Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 66 to 130 of 174
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    613

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thomas View Post
    Thom, what you don't seem to realize is that Burkeson and Bushart (who is so ashamed of himself that he now uses the name Hemplestern) have no facts on which to base their assertions. They are simply NACHI shills.

    And pretty sorry ones at that.

    RT
    Thanks for your response, Rob.

    I'm pretty sure that everyone understands that there is no way of "winning" this argument with either guy. I do realize who they are and I understand that both are capable only of inductive reasoning. It's the only thing that allows them to hold onto their opinions. Ex: There were bad inspectors before licensing, there are bad inspectors after licensing. Conclusion, licensing is ineffective. Ex: There were fewer inspectors before licensing. Conclusion, licensing increases the number of inspectors.
    I thought I'd pitch in a question that couldn't be supported by inductive reasoning because there is no anecdotal incident to support their conclusion. Not surprisingly, I did not get an answer.
    Anyway, the link has deteriorated sufficiently that I'm out of here.
    As I know at least one really good Inspector who is also a NACHI member, I'll decline painting that group with such a wide brush.

    Elite MGA Home Inspector E&O Insurance
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    - Paul Fix

  2. #67
    Bob White's Avatar
    Bob White Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Back to the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    This has gone under the radar. Georgia General Assembly - SB 334

    Does anyone have any information about this legislation? On the surface it looks like a fairly good bill.
    The bill was written/sponsored by a state senator from Gwinnett County (no other sponsors)....

    It was read and assigned to the appropriate committee on April 19.

    It has to go through the committee process, a senate debate, vote, then to the house for debate, re-drafting, debate, vote, then to another committee for final changes etcetera, etcetera, etcetera......


    The bill is so young, it has sparked virtually no interest yet in Georgia (in contrast to the 'spirited' discussion here).

    It is, I think, the second try for some sort of regulation of HI's here in GA. The first bill died a few years ago ( I believe it was sort of a companion to the General Contractor licensing bill that was passed a few years ago).

    Is it a 'good' bill? I don't know. Good or bad, I think it is certainly not worth the venom displayed in this forum.



    I take myself seriously from time to time, then I remember how small I am.


  3. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Capistrano Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,420

    Exclamation Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Since I have received several e-mails from members asking me to watch this thread I will post the InspectionNews Rules/Agreement below.

    Bob, thank you for getting the thread back on topic.

    Just a reminder that everyone registered on InspectionNews has agreed to abide by the rules of InspectionNews as stated in the InspectionNews registration agreement.

    For reference the agreement is posted below.

    ===============

    Forum Rules


    *** InspectionNews Message Board Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers. ***

    Becoming a member of InspectionNews entitles you to a subscription of the InspectionNews Digest and other outstanding offers.

    By accessing the InspectionNews Message Board and retrieving your password, you are stating that you agree to abide by the following Message Board Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers:

    Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

    The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews or any entity associated with Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews immediately by e-mail. Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews has the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews determines that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. In addition, repeat offenders can and will be banned from the board.

    The goal of Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews is to have peaceful, educational and informative discussions related to the inspection business. Please discuss the topics and do not get into personality conflicts and/or arguments.

    You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Message Board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews. Furthermore, you acknowledge that by being a registered member of this message board you will accept an e-mail digest twice a week.

    Please note that unsolicited advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitations are STRICTLY forbidden. If you would like to take advantage of an excellent opportunity to promote your services/products in front of the inspector members, please contact us.

    Although Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews does not and cannot review all the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Hann Tech Marketing Links / InspectionNews and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Messages that may be edited or deleted include any message that violates any part of this agreement and/or any message that does not relate to or follow the original topic of the thread it is posted in.

    If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' check box and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

    ==============

    If you no longer agree with the rules please contact the board administrator and your membership will be deleted.


    See InspectionNews' Secret To Getting More Inspections

    -----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

  4. #69
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Brian,

    If you are willing to allow Burkeson free rein to spew his obnoxious comments to anyone and everyone who is good enough to acknowledge him, you shouldnít be surprised when the conversation deteriorates. On top of that, you have Bushart/ Hempelstern calling your participants ďhooligansĒ on the toxic wasteland that is the NACHI board, and then using your service to spread his all-consuming fear of licensing. Donít blame me when I expose these thugs for who and what they are.

    You didnít ask for my advice, but it would be to add to the quality of your message board by subtraction.

    RT


    Burkeson asked: Does licensing solve anything?

    And to Pattersonís response he wrote: Blah,blah,blah. I've heard it all before, nothing to back it up but wishful thinking on your part, please get some new material would you? Answer me this how is ASHI going to fix the screw-up in New York?

    Licensing is about as useful as tits on a bull and you know it.

    To Feldmann from Burkeson: I always thought you were a two-faced charlatan, thanks for proving me right. Your confession that you expect licensing and all that goes with it will reduce your competition warms my heart and drives home the point that licensing solves nothing. I suggest that you work on improving your skill set instead of attempting to hide behind bad licensing laws to keep you in business.

    Then this to Feldmann: You call yourself loyal ASHI brother but it appears to me that all you want to do is put people out of work, you should be ashamed of yourself. Tell me what have you done for your community or association lately? I have a laundry list of items with many hours devoted to local ASHI training, ask anyone, then bug off.

    He continued his downward spiral with this: Blow me!

    And completed it by calling anyone who disagrees with him a Nazi: I say keep the BS coming, this thread shows the weakness of the licensing Nazis in all their glory, the best they could do is attack the messenger. This thread and the attacks I have received here changes nothing. Licensing is still the worst way to attempt to control your competition or your market share and in the end we will begin to see these bad laws repealed.



  5. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,332

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Joe,
    I've yet to see your laundry list (of your vast involvement in ASHI training).
    JF

    Rob,
    I think if Brian were to ban some of these folks, they would find a way to re-enter under an assumed name, and start spreading their vitriolic rhetoric once again.
    Jack


  6. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,829

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Joe,
    I've yet to see your laundry list (of your vast involvement in ASHI training).
    JF

    Rob,
    I think if Brian were to ban some of these folks, they would find a way to re-enter under an assumed name, and start spreading their vitriolic rhetoric once again.
    Jack
    Now if you have a problem with a particular person(s) you can add them to your ignore list. This is a new feature that the board has.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  7. #72
    Harvey Hempelstern's Avatar
    Harvey Hempelstern Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Ignore the people you choose to, but the facts do not change.

    Licensing solves nothing.


  8. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    25,313

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hempelstern View Post
    Licensing solves nothing.
    Doing nothing solves nothing.

    Doing ANYTHING ELSE is an attempt to solve it.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  9. #74
    Harvey Hempelstern's Avatar
    Harvey Hempelstern Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    One of the funniest stories collected among the many failures of the licensing effort comes from New Jersey where a state senator got a bad inspection (says it cost him $100,000) and went to work on making a law...initially, one of the toughest in the country. Once it was passed, the very first license was issued to the guy who inspected his house. Seems that the grandfathering clause saved his bacon.

    Then there was the inspector in Massachusetts credited for the media push for licensing in that state. Multi-inspector firm that had a string of lawsuits a mile long. Licensing becomes law and....guess who gets a seat on the state licensing board. LOL

    It's great.....and all goes to prove....licensing solves nothing.


  10. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,332

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Harv,
    As I said before..In TN licensing did provide that all licensed HI's will have E&O insurance. THAT solved something.

    In TN licensing provided that all inspectors would have passed the NHIE. THAT solved something.

    Now, it may not have solved whatever is on your agenda, but it did, at the very least, make all inspectors meet those two criteria. Now if Joe Public is any safer because of that - I don't know. But it DID solve those two concerns. Those two concerns were the highest on the list of requirements that the Realtors and Builders wanted.

    As a home inspector that fought licensing for almost a decade in TN, those two things were something I could certainly live with. They were not unreasonable requirements.

    As I said before, licensing has not really changed the way I do business at all, except for the fee for the license.

    I guess the big question is what will you (and Joe) do when licensing comes into effect in your state? Will you get a license? Will you quit the business? Will you continue in business and break the law?

    Like it or not, no matter how hard you fight, at some point you might just find yourself in a licensed state. I would like to know what your plans are.
    JF


  11. #76
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Joe,
    I've yet to see your laundry list (of your vast involvement in ASHI training).
    JF
    I never let my left hand know what my right hand is doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Rob,
    I think if Brian were to ban some of these folks, they would find a way to re-enter under an assumed name, and start spreading their vitriolic rhetoric once again.
    Jack
    Not true, we would leave and this place would become a ghost town like the TIJ board... crickets.

    It is only vitriolic rhetoric if your a licensing Nazi, otherwise its is representative patriotic discord.

    Fearlessly,

    Joe Burkeson

    Last edited by Deleted Account; 05-31-2007 at 08:30 PM.

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,332

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    "I never let my left hand know what my right hand is doing."
    So in other words - YOU GOT NOTHING.

    "Not true, we would leave and this place would become a ghost town like the TIJ board... crickets."

    I think many of us would welcome the silence. Why not give it a try?

    "I would rather have some crickets than be infested with lice" - The Bug Man 1967


  13. #78
    Harvey Hempelstern's Avatar
    Harvey Hempelstern Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Joe,

    They start threads on state legislation...and call for the banning of those who oppose it. Bless their hearts.

    Losing this debate should be almost second nature to them, by now.

    Someone posted earlier the "logic" that passing a law requiring the NHIE "solved" the problem of not having the NHIE. They admit that it may have done nothing to improve the quality of home inspections, but they have at least "solved" the problem of not having the NHIE. I'm going to refer to that, often.

    I think we should leave these folks alone for a while. Their frustration over having no argument to defend their illogic is making them a bit testy.


  14. #79
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hempelstern View Post
    I think we should leave these folks alone for a while. Their frustration over having no argument to defend their illogic is making them a bit testy.

    Agreed, but not before I inject a bit of freethought logic of my own.


    We all know the notion that licensing somehow raises the bar is at best just a straw man argument that has never been proven to be true. The reality is that legislators set the bar so low that those who would have never thought to have become home inspectors are found filling up classrooms and taking exams just to enter our profession.

    Plain old unfettered American capitalism does a much better job of ridding our profession of undesirables then any law has up to this date. This profession is still mostly a referral business and regardless whether your referrals come by word of mouth or through other sources such as Realtors the truth is... incompetent and unskilled home inspectors do not last for very long in our profession. Capitalism has time & time again just proven itself to be a better defender of the public than legislation in regards to eliminating inexperienced, uneducated and non-skilled inspectors from the general pool of home inspectors.

    Last edited by Deleted Account; 06-01-2007 at 06:41 AM.

  15. #80
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    According to Godwin's Law, which I'm sure he will need to research at Wiki, Burkeson loses again.

    He should certainly be used to it by now.

    RT


    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post


    It is only vitriolic rhetoric if your a licensing Nazi, otherwise its is representative patriotic discord.

    Fearlessly,

    Joe Burkeson



  16. #81
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Bushart is so mentally challenged that he doesn't know the difference between opinion and fact. But then, what should be expected from someone who is too ashamed to use his own name when he posts here.

    I say, if you have an argument that supports your position, Bushart, make it. Maybe you will convince someone (and maybe pigs will fly).

    You won't, because you can't. You lost any credibility you had when you attempted to deceive the good people here by posting under an assumed name.

    RT




    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hempelstern View Post
    Ignore the people you choose to, but the facts do not change.

    Licensing solves nothing.



  17. #82
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thomas View Post
    According to Godwin's Law, which I'm sure he will need to research at Wiki, Burkeson loses again.

    He should certainly be used to it by now.

    RT


    I have nothing to lose should licensing become a reality I will simply become licensed, end of story. You are the big loser here, because it is you who has pinned your future on licensing to "raise the bar" and limit your competition, a marketing plan doomed to failure.

    My guess is that you we won't be able to carry on this conversation a year from now as you will have gone back to flippin' burgers or some other menial task due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business plan. Tough to milk a cow or the public for that matter when sitting on a two-legged stool, time will tell.


  18. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,332

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    "We all know the notion that licensing somehow raises the bar is at best just a straw man argument that has never been proven to be true."

    WOW! Is that not the pot calling the kettle black?

    I believe I have proven it to be true. HI's in TN were not required to have insurance prior to 7/1/06. They were not required to have passed ANY exam prior to 7/1/06.

    Since these two requirements were part of the licensing bill, I submit that (even if you don't think the NHIE is a valid test ) the bar WAS RAISED.

    I don't believe these two requirements are such a hardship that it really restricts someone from entering the profession.

    "...due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business plan." I don't believe ANYONE here has posted that they put licensing as any part of their business plan, much less a primary support pillar. I know I HAVEN'T! IN fact, licensing isn't even mentioned in my business plan.

    "Tell me what have you done for your community or association lately? I have a laundry list of items with many hours devoted to local ASHI training, ask anyone, then bug off." Well Joe, I did tell you what I have done for my community and ASHI lately - I've yet to see your "laundry list". I did ask some FL people and got NOTHING with regards to your "many hours".

    Since you did not respond, I have to assume you are woefully short with your list. You and harv will be missed.
    JF


  19. #84
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Since you did not respond, I have to assume you are woefully short with your list. You and harv will be missed.
    JF



    Asked & answered. The only way you are going to miss me is if you move away. Jack, I came to play and I'm here to stay, get friggin' used to it already.

    Licensing is a pox upon our profession and I will continue to pick at the scab whenever possible.

    Fearlessly,

    Joe Burkeson

    Last edited by Deleted Account; 06-01-2007 at 06:59 PM.

  20. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,332

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Sorry, I misunderstood I guess. When you said "Not true, we would leave and this place would become a ghost town like the TIJ board... crickets." I just assumed you were planning on taking off, to leave the rest of us listening to the crickets. My mistake.

    Not sure I understand your "asked and answered" comment. You implied that you had a laundry list of your vast accomplishments.

    I guess I have to assume you are either a liar or fraud, or possibly both, since you have not come forth with your list.

    If you want to be known as a scab picker, so be it.
    JF


  21. #86
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood I guess. When you said "Not true, we would leave and this place would become a ghost town like the TIJ board... crickets." I just assumed you were planning on taking off, to leave the rest of us listening to the crickets. My mistake.

    Not sure I understand your "asked and answered" comment. You implied that you had a laundry list of your vast accomplishments.

    I guess I have to assume you are either a liar or fraud, or possibly both, since you have not come forth with your list.

    If you want to be known as a scab picker, so be it.
    JF

    I said I never let my left hand know what my right hand is doing, furthermore I don't owe you anything not a laundry list, not even a how do you do, you are just attempting to pick a fight over losing any argument in regards to home inspector licensing. I never lie, there is never any need.

    You & yours are simply pissed off that all your efforts to advance your restrictive home inspector licensing agenda has been an abject failure. But what really makes your head spin is knowing that the all efforts of a organized licensing coalition that has spent thousands of dollars and expended hundreds of man hours pushing legislation like a crack-whore can have their whole house of cards come tumbling down around their asses with very little effort from the opposition.

    What irks you and causes you to lose sleep is the fact it is so much easier to prevent a bill from passing into law then to get one passed, I laugh at your feeble and weak forays into state politics thinking you have crossed all your t's and dotted all of your i's only to see it all be flushed down the toilet year after year. It is you who are the fraud & liar, sadly it is yourself who you have been lying to all these years, nobody else really cares.

    Licensing is a pox upon our profession and I will continue to pick at the scab whenever possible.

    JB


  22. #87
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    I have nothing to lose should licensing become a reality I will simply become licensed, end of story. You are the big loser here, because it is you who has pinned your future on licensing to "raise the bar" and limit your competition, a marketing plan doomed to failure.

    RT: Why do you waste your time writing such foolishness here? You donít know how I earn my living; you donít know how I spend my time; and you obviously have no idea what my position is re: state licensing of home inspectors. Oddly, your vast ignorance hasnít diminished in the least your willingness to publish your opinions, all of which are based on nothing.

    My guess is that you we won't be able to carry on this conversation a year from now as you will have gone back to flippin' burgers or some other menial task due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business plan. Tough to milk a cow or the public for that matter when sitting on a two-legged stool, time will tell.

    RT: I have $10,000 Iím willing to wager that youíre wrong about what Iíll be doing in a year from now. Are you willing to match it? Are you willing to risk a monthís work that you know what youíre writing about?

    You have two choices here. You can wager $10,000 on your prediction, which by the way is based on an incorrect premise; or you can show everyone how fearful you really are to back up the foolishness you post here.

    I say you donít have a clue what youíre writing about. Prove me wrong and take 10,000 of my dollars for your trouble.

    If you accept my challenge, we will both send cashierís checks for $10,000 to someone on this board who we both trust. Next June 1st, this person will cash the checks and issue another cashierís check for $18,000 to the winner, and keep $2000 for his trouble.

    If you donít have the money to risk on your prediction, Iím sure one of your supporters here will lend it to you.

    I have the money, and Iím about to double it.

    RT


  23. #88
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thomas View Post
    I have nothing to lose should licensing become a reality I will simply become licensed, end of story. You are the big loser here, because it is you who has pinned your future on licensing to "raise the bar" and limit your competition, a marketing plan doomed to failure.

    RT: Why do you waste your time writing such foolishness here? You don’t know how I earn my living; you don’t know how I spend my time; and you obviously have no idea what my position is re: state licensing of home inspectors. Oddly, your vast ignorance hasn’t diminished in the least your willingness to publish your opinions, all of which are based on nothing.

    My guess is that you we won't be able to carry on this conversation a year from now as you will have gone back to flippin' burgers or some other menial task due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business plan. Tough to milk a cow or the public for that matter when sitting on a two-legged stool, time will tell.

    RT: I have $10,000 I’m willing to wager that you’re wrong about what I’ll be doing in a year from now. Are you willing to match it? Are you willing to risk a month’s work that you know what you’re writing about?

    You have two choices here. You can wager $10,000 on your prediction, which by the way is based on an incorrect premise; or you can show everyone how fearful you really are to back up the foolishness you post here.

    I say you don’t have a clue what you’re writing about. Prove me wrong and take 10,000 of my dollars for your trouble.

    If you accept my challenge, we will both send cashier’s checks for $10,000 to someone on this board who we both trust. Next June 1st, this person will cash the checks and issue another cashier’s check for $18,000 to the winner, and keep $2000 for his trouble.

    If you don’t have the money to risk on your prediction, I’m sure one of your supporters here will lend it to you.

    I have the money, and I’m about to double it.

    RT
    What a fool, you refuse to discuss the pratfall known as home inspector licensing and instead It appears you are breaking the law in regards to gambling and furthermore attempting to seduce me as your accomplice. I believe the authorities need to be notified of your little scheme, they can decide if the law has been breached and act accordingly.

    Rob, I never discuss my finances publicly, but truth be known I live well, you know couple acres, gated community 3-car garage, pool, no mortgage. My guess is you ain't got two nickles to rub together let alone $10K, checked out your website nchomeinspectors.com, I was nonpulsed. BTW the knock at the door is probably the FED's, smile.

    Licensing is a pox upon our profession and I will continue to pick at the scab whenever possible.

    Last edited by Deleted Account; 06-01-2007 at 11:01 PM.

  24. #89
    Harvey Hempelstern's Avatar
    Harvey Hempelstern Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Joe, are you as amused as I am by the bitterness and venom that is spewed from those who are losing the pro-licensing argument?

    BTW, Bushart sends his regards and we both continue to hope for the best for you guys in Florida. It looks as if your governor might be looking to take the easy way out.


  25. #90
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Point 1: That's the wrong door, wrong guy, wrong website.

    Point 2: I never gamble.

    Point 3: You won't risk your money because you are afraid you're wrong. I'm not risking my money because I know I'm right.

    Point 4: I haven't discussed licensing because I'm not interested in it. I entered this thread asking why Bushart was posting under the guise of Hempelstern.

    Point 5: Everyone here knows who issued the challenge, and everone knows who was afraid of it.

    Point 6: Everyone here now knows Hempelstern is Bushart, who is to afraid to post under his own name.

    Point 7: My only interest here was to pull your strings and watch you and Bushart jump. Thanks for playing along.

    RT


  26. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    25,313

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Joe B.,

    Let me get this straight:

    1) You made a statement about Rob.

    2) Rob is willing to put up $10,000 that you are wrong.

    3) You refused to match it.

    4) Rob called your bluff and you folded.

    That is THE ONLY WAY to read what just went on.

    From this point on, whatever you say has no meaning, no integrity , no practical standing at all the realm of things as honesty and forthrightness goes.

    You need to stand down and, maybe your foolishness will disappear over time, in which case maybe others will start to give you some credibility again (or maybe not), but ...

    ... for now, you have none.

    You just folded and left your integrity on the table, might as well get up now and walk out into the night.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  27. #92
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Joe B.,

    Let me get this straight:

    1) You made a statement about Rob.

    2) Rob is willing to put up $10,000 that you are wrong.

    3) You refused to match it.

    4) Rob called your bluff and you folded.

    That is THE ONLY WAY to read what just went on.

    From this point on, whatever you say has no meaning, no integrity , no practical standing at all the realm of things as honesty and forthrightness goes.

    You need to stand down and, maybe your foolishness will disappear over time, in which case maybe others will start to give you some credibility again (or maybe not), but ...

    ... for now, you have none.

    You just folded and left your integrity on the table, might as well get up now and walk out into the night.

    Jerry,

    It is you who have no credibility here, this ain't your argument you have no dog in this hunt and for your sake walk away before this escalates into something that may cost you even more.

    Rob Thomas is a walking/talking joke, I owe him nothing and that is what he will get, nothing, were he on fire I would not spit on him.

    I am no ones fool, I choose the time and place and games to which I play, no one chooses for me, no one especially a clown like you.

    Hey Bob here is the challenge. Bring your ass and your $20K in cash down to Tampa to the Hard Rock Casino (we will give it to the Casino to hold while we play) and we will play heads-up Texas Hold EM in public, winner take all. It would be a pleasure to take your money and send you back to North Carolina on a greyhound bus. The challenge you offered me is bogus because I can't even prove that you are in business today. You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?” - Clint Eastwood


    P.S. Rob, Before I reserve the table, send me a picture of either your money or a bank statement, you have already seen a picture of my house.



    Fearlessly,

    Joe Burkeson

    Last edited by Deleted Account; 06-02-2007 at 12:26 PM.

  28. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    25,313

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Jerry,

    It is you who have no credibility here, this ain't your argument you have no dog in this hunt and for your sake walk away before this escalates into something that may cost you even more.
    This is Brian's Casino, I'm volunteering as Pit Boss for this table.

    Your bluff was called, you then started counting your money at the table to try to show the others why they should not challenge you.

    You've got to know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em, when to walk away, and when to run, never count you money 'til the dealin's done (something like that - Kenny Rogers)

    You folded and started counting your money, in doing so, you left it all on the table, including your integrity.

    No one wants to play with a ... how do we say this tactfully ... well, it rhymes with 'beat' ...

    The unfortunate thing is that, as a volunteer Pit Boss, I have no authority to grab you by the collar and toss you out the door, Brian, though, is watching from those windows way up there, he does, it's his casino.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  29. #94
    Harvey Hempelstern's Avatar
    Harvey Hempelstern Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Looks like those losing the licensing argument and who also lost their bid to censor you are now baiting you into being banned from their very small club, Joe.

    You would think with all of this unused webspace, there would be room for opinions other than theirs (wink).


  30. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    25,313

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hempelstern View Post
    You would think with all of this unused webspace, there would be room for opinions other than theirs (wink).
    There is, his AND yours.

    Except that Joe is espousing more than opinions about inspections, licensing, etc., he is taking it personal to others. The casino owner says that's now how you play nice together.

    Joe made a boast, he was told to back it up of shut it up, Joe backed down but did not shut it up, he just raised his ranting level.

    Joe lowered the level to a whole new level - like that found on the NAXHI board (from what I remember of it). They seem to like down and dirty fighting, ranting and raving. Boasting about things and then not backing it up.

    Here, we except more from participants than that. We expect the participants to be adults, at least most of the time.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  31. #96
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    There is, his AND yours.

    Except that Joe is espousing more than opinions about inspections, licensing, etc., he is taking it personal to others. The casino owner says that's now how you play nice together.

    Joe made a boast, he was told to back it up of shut it up, Joe backed down but did not shut it up, he just raised his ranting level.

    Joe lowered the level to a whole new level - like that found on the NACHI board (from what I remember of it). They seem to like down and dirty fighting, ranting and raving. Boasting about things and then not backing it up.

    Here, we except more from participants than that. We expect the participants to be adults, at least most of the time.
    Funny, you lose the licensing argument, you are a pit boss who gets no respect from the players, and whats more you are powerless over me, what else can I say?

    You even tried to conjure up Brian's spirit to save you from embarrassment all to no avail. I am now triumphantly (in your face) leaving this thread until Rob either meets my challenge or we get back to the topic of this thread... HI licensing, as you have proven yourself to be painfully unamusing and I am fresh out of insults.

    Fearlessly,

    Joe Burkeson


  32. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    25,313

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    I am now triumphantly (in your face) leaving this thread until Rob either meets my challenge
    Joe,

    (sigh)

    You have no clue do you?

    You are leaving with your tail between your legs as you have not yet said yes to Rob.

    Not agreeing to Rob's deal makes any deal you are offering valueless.

    (sigh)

    Ol' Clueless Joe

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  33. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,829

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    It is apparent that Burkeson & Bushart (Harvey Hump...) know that their diatribe against home inspector licensing is not working outside of the NACHI realm.

    Those that are against licensing do not realize that if they do not become involved in the process and help to write or attempt to have input on licensing legislation, that others will do it for them. Builders, Realtors and Trial Lawyers love to write legislation to govern home inspectors.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  34. #99
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Those that are against licensing do not realize that if they do not become involved in the process and help to write or attempt to have input on licensing legislation, that others will do it for them. Builders, Realtors and Trial Lawyers love to write legislation to govern home inspectors.
    Thanks for bringing this back on topic, it is obvious that Peck now has far too much time on his hands or his meds need adjusting.

    Anyway. Those of who are opposed to licensing are truly cognizant that joining coalitions or discussing how "good licensing" might be implemented is plain and simple compromise and in the end compromise = licensing.

    Once you open Pandora's box to the notion that the "pig" can be dressed up and made acceptable you in the end will accept any friggin' slop that is offered. A perfect example of this is FABI's endorsement of the current licensing proposal, most members will be far worse off if this licensing bill becomes law but that fact did not stop them from endorsing the bill hook, line & sinker. All of FABI's members will be lumped together with the lowest common dominator, the bar will have been lowered and FABI's members will step off the curb and gain equality with everyone else in the gutter. It will most likely lead to the demise of their organization as we know it now. Bravo for licensing.


  35. #100
    Harvey Hempelstern's Avatar
    Harvey Hempelstern Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Those that are against licensing do not realize that if they do not become involved in the process and help to write or attempt to have input on licensing legislation, that others will do it for them. Builders, Realtors and Trial Lawyers love to write legislation to govern home inspectors.
    That scare tactic used to work, Scott, back in the early period when people thought licensing might be a good idea and believed the rhetoric as to how it was inevitable.

    Now, after having seen it fail in so many places ... while efforts to stop licensing is succeeding in almost every state where it is opposed ... that dog just won't hunt, anymore.

    Nice try, though.


  36. #101
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Rob Thomas is a walking/talking joke, I owe him nothing and that is what he will get, nothing, were he on fire I would not spit on him.

    What a spiteful thing to write ... just because I provided you with the opportunity to make a fool of yourself. You offer opinions that have no basis in fact, and you run from them when given the opportunity to back them up and take my money in the bargain.

    I am no ones fool, I choose the time and place and games to which I play, no one chooses for me, no one especially a clown like you.

    Hey Bob here is the challenge. Bring your ass and your $20K in cash down to Tampa to the Hard Rock Casino (we will give it to the Casino to hold while we play) and we will play heads-up Texas Hold EM in public, winner take all.

    Here is Joe at his finest. He reads my earlier post wherein I state:

    Point 2: I never gamble.

    And then he challenges me to gamble on a card game. It doesnít take much courage to challenge someone to an activity in which he has already stated he never participates.

    It would be a pleasure to take your money and send you back to North Carolina on a greyhound bus. The challenge you offered me is bogus because I can't even prove that you are in business today.

    Thatís irrelevant. You didnít opine that I was or wasnít in business today. You predicted:

    My guess is that you we won't be able to carry on this conversation a year from now as you will have gone back to flippin' burgers or some other menial task due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business plan. Tough to milk a cow or the public for that matter when sitting on a two-legged stool, time will tell.

    I offered to risk 10,000 of my dollars that you are wrong (as usual), and that I will not have ďgone back to flippin' burgers or some other menial task due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business planĒ in a year from now. It occurs to me that, if I am not even in business today, your odds of taking my money increase exponentially, because startups in this profession take a long time to build steam.

    My challenge isnít bogus. Itís very real, which is why you are afraid of it.

    You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?Ē - Clint Eastwood

    I never depend on luck.


    P.S. Rob, Before I reserve the table, send me a picture of either your money or a bank statement, you have already seen a picture of my house.

    Actually, youíre wrong again. I didnít waste my time clicking the link you embedded in your previous post. I donít care where or how you live; I only care if you have the guts to put $10,000 where your mouth is. If you need to mortgage your house to raise the $10,000, thatís your business.

    You need to realize that I donít read the private messages you send, I donít look at the photos your post, I am not interested in the prestigious (volunteer) boards you have joined, I donít care if you are poor or rich, and I donít care if you are a success or a failure. I just want to give you the opportunity to pay dearly for the foolishness you post here.

    Attached is a photo of the important part of the May 14, 2007 statement of my personal checking account, proving that when you wrote:

    "My guess is you ain't got two nickles to rub together let alone $10K"

    You were wrong ... again.


    Fearlessly,

    Apparently, Ďfearlesslyí has a different meaning than I had always understood.

    RT

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

  37. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,332

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    You & yours are simply pissed off that all your efforts to advance your restrictive home inspector licensing agenda has been an abject failure. But what really makes your head spin is knowing that the all efforts of a organized licensing coalition that has spent thousands of dollars and expended hundreds of man hours pushing legislation like a crack-whore can have their whole house of cards come tumbling down around their asses with very little effort from the opposition.

    What irks you and causes you to lose sleep is the fact it is so much easier to prevent a bill from passing into law then to get one passed, I laugh at your feeble and weak forays into state politics thinking you have crossed all your t's and dotted all of your i's only to see it all be flushed down the toilet year after year. It is you who are the fraud & liar, sadly it is yourself who you have been lying to all these years, nobody else really cares.

    Joe, I'm not sure where you got your information. Did you miss the part about my part in fighting licensing for over a decade? I have no idea what you are talking about when you say I am part of an organized licensing coalition. I believe it is in fact YOU that has been visiting those crack whores, since I have never been part of any such thing.

    Now if you are talking about ASHI, then yes I am a member, but then you claim to be also, so you must be part of the same coalition.

    From your posts, it is clear to me that you not only have no idea about who I am, how I run my business, how I feel about things, or ANYTHING about licensing in TN or it's history. In fact, from your posts, it is pretty clear that you don't have much in the way of rational thought on any subject. If anyone ever fit the definition of delusional, it is you.

    You and harv are a pair - and deserve each other. You guys can pick each other's scabs. Have fun.


  38. #103
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Well, June has come and gone. Burkeson is one month closer to losing $10,000 (I realize he was afraid to accept my challenge, but a loser is a loser), and in a cool market I inspected more homes in a month than Bushart/Hempelstern has inspected in his whole life.

    Now that there are more sellers than buyers, the buyer can dictate the terms of the contract of purchase, including extending the window of time to have an inspection. Buyers can now wait two weeks or more to get the experienced inspector they want, rather than having to take whoever is available on short notice (always the new, inexperienced "inspectors").

    Licensing is irrelevant. Experience solves everything.

    RT



    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    I have nothing to lose should licensing become a reality I will simply become licensed, end of story. You are the big loser here, because it is you who has pinned your future on licensing to "raise the bar" and limit your competition, a marketing plan doomed to failure.

    My guess is that you we won't be able to carry on this conversation a year from now as you will have gone back to flippin' burgers or some other menial task due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business plan. Tough to milk a cow or the public for that matter when sitting on a two-legged stool, time will tell.



  39. #104
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    You will just have to come to Florida to collect, better eat your friggin Wheaties girly-man.


  40. #105
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    You're wrong again. I don't HAVE to do anything. I have been able to sit right here and illustrate to everyone you have tried to impress on this site that the messages you post aren't worth the time it took to read them.

    Since you can't hold your own in a debate, you (and Bushart) try to demean your opponents in an effort to save face. When your bluff is called, all you can do is hurl insults and make veiled threats.

    After this little exercise, I can't imagine there is anyone here who has any question about the content of your character.

    RT



    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    You will just have to come to Florida to collect, better eat your friggin Wheaties girly-man.



  41. #106
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thomas View Post
    You're wrong again. I don't HAVE to do anything. I have been able to sit right here and illustrate to everyone you have tried to impress on this site that the messages you post aren't worth the time it took to read them.

    Since you can't hold your own in a debate, you (and Bushart) try to demean your opponents in an effort to save face. When your bluff is called, all you can do is hurl insults and make veiled threats.

    After this little exercise, I can't imagine there is anyone here who has any question about the content of your character.

    RT
    The obvious problem with you is jealousy, the fact that people look up up to me for direction has your panties in a knot. As far as debating you, why would I choose to provide a platform for the drivel you preach? Needless to say I don't debate fools like you I pity them.

    Is it true that this is one of the questions out of the North Carolina Home Inspectors Exam?

    Q: A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1 inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many hound dogs will be killed?


  42. #107
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    The obvious problem with you is jealousy, the fact that people look up up to me for direction has your panties in a knot.

    Youíre right. Iím jealous of all clueless, short, balding, middle-aged men with waist sizes that equal their IQs. Of course, as we all know, the only people who look up to you are known collectively as ďthe departedĒ.

    As far as debating you, why would I choose to provide a platform for the drivel you preach?

    I donít know why you do any of the ridiculous things you do, but I do know that I can make you jump any time I want by posting a short message here. Youíre as predictable as the next day of the week.

    Needless to say I don't debate fools like you I pity them.

    And yet you feel compelled to respond every time I post a message. Itís true you donít try to defend your indefensible positions, but you do try mightily to insult your opponents instead in an effort to keep them from hanging around and exposing your inadequacies in an exchange of ideas.

    Is it true that this is one of the questions out of the North Carolina Home Inspectors Exam?

    Q: A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1 inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many hound dogs will be killed?

    True to form, you offer the comment above. I donít know if you are trying to insult me; to insult the entire state of North Carolina; or to provide proof that I have accurately described your lack of character. Given any choice at all, we are left to wonder why anyone would allow you into his home.

    Iíll be back next month with an update of my business volume, since there is so much money riding on your prediction. Taking two weeks off will undoubtedly have an effect, but I expect to still complete more inspections than you.


    RT


  43. #108
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thomas View Post
    The obvious problem with you is jealousy, the fact that people look up up to me for direction has your panties in a knot.

    Youíre right. Iím jealous of all clueless, short, balding, middle-aged men with waist sizes that equal their IQs. Of course, as we all know, the only people who look up to you are known collectively as ďthe departedĒ.

    As far as debating you, why would I choose to provide a platform for the drivel you preach?

    I donít know why you do any of the ridiculous things you do, but I do know that I can make you jump any time I want by posting a short message here. Youíre as predictable as the next day of the week.

    Needless to say I don't debate fools like you I pity them.

    And yet you feel compelled to respond every time I post a message. Itís true you donít try to defend your indefensible positions, but you do try mightily to insult your opponents instead in an effort to keep them from hanging around and exposing your inadequacies in an exchange of ideas.

    Is it true that this is one of the questions out of the North Carolina Home Inspectors Exam?

    Q: A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1 inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many hound dogs will be killed?

    True to form, you offer the comment above. I donít know if you are trying to insult me; to insult the entire state of North Carolina; or to provide proof that I have accurately described your lack of character. Given any choice at all, we are left to wonder why anyone would allow you into his home.

    Iíll be back next month with an update of my business volume, since there is so much money riding on your prediction. Taking two weeks off will undoubtedly have an effect, but I expect to still complete more inspections than you.


    RT



    Like I said before, spend a few bucks of that money you cheated your customers out of girly-man and spring for a bus ticket to Florida then we can chat about whatever has your panties in a knot.

    Hey, did you know that the tooth brush was invented in North Carolina, yeah, yeah, had it been invented anywhere else it would have obviously been called the teeth brush.


  44. #109
    Jimmy Breazeale's Avatar
    Jimmy Breazeale Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Well, folks, I got in rather late on this discussion, having only just joined Inspection News yesterday. I have finally, belatedly, and only recently given up trying to use reason to sway the opinions of some of the virulently anti-licensing crowd over on my beloved NACHI home. You may as well beat your head against the wall arguing with Mr. Humplestump, or whatever (whom I actually like, btw), and J.B. For the life of me, I can not understand why anyone would prefer to have to compete against the woefully incompetent jokers who don't know the difference between drip edge and dripping sinks. Well, maybe I can understand some of them, but that would be a different argument altogether. Since I can't seem to resist the urge, I'll take what seems to be the main and oft-repeated propaganda statement against licensing and make one statement, from a political science perspective, and then, I swear, I'm going to shut up.

    "Licensing solves nothing."

    No law ever enacted by any government in the history of mankind has ever enjoyed universal compliance. To even intimate, never mind reiterate, that a licensing law will actually solve completely any or all of the problems associated with our industry would be pure folly. To attempt to use the fact that universal compliance to that law would not be achieved as ammunition to oppose licensing is just so much horsey dookey. Licensed lawyers get disbarred. Licensed realtors have their licenses revoked. Licensed drivers have their licenses revoked, all for reasons, and in most cases good ones. The deterrant for bad lawyers, bad realtors, drivers, and, yes, even home inspectors, is that there exists a license to revoke. In the absence of a license, we only have the word of the individual that he/she can practice law effectively, inspect a home properly, or even drive a truck.

    Some oppose licensing because it most likely would cause them to have to purchase E&O. They see this as putting a target on them for a lawsuit. This is an expression of a fear of possible consequences.

    Some oppose licensing simply because they believe fervently government involvement in our business environment is a bad thing. A Jeffersonian view, but then, Jefferson's vision of America was a nation of genteel farmers living in small, contiguous communities. This is an expression of a fear of government intrusion, the Big Brother concept.

    And then, there are those who oppose licensing because they know they lack the knowledge to ever pass an exam which only sets a minimum standard, and having to do so would put them out of business forthwith. This crowd is, for obvious reasons, mostly pretty silent, but they are the main reason we need sane licensing laws, with well-funded enforcement teeth. I do have some thoughts on what would constitute a fair and effective licensing law, and in all fairness to the anti crowd, most states don't measure up completely. The irony of all this is, if one filters through all the bantie rooster posturing on the subject, there are actually good ideas on both sides of the issue that could be included in the language of licensing laws.

    Everyone should read James Madison's notes on the Constitutional Convention to gain an insight over how a consensus was finally reached. Our problem as an industry is that we can't seem to stop disparaging each other long enough to come to the conclusion that we need to have a round table discussion. The absence of that discussion creates a power vacuum into which other entities have stepped to have their versions of licensing laws enacted which serve their interests, not ours.

    Put that in your slop jar and sniff it.


  45. #110
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Here it is the end of July, and I was booked solid, except for the time I was vacationing. It looks once again like Burkeson's prediction is as unfounded as everything else he writes here. I'm one month closer to that $10,000, and Burkeson is one month closer to earning the coveted title "The Biggest Loser".

    True story: While I was in central FL, I asked a FABI member who was inspecting a house near the one I was renting if he knew a friend of mine in the area to whom other inspectors look for advice. He asked: "Joe who?"

    You can't make this stuff up.

    RT



    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    I have nothing to lose should licensing become a reality I will simply become licensed, end of story. You are the big loser here, because it is you who has pinned your future on licensing to "raise the bar" and limit your competition, a marketing plan doomed to failure.

    My guess is that you we won't be able to carry on this conversation a year from now as you will have gone back to flippin' burgers or some other menial task due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business plan. Tough to milk a cow or the public for that matter when sitting on a two-legged stool, time will tell.



  46. #111
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Hey, lookie who slithered back and they said you wouldn't make bail, well raise my rent, you know the slogan, come down to Florida on vacation, return on probation. Damn, you came all the way to central Florida and never stopped in, hell now I have to feed the dog.

    How is that bullshit career going, tell us how many old folks did you cheat out of their social security check this week? BTW, ASHI says they never heard of you, what gives? But they do know Harvey for sure.


  47. #112
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    I pull the string, and the puppet jumps, just like I said he would.

    I'll be back in a month or so with an update on my business volume. I don't have time to visit everday like Joe Who does, because I actually have homes to inspect.


    RT


    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Hey, lookie who slithered back and they said you wouldn't make bail, well raise my rent, you know the slogan, come down to Florida on vacation, return on probation. Damn, you came all the way to central Florida and never stopped in, hell now I have to feed the dog.

    How is that bullshit career going, tell us how many old folks did you cheat out of their social security check this week? BTW, ASHI says they never heard of you, what gives? But they do know Harvey for sure.



  48. #113
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thomas View Post
    I pull the string, and the puppet jumps, just like I said he would.

    I'll be back in a month or so with an update on my business volume. I don't have time to visit everday like Joe Who does, because I actually have homes to inspect.


    RT
    Each & every time you open up your mouth I'll oblige and put my foot in it, what did you expect... Candy?

    BTW, when is a sophomoric hack writer like you gonna begin using a spell-checker? You're an embarrassment.


  49. #114
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    05-29-2007, 10:21 PM Joseph Burkeson This message has been deleted by Joseph Burkeson. Reason: Posted when my feelings were hurt, should have realizes who I was addressing.


    Embarrassed? I make fewer typos than you and inspect more homes than you. You should have realizes that.


    RT



    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Each & every time you open up your mouth I'll oblige and put my foot in it, what did you expect... Candy?

    BTW, when is a sophomoric hack writer like you gonna begin using a spell-checker? You're an embarrassment.



  50. #115
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thomas View Post
    05-29-2007, 10:21 PM Joseph Burkeson This message has been deleted by Joseph Burkeson. Reason: Posted when my feelings were hurt, should have realizes who I was addressing.


    Embarrassed? I make fewer typos than you and inspect more homes than you. You should have realizes that.


    RT

    Yeah, maybe, but who really cares about a stupid metric like that? Bottom line... Any way you count it, I live better.


  51. #116
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    You're on the internet at 2:30 in the morning trying to convince me how well you live? What kind of life is that?

    I suppose that when you have no appointments, time is of no consequence. That's good, though. No customers to get in the way of your good life.

    RT



    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burkeson View Post
    Yeah, maybe, but who really cares about a stupid metric like that? Bottom line... Any way you count it, I live better.



  52. #117
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thomas View Post
    You're on the internet at 2:30 in the morning trying to convince me how well you live? What kind of life is that?
    I sleep very little maybe four hours a night no doubt it is part of my overall success, what is your sorry excuse, surfing porn while your wife snoozes?


  53. #118
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    On 06-01-2007 at 08:28 PM Burkeson wrote: My guess is that you we won't be able to carry on this conversation a year from now as you will have gone back to flippin' burgers or some other menial task due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business plan. Tough to milk a cow or the public for that matter when sitting on a two-legged stool, time will tell.

    On 06-02-2007 at 12:59 AM I responded to Burkesonís supposition that I will be earning a living with one or more menial jobs by issuing this challenge: RT: I have $10,000 Iím willing to wager that youíre wrong about what Iíll be doing in a year from now. Are you willing to match it? Are you willing to risk a monthís work that you know what youíre writing about?

    You have two choices here. You can wager $10,000 on your prediction, which by the way is based on an incorrect premise; or you can show everyone how fearful you really are to back up the foolishness you post here.

    Today is September 4, 2007. As everyone is aware, Burkeson didnít have the confidence in his prediction to put his money where his mouth is. Thatís because he knows what he hopes no one else here knows: that everything he writes is baseless rhetoric. When he canít prevail in a free exchange of ideas (which is never), he resorts to personal attacks.

    I say: Letís give Burkeson another chance. While he was spending endless hours on the internet this past month posting messages here and monitoring any other inspection-related site that would allow him access, I spent my free time purchasing another investment property, and photographing a wedding. After I replace the kitchen cabinets in the flip, I would love to have granite countertops installed.

    Thatís where Burkeson can help. I propose that we double the wager to $20,000. How about it, Burkeson? Are you really fearless? That extra $10k will go a long way toward my new granite.

    I wonít hold my breath, because I donít think Burkeson is as fearless as he pretends to be.

    RT

    ďNot a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that Burkeson has a clue." ~ Harvey Hempelstern


  54. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Gentlemen,

    I'm not sure who reactivated this thread as it appears the last post was 6-02-07.

    Is this conversation worth pursuing?


    Billy


  55. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    25,313

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Billy,

    Rob is trying to make a point to show us that what Joe B. says has no meaning, however, others have made that point, and Joe B. has proven it to be so, so many times before that, at this point, Rob is looking like the 'Bully' by keeping on kicking sand in Joe B.'s face while Joe is down, not that burying Joe B.'s head in the sand does not have its benefits, but, repeated walk-by kickings do not help the kicker ...

    ... nor does it make us feel sorry for Joe B. ...

    ... it's just petty 'picking on' Joe B. at this point, whether he had it coming or not.

    Rob needs to show us what he's made of ... can he ignore Joe B.'s rantings and ravings like most of the rest of us?

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  56. #121
    Richard Rushing's Avatar
    Richard Rushing Guest

    Wink Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Prediction:

    The next post will have one of the following phrases in it--
    • Peck-er head
    • Nazi jack-booted thugs
    • girly-man
    • Licensing is bad
    • business is great (or couldn't be better)



  57. #122
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rushing View Post
    Prediction:

    The next post will have one of the following phrases in it--
    • Peck-er head
    • Nazi jack-booted thugs
    • girly-man
    • Licensing is bad
    • business is great (or couldn't be better)

    Nice prognostication, but can you pull a rabbit out of a hat?


    PS You forgot... There is no bad press.


  58. #123
    John Michael's Avatar
    John Michael Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    I take it all back and offer my sincere apologies to Mr. Gromicko. While I was complaining about him he was helping me behind the scenes.

    Last edited by John Michael; 09-10-2007 at 11:03 PM.

  59. #124
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by John Michael View Post
    The government isn't your problem. You have a bigger monster eating your and my lunch. And don't bother calling him. He'll tell you to perform a bizarre physically impossible sex act.

    Just because your paranoid, doesn't mean that there not out to get you.

    But you might be right about the Remax preinspection thingy, Move In Certified is one of Nick's best (NACHI) ideas to date... Resistance is most likely futile.


  60. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    WOW!!!!

    A 3,700 sq. FT. $3.75 MILLION built in 1936 with 5 minor defects reported in the LA Times
    section of link. Boy Howdy them boys in CALe FORN ya Really know there stuff. Can I sign up for a correspondence course???

    Billy


  61. #126
    Rob Thomas's Avatar
    Rob Thomas Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    On 06-01-2007 at 08:28 PM Burkeson wrote: My guess is that you we won't be able to carry on this conversation a year from now as you will have gone back to flippin' burgers or some other menial task due to depending on home inspector licensing as one of the primary support pillars of your business plan. Tough to milk a cow or the public for that matter when sitting on a two-legged stool, time will tell.

    On 06-02-2007 at 12:59 AM I responded to Burkesonís supposition that I will be earning a living with one or more menial jobs by issuing this challenge: RT: I have $10,000 Iím willing to wager that youíre wrong about what Iíll be doing in a year from now. Are you willing to match it? Are you willing to risk a monthís work that you know what youíre writing about?

    You have two choices here. You can wager $10,000 on your prediction, which by the way is based on an incorrect premise; or you can show everyone how fearful you really are to back up the foolishness you post here.

    Today is October 27, 2007. As you all know, Burkeson was too frightened to put his money where his mouth is. Itís a good thing, too. I had the busiest September and October in years, and I acquired another little investment property that will provide me with a better return in a couple of months than Burkesonís burger-flipping NACHI buddies will earn in a year.

    The only reason this is important is that it illustrates the ridiculous statements Burkeson makes here at IN are baseless.

    RT


  62. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    25,313

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thomas View Post
    The only reason this is important is that it illustrates the ridiculous statements Burkeson makes here at IN are baseless.
    Actually, Rob, that is not anymore important to anything than Joe B. is (not the importance he thinks he is, but how important he really is) to anything of relevance.

    Well, other than it is also pathetically important to you that we know this too - I seriously doubt any of us really care about it, it is between you and Joe, and the rest of us here know enough about Joe by now to have already formed our opinions of him (which he continually manages to re-affirm and downgrade himself, but that is up to Joe to do or not do).

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  63. #128
    Richard Rushing's Avatar
    Richard Rushing Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Actually, Rob, that is not anymore important to anything than Joe B. is (not the importance he thinks he is, but how important he really is) to anything of relevance.

    Well, other than it is also pathetically important to you that we know this too - I seriously doubt any of us really care about it, it is between you and Joe, and the rest of us here know enough about Joe by now to have already formed our opinions of him (which he continually manages to re-affirm and downgrade himself, but that is up to Joe to do or not do).

    The sad thing is... he doesen't even realize how bad he continues to portray himself as.


  64. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    4,112

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    Brian H., thanks for the ignore feature. I am able to add certain individuals to my ingore list that only stir up s**t without contributing anything of value to the forum.
    I wish I could just ignore entire threads though since it tends to be like a car wreck, I just can't help looking when it pops up on the new post even though I know I shouldn't. But at least I can block the individual poster's comments.

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Dallas, Texas

  65. #130
    Deleted Account's Avatar
    Deleted Account Guest

    Default Re: Georgia home inspector license in the works

    I truly enjoy my popularity on this HI board of small repute, it provides me the opportunity to hone my writing skills and get my political jollies off (I'm only laughing on the inside), a great man once said... "there is no bad press". Oh, yeah I remember now... it was Nick Gromicko.

    The only thing you pro-licensing kool-aid drinkers can possibly do is band together and get Brian to do something bold, cause neither I nor my message (look for a new anti-licensing thread coming soon) is going away. Ball is in your court, deal with it!

    Last edited by Deleted Account; 10-28-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •