no one will ever find out whether the severe slump in real estate activities is also resulting in the decline of NACHI membership applications and/or renewals.

    Under the scenario that the NACHI owner might one day not be able to fulfill his financial obligations - and that the cunning owner might decide to close up shop and disappear into the Colorado sunset - all purchased NACHI home inspector certifications will become even more worthless than they are already.

    RUDOLF REUSSE - Home Inspector since 1976 - TORONTO
    Rudopf: Pray for a localized avalanche.

    Aaron


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Healdsburg, CA
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Circus McGurkus, will it ever end?????

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Rudolf

    I don't know why you act surprised but Nachi is not any different than OAHI in the manner it is run. Two sets of rules, they do as they wish to suit the need. Obviously people who are astute and can think on their feet are unwelcome.

    Now you know why we desperately require licencing in Ontario.

    Btw there is a vacancy at the jail, as Mr. Peter Tafeen has been paroled.

    I can think of a few Nachi members who should now be occuping this cell, but its not quite big enough, they would need a bull pen.

    Raymond Wand RHI

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf Reusse View Post
    I just have found out that my unjustified suspension is not only restricted to the InterNACHI message board - but that I also have no more access to any information about NACHI on the Google network. The NACHI guru certainly knows how to manipulate the cyberspace.
    You are apparently a complete idiot or just your computer is broken.

    Here is the response when I had my IT guy read your silly post:


    Completely and utterly impossible for anyone at NACHI to block the guys from a google search on it. That's just ridiculous.

    You also have full access to the NACHI stats. Check out :

    Membership Stats - InterNACHI: home inspection




  7. #7
    Kevin Luce's Avatar
    Kevin Luce Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf Reusse View Post
    RUDOLF REUSSE - Home Inspector since 1976 - TORONTO
    Home Inspector since 1976 and you're realizing this now?

    Last edited by Kevin Luce; 01-09-2009 at 03:48 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Michael,

    What do the Nachi Stats have to do with anything?


  9. #9
    Rudolf Reusse's Avatar
    Rudolf Reusse Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Having been called a "complete idiot" by the spokesperson Michael Larson has highlighted the sophistication of the NACHI organization or its lack thereof.

    RUDOLF REUSSE - Toronto



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    645

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf Reusse View Post
    Having been called a "complete idiot" by the spokesperson Michael Larson has highlighted the sophistication of the NACHI organization or its lack thereof.

    RUDOLF REUSSE - Toronto
    Rudolf,

    I said you where one of two things.

    What you claim happened is technically impossible for anyone at iNACHI to accomplish.


  11. #11
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf Reusse View Post
    Having been called a "complete idiot" by the spokesperson Michael Larson has highlighted the sophistication of the NACHI organization or its lack thereof.

    RUDOLF REUSSE - Toronto
    Rudolf: Either you are a practiced masochist or just plain demented. Follow this simple prescription for instant relief:

    (1) Drop your NACHI membership - now. Do not renew it - ever.

    (2) Send your money to ASHI or NAHI, or both. Do it now - right now.

    (3) Assimilate yourself in your new environment, surrounded by real professionals.

    (4) Forget that you ever heard of NACHI.

    (5) For ongoing therapy, if needed, make a dart board with Nick's photo on it. If you can't find one, call the folks at NAHI. They will be happy to supply you with one.

    OR

    (1) Slit both wrists and bleed all over this forum with your self-loathing and hypocrisy.

    (2) Start shopping for a stout length of rope and identify a substantial ceiling joist for it. Be certain to check the tables located at IRC Tables R802.4(1) and R802.4(2).

    OR

    (1) Put on a red nose.

    (2) Move to the North Pole

    (3) Hang out with the elves.

    Aaron


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Aaron

    I love hypocrites. I see you are a CMI, which means your credibility to dispense advice is just that; useless meaningless tripe.

    I think you need to turn off your BS meter!


  13. #13
    Kevin Luce's Avatar
    Kevin Luce Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    I look at this like a restaurant. If you don't like the atmosphere or service, don't go back. If they don't want you in their restaurant anymore, fine, their loss. If somebody ask about that restaurant, tell them what you think. But to announce how bad that restaurant is to everyone is taking it a little too far.

    It's like somebody complaining about McDonald's not serving enough healthy food. Nobody is forcing anyone to go to McDonald's.

    Last edited by Kevin Luce; 01-10-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Changed "a little to far." to "a little too far."

  14. #14
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Aaron

    I love hypocrites. I see you are a CMI, which means your credibility to dispense advice is just that; useless meaningless tripe.

    I think you need to turn off your BS meter!
    Raymond:

    Well, let's see now. There is no Raymond Wand in the ICC register, but there is an Aaron Miller with 5 certifications, so let's scarp that idea.

    And then, there appears to be no Raymond Wand certified by the Post-Tensioning Institute, but there is an Aaron Miller with an installer's certificate, so take a pass on this one too.

    And, let's not forget, that since Raymond lives in the frozen tundra, he cannot officially broach the subject of residential inspections in the State of Texas. He has no TREC license, no TRCC certification as a builder or third-party inspector, no SPCS Certified Applicator's License, et al. Raymond has NADA. NO NADA. Or in his local vernacular - REIN.

    And, surprise, surprise, Raymond Wand does not have his name listed as a NAHI CRI. He does however have a membership with ASHI, but does it predate the EBPHI? Did he pass the test? Can he? I wonder. Even so, that's membership and not a credential, right?

    Raymond lives in tiny Caledon, Ontario, population about 60,000. About the size of my subdivision in Garland, TX. Looks like from his website that most of his "credentials" are politically-motivated-attaboys and a listing of courses he's taken. I don't want to pay for the extra bandwidth it would consume to list the 800-900 courses I have taken over the past 32 years. Costs too much. Can't do the political thing because, to me, diplomat is something one wipes his feet on right before the real discussion begin.

    I may dribble out more meaningful and verifiable credentials into my water closet each morning before my first coffee than you have.

    But hey, what's a few credentials among friends? Right Raymond?

    Drop it, you don't wanna go there with me. Water's too deep and you might slip and split your lip.

    Remember, you shot across my bow, begging this minor volley.

    Aaron


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Aaron

    Don't let your ego and bull get the better of you its not becoming! Bragging seem to be your calling card, but considering you reside in Texas where everything is larger its not surprising!

    Like I said you CMI is pretty much meaningless considering that I know two Canadians who were given their CMI, free, with no questions asked, no police checks either.


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Luce View Post
    I look at this like a restaurant. If you don't like the atmosphere or service, don't go back. If they don't want you in their restaurant anymore, fine, their loss. If somebody ask about that restaurant, tell them what you think. But to announce how bad that restaurant is to everyone is taking it a little to far.

    It's like somebody complaining about McDonald's not serving enough healthy food. Nobody is forcing anyone to go to McDonald's.
    Kevin, one flaw with your example, they are called restaurant critics and are paid to do so and most always have a large readership of culinary types, who quite frankly have never probably step foot in McDonalds. But then again I am a meat and potatoes sort of guy!

    Does Nachi have a drive through?


  17. #17
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Aaron

    Don't let your ego and bull get the better of you its not becoming! Bragging seem to be your calling card, but considering you reside in Texas where everything is larger its not surprising!

    Like I said you CMI is pretty much meaningless considering that I know two Canadians who were given their CMI, free, with no questions asked, no police checks either.
    Raymond: Granted, the CMI is nothing other than a marketing tool. I never said otherwise, now did I? But, it is a tool and it is effective, when used in conjunction with and supported upon a base of real credentials.

    Bragging? Why not? If you don't blow your own horn no one else will. Flaunt it, if you've go it. Though I would not have said a word had you not invited it. Here in my neck of the woods it's not called bragging, but advertising.

    In Texas, which is actually a little smaller than Ontario even if you subtract all that water you have up there, the BS is very deep, but not any deeper than the merde where you live. Smells the same in any event. You often get deep enough in in that you leave tracks, my friend.

    Hypocrisy? Sure. Who doesn't drink at that well occasionally?

    Are we all done now squabbling? Or should we go another round or two? Up to you . . .

    Aaron


  18. #18
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Luce View Post
    I look at this like a restaurant. If you don't like the atmosphere or service, don't go back. If they don't want you in their restaurant anymore, fine, their loss. If somebody ask about that restaurant, tell them what you think. But to announce how bad that restaurant is to everyone is taking it a little to far.

    It's like somebody complaining about McDonald's not serving enough healthy food. Nobody is forcing anyone to go to McDonald's.
    Kevin:

    Agreed.

    Aaron


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Aaron,

    I only questioned your CMI because of your post. I did not call into question your other qualifications. However considering what I know about CMI and how its administered and that there are those in Canada who have been given their CMI, it negates anything meaningful. But like many things in life, just because one has the titles doesn't mean much as I have no comparision to compare your work to that of others who have the same qualifications. Your qualifications and my qualifications are so far apart its really irrelevant.


    Thanks for the dance, but next time try not to lead.


  20. #20
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    I have taken to many courses/tests to try to remember.
    Personally for my sake I did not see any difference in MOST any of the couses or tests I took whether they were in class, home study with proctored testing or simply a test on line.

    Some courses I may not have been as comfortably with as others I would only take a class, not a home study.

    As far as the final test it would not matter to me if I took it on line, ina class room or a proctored test. Most electrical or anyother tests that I have taken over the years were all pretty much the same. I have taken open book test, no big deal. Personally open book test were helpful to the point for particular wording. If the proper words for an answer were flipped around three ways they can all mean something different in total. What is the difference when an electrician that does know the code pauses for a second, second guessing himself and turns to his boss or co worker for clarification.

    I did belong to ASHI for a year or 2 and then NACHI. Quite honestly it was not for the association. It was more for "do you belong to an association" question or maybe better hits on my website. As Aaron and others have said NACHI has some very good readily available online info and or courses. Personally I have never taken any NACHI courses for CE.

    As far as one person having more certifications than the other I do respect that. For anyone to take all that time and effort you just have to respect that. As far as it making any person a better anything, well, maybe. It depends on the individual. I have seen a tremendous amount of book smart folks that could not use that knowledge in real life to save their soul.

    Back to the Associations one belongs to. So what. If nothing else they are keeping somewhat intuned to the inspection industry. Taking a test on line, proctored or in a class, so what. The vast majority of folks are deep down inside honest. Do you have one in a thousand folks that take these online tests have someone sitting there giving them the answers, maybe. Are they flipping thru their book, maybe. At least they are finding the proper answer and it will stick with them. They probably had the answer somewhere hidden in a brain cell somewhere anywhere but needed to pull it out. Take the test to become a bui;lder in some states. Its all open book and you can tab your books for quick find. There are courses on just tabbing the books to find the answers easier for the test. Exam prep classes the day before a test. This is nothing more than waking up those brain cells and logging in a vast amount of knowledge so it is fresh in your mind the next day.

    No one knows all the answers. No one can be expected to know all the answers whether it be electric, plumbing etc.

    Nick or the head of any Association is out for themselves for one reason or another. Some its just a cash flow. Shoot. Most preachers I met were in it, oh well, I won't go there. Thats might be blasphemous. They talk of tithing over and over and over every Sunday and some on Wednesday. This is to help out the church and its members and also ther own livelihood. The more the church makes the better they live.

    Another Saturday morning ramble.


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Hi Ted,

    Can't say I disagree with your very valid comments. I too am at that point where association membership is pretty much meaningless. At some point your experience and reputation carry you forward and beyond that of any association. I have found that advertising has done very little to promote my biz, but then again I don't solicit realtors, nor advertise. My work is solely by referral by building my networks of contacts and community involvement.

    Cheers,


  22. #22
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Aaron,

    I only questioned your CMI because of your post. I did not call into question your other qualifications. However considering what I know about CMI and how its administered and that there are those in Canada who have been given their CMI, it negates anything meaningful. But like many things in life, just because one has the titles doesn't mean much as I have no comparison to compare your work to that of others who have the same qualifications. Your qualifications and my qualifications are so far apart its really irrelevant.


    Thanks for the dance, but next time try not to lead.
    Raymond: I also am not a firm believer in titular superiority per se. However, titles haphazardly bestowed and certifications earned are two entirely different things. If the earned certifications come replete with titles, then so be it.

    Professional credentialing is a distinguished pursuit among those aspiring to demonstrate their capabilities. In addition to being able to demonstrate knowledge in a given area of any endeavor such as code enforcement, et al. in the instance of home inspectors, certification provides the evidence for an individual to be respected and considered professionals by their peers.

    These same credentials allow prospective clients to juxtapose your abilities with those of your competitors by using your earned credentials as a benchmark. One simply cannot legitimize life experience in the eyes of the home buying public. They do not have the time to come to Ontario and hear your life story. They need a readily accessible means by which to judge your competence and integrity in order to make an informed decision in their choice of an inspector.

    Additionally, with the proper certifications once can minimize the second guessing which often occurs by sellers, buyers, real estate agents, builders, building officials, appraisers, repair contractors, etc. This saves lots of phone time explaining to others why you wrote this or that in a report.

    And did I mention that, through the earning of these credentials, you put yourself in a position to learn more about your profession?

    In any profession one's peers are those who are at equal standing, not those who are aspiring to be. So then, it does not surprise me that you would not respect the accomplishments of someone with credentials, or titles that you do not possess. Perhaps some day you will.


    Aaron


  23. #23
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Mr Aaron

    While I agree with just about everything you said I must add the the one comment

    "In any profession one's peers are those who are at equal standing, not those who are aspiring to be."

    This just does not rub most the right way. You are in fact saying that there are only a tiny amount of home inspectors That are equal to you and the rest are underlings. Not a good way to come across to your fellow inspectors. In fact it is down right demeaning to most. While I do have great respect for the efforts of some to go the extra yard or whether I have in some cases in life. I have never looked down upon another individual in my profession at the time. Your peers are your fellow inspectors. Just because of your edumication, course taking or testing it does not put them beneath you. I would venture to guess that there are are a vast amount of individuals out there without all those credentials behind them that are fantastic home inspectors and one could not tell the difference between their inspection and yours. Home inspection is not brain surgery. The vast amount of homes out there are not going to disintegrate tomorrow because Aaron did not do the inspection.

    Again, I agree with most of what you say, just not the belittling of others because of "your standing and credentials". They are not the door mats to wipe your benevolent feet on. They are home inspectors doing their best to make a living in life to support their families and themselves. As far as their possible years of related experience in the contracting/construction field. It holds a lot of weight.

    One does not need a PHD in home inspection to perform their task at hand well.


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Aaron

    You can have all the titles you wish for, but the fact remains, it means little to the public until you actually perform the work and they can see and experience your work; that is the litmus test.

    I have respect for titles, please do not put words in my mouth. The fact is the title(s) is meaningless if it is established that it is not defendable from a legal POV. In the end it is not your peers who you need to impress, but the trier of fact. Someday maybe I too will appreciate your titles as much as you appreciate them.


  25. #25
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Mr Aaron

    While I agree with just about everything you said I must add the the one comment

    "In any profession one's peers are those who are at equal standing, not those who are aspiring to be."

    This just does not rub most the right way. You are in fact saying that there are only a tiny amount of home inspectors That are equal to you and the rest are underlings. Not a good way to come across to your fellow inspectors. In fact it is down right demeaning to most. While I do have great respect for the efforts of some to go the extra yard or whether I have in some cases in life. I have never looked down upon another individual in my profession at the time. Your peers are your fellow inspectors. Just because of your edumication, course taking or testing it does not put them beneath you. I would venture to guess that there are are a vast amount of individuals out there without all those credentials behind them that are fantastic home inspectors and one could not tell the difference between their inspection and yours. Home inspection is not brain surgery. The vast amount of homes out there are not going to disintegrate tomorrow because Aaron did not do the inspection.

    Again, I agree with most of what you say, just not the belittling of others because of "your standing and credentials". They are not the door mats to wipe your benevolent feet on. They are home inspectors doing their best to make a living in life to support their families and themselves. As far as their possible years of related experience in the contracting/construction field. It holds a lot of weight.

    One does not need a PHD in home inspection to perform their task at hand well.
    Ted: Actually, that is not my definition of peer, but that of Webster's Third International Dictionary in their first and preferred entry: "One that is of the same or equal standing with another".

    If you believe that anyone who has ever looked for problems in a house for a fee is equal to all others who have performed that same action, then I guess you would consider all inspectors peers. I would not.

    Would you consider the latest TREC robo-inspector licensee in Texas to be on an equal footing with someone like let's say Jerry Peck? I think not. I hope not.

    If you take the term "peer" to mean fellow citizen as in a jury of your peers, the I guess anyone taking up space is as good an inspector as you are, right?

    If you think this an elitist stance, so be it. Maybe you're a Republican. One of those who thinks that any schmuck that looks and sounds a little like you should be president, like George Bush, John McCain or Caribou Barbie.

    I, for one, want to see a horse's track record before I bet on him.

    Do I think any one person is innately superior to another? No, not metaphysically speaking. Do I think some have greater skill sets than others? You bet they do.

    Aaron


  26. #26
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Aaron

    You can have all the titles you wish for, but the fact remains, it means little to the public until you actually perform the work and they can see and experience your work; that is the litmus test.

    I have respect for titles, please do not put words in my mouth. The fact is the title(s) is meaningless if it is established that it is not defendable from a legal POV. In the end it is not your peers who you need to impress, but the trier of fact. Someday maybe I too will appreciate your titles as much as you appreciate them.
    Raymond: That "litmus test" will never occur if you do not get invited to the experiment. Those invitations usually, in my experience, come only on the tails of proof of ability.

    Since you will never be a client of mine, I could not possibly care less about what may or may not impress you or anyone else on this board. If you were working in my area you would already know this to be a fact.

    Aaron


  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Aaron

    Don't fret I have been called to the lab more than once since 1991. Although unlike you I do not call the bathroom the lab.

    As to being a client of yours; rest assured I would not hire someone of your calibre for you see; your reputation is but self aggrandizement. Who needs to hear from a Gorilla who is constantly thumping his own chest. Not me for sure!


  28. #28
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Aaron

    Don't fret I have been called to the lab more than once since 1991. Although unlike you I do not call the bathroom the lab.

    As to being a client of yours; rest assured I would not hire someone of your calibre for you see; your reputation is but self aggrandizement. Who needs to hear from a Gorilla who is constantly thumping his own chest. Not me for sure!
    Thump this . . .


  29. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Now that is really an intelligent reply. Not surprised at all. Hope you can get your swollen head through the door!


  30. #30
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Now that is really an intelligent reply. Not surprised at all. Hope you can get your swollen head through the door!
    Credentials open doors.


  31. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Wow that is deep and profound! I have yet to see any evidence of your credentials opening doors, however it does appear that your credentials have opened your mouth to opine on your greatness!


  32. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    3,177

    Default Is that your FINAL thought?

    You'd think a thread titled "My final thought about iNTERnACHi" would be short. The guy provides his final thought, everyone says "OK, then, thanks!", and that would be the end of it.
    Sadly...

    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

  33. #33
    A.D. Miller's Avatar
    A.D. Miller Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Wow that is deep and profound! I have yet to see any evidence of your credentials opening doors, however it does appear that your credentials have opened your mouth to opine on your greatness!
    I note that you do not have an avatar. Might I suggest this one? Please do respond and we'll leave it that. I'm sure that having the last word for you is a comfort.

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

  34. #34
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by A.D. Miller View Post
    Ted: Actually, that is not my definition of peer, but that of Webster's Third International Dictionary in their first and preferred entry: "One that is of the same or equal standing with another".

    If you believe that anyone who has ever looked for problems in a house for a fee is equal to all others who have performed that same action, then I guess you would consider all inspectors peers. I would not.

    Would you consider the latest TREC robo-inspector licensee in Texas to be on an equal footing with someone like let's say Jerry Peck? I think not. I hope not.

    If you take the term "peer" to mean fellow citizen as in a jury of your peers, the I guess anyone taking up space is as good an inspector as you are, right?

    If you think this an elitist stance, so be it. Maybe you're a Republican. One of those who thinks that any schmuck that looks and sounds a little like you should be president, like George Bush, John McCain or Caribou Barbie.

    I, for one, want to see a horse's track record before I bet on him.

    Do I think any one person is innately superior to another? No, not metaphysically speaking. Do I think some have greater skill sets than others? You bet they do.

    Aaron
    Did I say all inspectors. I guess I did in a sense. I obviously did not mean to say all inspectors. There are some inspectors that care for nothing more than a pay check and are worthless in the inspection field. I did say Home Inspection is not brain surgery. I did say that the vast amount of inspections look pretty much the same and most inspectors find most of the same items.

    I also said that past experience does in fact hold great weight. It does, plane and simple. I did in fact say that I agree with most of what you said. I did in fact say I respect your credentials. I did in fact say that I can tell you for a fact that standing in a crowd and yelling "I am better than all of you" will mostly have people turning in the other direction and saying "he might be right to and extent, but what a putz". Wanting to be part of a group of fellow inspectors, as you seem to want to be, will only cause separation from that group with your "elitist" remarks.

    As far as a Republican or Democrat it is all in the individual. You seem to bundle all democrats or all republicans in their respective boats. For one who makes remarks as youself one would think you are a republican. But of course all political thinkers in one boat or the other are seriously full of themselves such as you appear to be. They can not think outside the perimeter of their boat. Everything they say and do is right and everyone that does not think the same as them are wrong with no real outlook on the fact that a world cannot be run that way. You for one like to value ones worth on his accomplishments. The most respect you will ever get from anyone is to be in a crowd and be able to communicate to everyone in that crowd and not drive the crowd away. Being a hero all by yourself sucks. Being a hero and not looking for prase because you love helping your fellow man will get you more respect than your heroic deeds.

    You sound like one of those folks that one they find something wrong in a home that you expect the electrician, foundation man or whom ever to just follow behid you and take your word for everything and do and fix everything to your exacting specifications with out their own evaluation or question. You are a home inspector. Maybe a home inspector with pretty decent certifications but none the less a home inspector. You are not the end all. If you want to have the final say on whether a home passes your inspection or not then I suggest you become a municipal inspector for, lets say, Garland. Then you will have the upper hand and the respective tradesman will have to follow your absolute rule or you just don't sign off on it.

    Respect is not something that can be demanded. One must earn it in his deeds. A husband cannot express to his wife that you will respect me because I am your husband. Respect must be earned.

    If one is looking for respect because of their certifications but does not care if one actually respects him, go on with those remarks.

    You know. The only thing you ever have to teach a child is respect for themself. Everything else follows behind. The respect for others comes naturally.

    Gees, now I am doing a Saturday afternoon ramble.

    Wow. Did I really ramble on with all that bull??


  35. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Aaron

    I don't need no stinking avatar. Your BS meter is all I need to see as it always seems to be stuck in the red zone indicating that you too are stuck in the BS mode. Try changing batteries or closing the whole beneath your nose to give your over exhausted tongue a rest.

    Now its your turn to have the last word.


  36. #36
    Kevin Luce's Avatar
    Kevin Luce Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Kevin, one flaw with your example, they are called restaurant critics and are paid to do so and most always have a large readership of culinary types, who quite frankly have never probably step foot in McDonalds. But then again I am a meat and potatoes sort of guy!

    Does Nachi have a drive through?
    Restaurant critics. I bet many of them can't believe the amount of people that eat at McDonald's.


  37. #37
    John Watson's Avatar
    John Watson Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    I'm so glad I'm not a member of nachi,ashi,ahi blah blah blah. I've stated on this message board that the inspectors here are nothing more than a bunch of elitist golden girl hags who have nothing better to do than crap on anyone who's opinion is outside that of their comformist union's. Don't park your Jap car in our lot mentality.

    We crtiticize the real estate agent for their arrogant behaviors, and here you are. I get emailed notices everytime a topic on this board comes up, but it's usually the same. It's great if you think you are the best cape wearing inspector in your area, but as for me and probably the more succesfull firms around, it's a business first. Money doesn't care about your credentials, it cares about sales.

    As for new inspectors reading these threads, quit, learn from your own mistakes and join the "mind your own business club". Associate yourself with like minded positive people.


  38. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    3,177

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    ...I get emailed notices everytime a topic on this board comes up, but it's usually the same. It's great if you think you are the best cape wearing inspector in your area...
    1) You'll notice on those emails there's an option to unsubscribe. You might want to try that.

    2) Capes! Great idea! Imagine what my client will think when they drive up to the house and see me on the roof, wearing a cape! Where do you buy a good cape, anyway?

    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Where do you buy a good cape, anyway?
    Cape Town, South Africa.


  40. #40
    Howard Tennyson's Avatar
    Howard Tennyson Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Thank you John Watson..... I totally agree. Inspectors who crow about how great they are and that all organizations other than the one they belong to are bogus seem to have some type of insecurity complex. Makes one wonder what they are so worried about.

    Providing a valuable service to clients is the bottom line. Maybe instead of worrying about Nick Gromicko's future they should be studying up on new construction techniques or systems. Old head inspectors must always remember...."Experience leads to complacency."


  41. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Ahhh heck.. Some tend take a few things too serious.
    It never hurts to read a little humor after a long day inspecting.


  42. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Ya ever wondered why these sorta threads end up having the most hits? I think there are a lot of closet readers! 530 hits and growing!


  43. #43
    John Watson's Avatar
    John Watson Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Dan,

    After a long day of inspecting? Every Day? Way to go!


  44. #44
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Nachi and Service Magic get married for inspection referrals. Hmmm

    I am already with Service Magic and have been thinking of cancelling do to so few and poor leads.


  45. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    I thought Service Magic was connected with Amerispec? Or am I thinking of Service Master?


  46. #46
    Joseph P. Hagarty's Avatar
    Joseph P. Hagarty Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Amerispec is part of ServiceMaster


  47. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Treasure Coast
    Posts
    240

    Default Re: Is that your FINAL thought?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    You'd think a thread titled "My final thought about iNTERnACHi" would be short. The guy provides his final thought, everyone says "OK, then, thanks!", and that would be the end of it.
    Sadly...
    John,
    That's pretty funny right there!

    Eric Van De Ven Magnum Inspections Inc. (772) 214-9929
    www.magnuminspections.com
    I still get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about!

  48. #48
    Matt Hawley's Avatar
    Matt Hawley Guest

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    NACHI is a great association in my opinion. Any home inspection association that promotes education and has an active message board is good. Learn as much as you can and donít worry about the politics or what goes on behind the scenes. All home inspector association are good and have much to offer.

    Association bashing is a big waste of time. Find one you like and learn as much as you can from it. This message board has a wealth of great information and many great inspectors willing to help one another.


  49. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: My final thought about NACHI

    Unfortunately its the politics which make or break an association. As you can see Nachi has no bylaws, no policies, no proper disciplinary process. There in lies the problem - what good is an association that is not a democratically run? Its an autocratically run association where duplicity in distortion of ethics takes a back seat to special interests and vendors.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •