Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 66 to 130 of 302
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    When you quoted me you forgot to include the following sentence.
    "If you want to become a truely Certified Inspector you should have to work for it."

    Too many people want things given to them for free and with little work. For those people NACHI is the right association.
    Work for what?
    I can hang 100 logos on my site and the only one that counts is the one I designed for my business.

    I had two guys doing Inspections in front of me with all kinds of certification from the old Union association down the street from me in Park Ridge and I knew more about home systems than they did before I ever got my License.

    Most of these guys down the street are still using checklists and spending maybe an hour on site.

    If you call their 250 reports quality stuff ,that proves anything, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    At NACHI we are required to have CE.

    I'M just sayin

    NHIE Practice Exam

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Work for what?

    Most of these guys down the street are still using checklists and spending maybe an hour on site.

    If you call their 250 reports quality stuff ,that proves anything, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    At NACHI we are required to have CE.

    I'M just sayin
    I'll hire an old guy that does an one hour inspection with a check list report all day long, before I would hire some new guy that has a fancy logo, and some fancy boiler plate narriative report.

    " At NACHI we are required to have CE."
    Required? Have you read how many of your members have openly stated they never completed any, and have never been asked for proof they completed any CE.

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    so so, California
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    I'm a member of ASHI but have looked in to Internachi (due to the lawsuits they are no longer to be referred to as Nachi)

    To me they both have major flaws but personally ASHI seems to be the lesser of two evils.
    What lawsuits? And for what?


  4. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    What lawsuits? And for what?
    There are a couple different ones listed here, Search I think "Law Suit Nicks at it again" , or something like that.
    There are also a couple references on the TIJ site.

    Google nick, and you will find more, including one where he was sued, and fined by the state of PA, for defrauding PA consumers.

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    I'll hire an old guy that does an one hour inspection with a check list report all day long, before I would hire some new guy that has a fancy logo, and some fancy boiler plate narriative report.

    " At NACHI we are required to have CE."
    Required? Have you read how many of your members have openly stated they never completed any, and have never been asked for proof they completed any CE.
    Names my friend....names.
    Talk is cheap.

    All this talk about openness when nobody can see what goes on behind ASHI closed doors.

    I hear the whole purpose of ASHI is to try and protect the old timers business from the new guys.
    Is it true that when the crickets stop chirping that the only reply a new guy gets is sarcasm and critique of spelling on the ASHI forum?

    Your knowledge of NACHI is from spending so much time there even though you are not a member...right?
    How many posts do you think you had?

    So if all the new guys go to NACHI I guess ASHI will dis appear soon...right?

    Are you saying that if I pretend to be spanking new and send ASHI my check they will not allow me to work?

    I would love to have a competition between the top ASHI and NACHI guys at a home and see who does the best job.

    What do you think would happen?

    All these new guys that everyone hated 5 years ago now have many jobs under their belt and with much bettor education than offered anyplace else.

    ASHI spent time selling to Agents ,while NACHI trained the future ,is the way I see it.


  6. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,628

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Work
    If you call their 250 reports quality stuff ,that proves anything, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    At NACHI we are required to have CE.

    I'M just sayin
    At ASHI we're required to have CE's also. 20 hours a year. We're also required to pass the National Home Inspector Exam to become a top level inspector. This is the very same proctored exam that over 20 states require for licensing.

    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Names my friend....names.
    Talk is cheap .
    I'm not ratting on them,
    A couple of them are from Fla. one from MO and a couple other states.

    Some good info on this topic, provided by one of your top guys, can be found in the contents of the now deleted, site
    What Went Wrong with NACHI

    Mo and Kansas Lic departments have found this to be very valuable info. and useful in their attempt to protect their consumers from web site
    Certified Inspectors.

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,628

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    What lawsuits? And for what?

    NAHI v NACHI Lawsuit/Settlement Update

    Court Enters Judgment after InterNACHI Violates Settlement Agreement

    Do a google search and you'll find other lawsuits involving NACHI or InterNACHI.

    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    NAHI v NACHI Lawsuit/Settlement Update

    Court Enters Judgment after InterNACHI Violates Settlement Agreement

    Do a google search and you'll find other lawsuits involving NACHI or InterNACHI.
    That's what happens when the slow and old get scared.


  10. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,628

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    To be a InterNACHI Certified Inspector you must:
    1. You must have passed InterNACHI's Online Inspector Examination (free) with a score of 80 or better.
    2. You must have completed InterNACHI's Ethics Obstacle Course (free).
    3. You must have taken InterNACHI's Standards of Practice Quiz (free).
    4. Mailing, faxing, or submitting online a completed InterNACHI Application/Affidavit.
    5. Send them a check for $289
    To be an InterNACHI Master Inspector you must:
    1. complete 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of inspection-related Continuing Education courses (combined) in their lifetime;
    2. prove they've been in the inspection business for at least three years;
    3. abide by the industry's toughest Code of Ethics;
    4. substantially follow a Board-approved Standards of Practice;
    5. submit to a criminal background check; and
    6. apply for Board certification by signing an affidavit in front of a Notary.
    To be an ASHI candidate you must:
    • Just joined ASHI and may be new to the inspection profession or may be a seasoned inspector who has not yet completed ASHI's requirements to move up in membership.
    To be an ASHI Associate w/logo use you must:
    • Passed the National Home Inspector Examination and ASHI's Standards and Ethics module.
    • ASHI has verified performance of 50 fee-paid inspections in substantial compliance with the Standards of Practice.
    • Had inspection reports successfully verified for compliance with ASHI's Standards of Practice.
    To be an ASHI Certified Inspector you must:
    • Passed the National Home Inspector Examination and ASHI's Standards and Ethics module.
    • Had inspection reports successfully verified for compliance with ASHI's Standards of Practice.
    • Submitted valid proof of performance of at least 250 fee-paid home inspections that meet or exceed the ASHI Standards of Practice.

    Interesting, but according to InterNACHI they could have a Certified Master Inspector who has never done an inspection if they have completed enough education courses.

    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Ken. Nick has the Certified Master Inspector" option for the ones that cannot pass, or find some one to take his on-line quiz for them.
    They just have to pay nick a few extra $s.

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    You guys are too funny.

    I grow weary of convincing closed minds.


  13. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,628

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Please keep in mind that I'm not saying that one association has better inspectors. I have issues with the way ASHI does things also. Just not with their "Certified Inspector" requirements.

    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

  14. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    We're also required to pass the National Home Inspector Exam to become a top level inspector. This is the very same proctored exam that over 20 states require for licensing.
    That is 24 States and soon to be 25 once Florida starts their license program in 2010.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  15. #80
    wayne wilson's Avatar
    wayne wilson Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    It seems ASHI SPENDS MORE MONEY CONVINCING AGENTS IN HOW GOOD THEY ARE.,It does not matter what group you belong to , it is the job you do for your clients that counts . I like InterNachi because of the courses they provide.When i first started i was told i would not get much work if i was not a ASHI member . Guess what that person is no longer a member of ASHI and is a member of InterNachi after a local chapter of ASHI chapter craped on them. Any Assocation can get to big for their britches i guess.


  16. #81
    Bill Boerner's Avatar
    Bill Boerner Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    Please keep in mind that I'm not saying that one association has better inspectors. I have issues with the way ASHI does things also. Just not with their "Certified Inspector" requirements.
    You should have concerns. It's clear you nor anyone else here understands the message I'm sending out. Read closely...

    A. While you was correct in your observation of NACHI you left off some information.

    Within the first 10 days after becoming a certified member...
    Within the first 30 days after becoming a certified member...
    Within the first 45 days after becoming a certified member...
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Plumbing course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Electrical course (free), including all quizzes within, and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Roofing course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    Within the first 60 days after becoming a certified member...
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online HVAC course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Structural course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Exterior Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    Within the first 90 days after becoming a certified member...
    So let's take a closer look. Bottom line is when people call in my area for a home inspection most could care less about our little associations. However in my area you have those realtors who insist on leading their clients to believe that only a ASHI inspector is qualified enough to do the job. Sad but true. So here's the facts.

    Fact 1: The phone call. Question posed by potential client on occation. "Do you belong to ASHI?" Now here's the problem. I can simply send in a check and fill out a form and once accepted without any type of online, in class, on site ed or any thing I can answer my potential client with one simple word.

    "Yes"

    9 times out of ten that ends it there. These people simply assume your automatically certified. Your not lying. They didn't ask you if your certified. Most ask "do you belong". Legally I can say yes.

    Fact 2: Legally I can't say I belong to NACHI until I pass a online test which is much like the national exam most states uses for license requirements. Yes I agree I can sit at home and look up answers however since the test is "TIMED" that's very hard to do.

    Fact 3: You cannot become a "Certified Master Inspector" simply by having enough credits. Yes it appears that way however you must have done 1000 paid inspections or 500 paid inspections and CE equivilant to match 1000 paid inspections if that made any sense.

    As professional home inspectors it's our duty to give the public straight facts and to me quality, integrity and sound ethics is what I build my company with and before any of you spout anymore nonsense make sure to do your homework and speak with all the facts. Your not helping anyone by giving out half ass information.

    As for Nick... Yes he's been sued on a number of occations and he's laid lawsuits on a number of people for various reasons. Bottom line is NACHI is a solid organization with good people who are very knowledable and I sincerely feel that ASHI is the same way. Both orgs are good organizations. Either one would be a good choice.


  17. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    It always gets into a pissing contest whenever INACH is brought into the mix of any discussion on this board and over on TIJ. The same can be said whenever ASHI or NAHI is brought up over on the INACHI board. The players are pretty much the same on all three, sometimes they post under pseudo names.

    Yes, over the past 10 years we have seen many lawsuits between INACHI, ASHI, NAHI and even EBPHI. Most I think revolved around marketing, trademark, a few petty items and some are just nuisance suits. Some were settled out of court, some were settled by the judge and some are still ongoing.

    Some of the outcomes forced the defendants to change the way they advertise and talk about the other organizations. In one case the defended was forced to change the name of their organization and in another case the defendant was forced to change the name of their examination (actually this happened to two defendants).

    I wish everyone would realize that is not the national organizations that are behind all of this crap, but rather a few individuals in each.

    Last edited by Scott Patterson; 11-21-2009 at 08:19 AM.
    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  18. #83
    Bill Boerner's Avatar
    Bill Boerner Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Rowe View Post
    Please keep in mind that I'm not saying that one association has better inspectors. I have issues with the way ASHI does things also. Just not with their "Certified Inspector" requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne wilson View Post
    It seems ASHI SPENDS MORE MONEY CONVINCING AGENTS IN HOW GOOD THEY ARE.,It does not matter what group you belong to , it is the job you do for your clients that counts . I like InterNachi because of the courses they provide.When i first started i was told i would not get much work if i was not a ASHI member . Guess what that person is no longer a member of ASHI and is a member of InterNachi after a local chapter of ASHI chapter craped on them. Any Assocation can get to big for their britches i guess.
    Good for them. That means more business for you if you effectively market realtors the way you should be doing. Weather you like it or not realtors hold a fast majority of our profit and if you leave them out of your pie crust your business will fold sooner or later. I market and advertise realtors on my website. There's a catch. I only advertise those whom I've done business with multiple times. My reports are narrative with pictures and I don't let up on language to please realtors. I write the true condition of the home in the best interest of my clients. If a realtor has a problem with that then under no circumstances will I associate my business with them any longer. Realtors you see on my site understand this and works in the best interest of their client. I post their picture on my site to show appreciation to their hard work and to the fact that they work in the best interest of their client. It's important that one builds a solid foundation with their reputation.

    Last edited by Bill Boerner; 11-21-2009 at 08:22 AM.

  19. #84
    Bill Boerner's Avatar
    Bill Boerner Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    It always gets into a pissing contest whenever INACH is brought into the mix of any discussion on this board and over on TIJ. The same can be said whenever ASHI or NAHI is brought up over on the INACHI board. The players are pretty much the same on all three, sometimes they post under pseudo names.

    Yes, over the past 10 years we have seen many lawsuits between INACHI, ASHI, NAHI and even EBPHI. Most I think revolved around marketing, trademark, a few petty items and some are just nuisance suits. Some were settled out of court, some were settled by the judge and some are still ongoing.

    Some of the outcomes forced the defendants to change the way the advertise and talks about the other organizations. In one case the defended was forced to change the name of their organization and in another case the defendant was forced to change the name of their examination (actually this happened to two defendants).

    I wish everyone would realize that is not the national organizations that are behind all of this crap, but rather a few individuals in each.
    Well said Scott. What is TIJ?


  20. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boerner View Post
    You should have concerns. It's clear you nor anyone else here understands the message I'm sending out. Read closely...

    A. While you was correct in your observation of NACHI you left off some information.

    Within the first 10 days after becoming a certified member...
    Within the first 30 days after becoming a certified member...
    Within the first 45 days after becoming a certified member...
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Plumbing course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Electrical course (free), including all quizzes within, and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Roofing course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    Within the first 60 days after becoming a certified member...
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online HVAC course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Structural course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Exterior Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    Within the first 90 days after becoming a certified member...
    So let's take a closer look. Bottom line is when people call in my area for a home inspection most could care less about our little associations. However in my area you have those realtors who insist on leading their clients to believe that only a ASHI inspector is qualified enough to do the job. Sad but true. So here's the facts.

    Fact 1: The phone call. Question posed by potential client on occation. "Do you belong to ASHI?" Now here's the problem. I can simply send in a check and fill out a form and once accepted without any type of online, in class, on site ed or any thing I can answer my potential client with one simple word.

    "Yes"

    9 times out of ten that ends it there. These people simply assume your automatically certified. Your not lying. They didn't ask you if your certified. Most ask "do you belong". Legally I can say yes.

    Fact 2: Legally I can't say I belong to NACHI until I pass a online test which is much like the national exam most states uses for license requirements. Yes I agree I can sit at home and look up answers however since the test is "TIMED" that's very hard to do.

    Fact 3: You cannot become a "Certified Master Inspector" simply by having enough credits. Yes it appears that way however you must have done 1000 paid inspections or 500 paid inspections and CE equivilant to match 1000 paid inspections if that made any sense.

    As professional home inspectors it's our duty to give the public straight facts and to me quality, integrity and sound ethics is what I build my company with and before any of you spout anymore nonsense make sure to do your homework and speak with all the facts. Your not helping anyone by giving out half ass information.

    As for Nick... Yes he's been sued on a number of occations and he's laid lawsuits on a number of people for various reasons. Bottom line is NACHI is a solid organization with good people who are very knowledable and I sincerely feel that ASHI is the same way. Both orgs are good organizations. Either one would be a good choice.
    Billy, what you have printed is true but it is not enforced and I hope you realize it. Nick says that it is all done on the honor system.

    Nobody at the INACHI HQ monitors and makes sure that any of those items are done. I have two very good inspector friends who belong to INACH and have not done any of those items outside of the online test and paying the fee. Now if all of that was enforced then INACHI would have the most stringent requirements.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  21. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boerner View Post
    Well said Scott. What is TIJ?
    TIJ is Home Inspector Forums, News, Resources, Education and Events

    It is a very good discussion board that does not put up with this type of petty BS. Several posters on this board and a few others over at INACHI, ASHI and have been blocked from TIJ. Some of the best in the profession can be found over on Mikes site. Those that don't like it are the ones that have been banned from posting on it!

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  22. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne wilson View Post
    It seems ASHI SPENDS MORE MONEY CONVINCING AGENTS IN HOW GOOD THEY ARE.,It does not matter what group you belong to , it is the job you do for your clients that counts . I like InterNachi because of the courses they provide.When i first started i was told i would not get much work if i was not a ASHI member . Guess what that person is no longer a member of ASHI and is a member of InterNachi after a local chapter of ASHI chapter craped on them. Any Assocation can get to big for their britches i guess.
    Hi Wayne, who is that and what chapter? I would like to see if I can help to make sure it does not happen again.

    Don't forget that according to Nick, he has the largest organization. Yet, whenever you see an interview (on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, FORBES, Wall Street Journal, etc.) that has to do with purchasing a home or inspections it is always an ASHI member or the current ASHI President that is interviewed when it comes down to the home inspection. Yes, ASHI has a very good PR firm and I think that the PR budget is about 8% of the total budget. According to Nick, INACHI does not have a PR budget.

    I'm glad ASHI is out marketing and doing PR for me and the profession.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  23. #88
    Bill Boerner's Avatar
    Bill Boerner Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Billy, what you have printed is true but it is not enforced and I hope you realize it. Nick says that it is all done on the honor system.

    Nobody at the INACHI HQ monitors and makes sure that any of those items are done. I have two very good inspector friends who belong to INACH and have not done any of those items outside of the online test and paying the fee. Now if all of that was enforced then INACHI would have the most stringent requirements.
    Agreed. However, my point is it's laid out there for the public to see on the website and Nick doesn't advertise to new recruits the fact that NACHI doesn't monitor the progress of one after he or she joins. For me I actually did what the website said I had to do because I was under the impression at the time that I would loose my certification. That's the difference between ASHI and NACHI. Atleast NACHI states you need to do some sort of training when you first join "that's key, when you first join". ASHI has a great full certification program however my point is they need to get rid of the fact that one can simply state to the public that they are a member of ASHI simply by sending in a check and filling out a form. That's a hard fact. The associate program is fine it's the initial sign up program that leads many consumers astry IMO.


  24. #89
    Bill Boerner's Avatar
    Bill Boerner Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Hi Wayne, who is that and what chapter? I would like to see if I can help to make sure it does not happen again.

    Don't forget that according to Nick, he has the largest organization. Yet, whenever you see an interview (on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, FORBES, Wall Street Journal, etc.) that has to do with purchasing a home or inspections it is always an ASHI member or the current ASHI President that is interviewed when it comes down to the home inspection. Yes, ASHI has a very good PR firm and I think that the PR budget is about 8% of the total budget. According to Nick, INACHI does not have a PR budget.

    I'm glad ASHI is out marketing and doing PR for me and the profession.
    And that's why I'm going to join once I get back from the desert. ASHI is well known and has done a great job at helping the inspector get known in his or her community. NACHI is a great source to have for education and online message board help. I will always belong to BOTH ORGS.


  25. #90
    Bill Boerner's Avatar
    Bill Boerner Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    TIJ is Home Inspector Forums, News, Resources, Education and Events

    It is a very good discussion board that does not put up with this type of petty BS. Several posters on this board and a few others over at INACHI, ASHI and have been blocked from TIJ. Some of the best in the profession can be found over on Mikes site. Those that don't like it are the ones that have been banned from posting on it!
    Thanks for the info. I'll stop by and see what it's all about.


  26. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boerner View Post
    Agreed. However, my point is it's laid out there for the public to see on the website and Nick doesn't advertise to new recruits the fact that NACHI doesn't monitor the progress of one after he or she joins. For me I actually did what the website said I had to do because I was under the impression at the time that I would loose my certification. That's the difference between ASHI and NACHI. Atleast NACHI states you need to do some sort of training when you first join "that's key, when you first join". ASHI has a great full certification program however my point is they need to get rid of the fact that one can simply state to the public that they are a member of ASHI simply by sending in a check and filling out a form. That's a hard fact. The associate program is fine it's the initial sign up program that leads many consumers astry IMO.
    Very true, but you can also join ICC the same way. You just can't advertise that you are Code Certified.

    I'm all for ASHI upping their entrance requirements. I have suggested many times over the years that ASHI should require the NHIE before a person can sign up. Unfortunately the bean counters say that would cut the number of new folks who join by half. I can see that happening, but I think it would be short lived and after a year or two it would be a moot point.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  27. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boerner View Post
    And that's why I'm going to join once I get back from the desert. ASHI is well known and has done a great job at helping the inspector get known in his or her community. NACHI is a great source to have for education and online message board help. I will always belong to BOTH ORGS.
    Let me know when you are ready, I have helped many long time INACHI members in the process.

    With all of the Free education stuff that INACHI offers, ya don't have to be a member to take advantage of it!

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  28. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boerner View Post
    they need to get rid of the fact that one can simply state to the public that they are a member of ASHI simply by sending in a check and filling out a form.[/COLOR][/B] That's a hard fact. The associate program is fine it's the initial sign up program that leads many consumers astry IMO.
    Bill I appreciate your passion.
    I see one important thing missing.
    Why would ASHI change anything based on an opinion of an outsider?

    ASHI members DO have a voice if they think changes will help the org, or profession, by getting involved on committees, and by voting.

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  29. #94
    Bill Boerner's Avatar
    Bill Boerner Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    Bill I appreciate your passion.
    I see one important thing missing.
    Why would ASHI change anything based on an opinion of an outsider?

    ASHI members DO have a voice if they think changes will help the org, or profession, by getting involved on committees, and by voting.
    I plan on joining no doubt. ASHI is a great org just like the rest. To answer your question though I can't be the first person to raise the flag on this issue. ASHI must have some reason for keeping their "initial" entry requirement. IMO, however, it's the "main" reason where ASHI got it's papermill nickname from. ASHI is highly viewed this way due to the very reason I layed out on this message board. Get rid of the sign up, pay today and tell your clients your a member of ASHI without a logo scenerio and all will be good. No way then can one call ASHI a papermill IMO.


  30. #95
    Bill Boerner's Avatar
    Bill Boerner Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    Bill I appreciate your passion.
    I see one important thing missing.
    Why would ASHI change anything based on an opinion of an outsider?

    ASHI members DO have a voice if they think changes will help the org, or profession, by getting involved on committees, and by voting.
    So anything done within the org get's approved by popular member vote? I like that alot. No such thing with NACHI.


  31. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boerner View Post
    I plan on joining no doubt. ASHI is a great org just like the rest. To answer your question though I can't be the first person to raise the flag on this issue. ASHI must have some reason for keeping their "initial" entry requirement. IMO, however, it's the "main" reason where ASHI got it's papermill nickname from. ASHI is highly viewed this way due to the very reason I layed out on this message board. Get rid of the sign up, pay today and tell your clients your a member of ASHI without a logo scenerio and all will be good. No way then can one call ASHI a papermill IMO.
    Bill, the paper mill thing came from Nick. Under a court order he can not say anything despairingly about ASHI. So he goes about in a roundabout manner.

    In the eyes of the general public (folks that hire home inspectors) they could care less about membership requirements or the lack of them. It all boils down to perception and over the years ASHI has lobbied to be the one that consumers look for, and it works. Good or bad ASHI has a huge PR machine.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  32. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boerner View Post
    So anything done within the org get's approved by popular member vote? I like that alot. No such thing with NACHI.
    All directors and officers are nominated and are voted on. Anything that requires a change in the bylaws or P&P requires a majority vote.

    Nick is the emperor of INACHI, it is his to do with as he wishes. If he wanted to close the doors, or sell it to Pro-Lab he could do it.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  33. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,628

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boerner View Post
    You should have concerns. It's clear you nor anyone else here understands the message I'm sending out. Read closely...

    A. While you was correct in your observation of NACHI you left off some information.

    Within the first 10 days after becoming a certified member... Within the first 30 days after becoming a certified member...Within the first 45 days after becoming a certified member...
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Plumbing course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Electrical course (free), including all quizzes within, and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Roofing course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    Within the first 60 days after becoming a certified member...
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online HVAC course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Structural course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    • You must complete InterNACHI's online Exterior Inspection course (free), including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
    Within the first 90 days after becoming a certified member...So let's take a closer look. Bottom line is when people call in my area for a home inspection most could care less about our little associations. However in my area you have those realtors who insist on leading their clients to believe that only a ASHI inspector is qualified enough to do the job. Sad but true. So here's the facts.

    Fact 1: The phone call. Question posed by potential client on occation. "Do you belong to ASHI?" Now here's the problem. I can simply send in a check and fill out a form and once accepted without any type of online, in class, on site ed or any thing I can answer my potential client with one simple word.

    "Yes"

    9 times out of ten that ends it there. These people simply assume your automatically certified. Your not lying. They didn't ask you if your certified. Most ask "do you belong". Legally I can say yes.

    Fact 2: Legally I can't say I belong to NACHI until I pass a online test which is much like the national exam most states uses for license requirements. Yes I agree I can sit at home and look up answers however since the test is "TIMED" that's very hard to do.

    Fact 3: You cannot become a "Certified Master Inspector" simply by having enough credits. Yes it appears that way however you must have done 1000 paid inspections or 500 paid inspections and CE equivilant to match 1000 paid inspections if that made any sense.

    As professional home inspectors it's our duty to give the public straight facts and to me quality, integrity and sound ethics is what I build my company with and before any of you spout anymore nonsense make sure to do your homework and speak with all the facts. Your not helping anyone by giving out half ass information.

    As for Nick... Yes he's been sued on a number of occations and he's laid lawsuits on a number of people for various reasons. Bottom line is NACHI is a solid organization with good people who are very knowledable and I sincerely feel that ASHI is the same way. Both orgs are good organizations. Either one would be a good choice.

    Oh, I understand it completely. My issue is with the term "Certified Inspector". By taking a few online tests and paying the fees one can be a "Certified Inspector" in the eyes of InterNachi, with no follow up by the association to verify any of the other requirements are completed.

    To become a Certified Inspector in the eyes of ASHI you must complete their online test, provide documentation of 250 fee paid inspections, and pass the National Home Inspectors Exam.

    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

  34. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    .... and it only takes 30 seconds!


  35. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area
    Posts
    3,473

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Unfortunately, some home buyers read an article about how to choose a home inspector and somehow get locked in on hiring a certified home inspector. Ask them what certified means in regard to home inspectors and I guarantee you'll hear silence on the other end of the phone.

    The term certified as far as our profession goes is hollow and really means nothing.


  36. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Not according to you know who. That was the whole premise behind CMI and CHI and everything else certifiable in the Nachi stable.


  37. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post

    With all of the Free education stuff that INACHI offers, ya don't have to be a member to take advantage of it!
    Now thats not playing fair.
    NIck stated that he offers free education to lure newbys in, so he can get them for $2-3000 before they go out of business

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  38. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Marc M.
    Out of all these replies, did anybody answer your question?

    Last edited by Dan Harris; 11-21-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  39. #104
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    I have taken 3 different home inspector school courses, all of NACHIS courses or on line test,, the National Home Inspectors Exam, Another school course (approved by Texas when I got here), proctored tests, non proctored test, the final TREC exam at the end of that approved Texas course for home inspectors and countless hours for yearly hours needed (whether needed or not).

    Not one bit of it was any different than the any other. None, not one bit any different. Same type of questions, different school/on line course/association etc Same stuff different day. Period. Nothing different. Just more home inspection questions and answers. What is the big damn deal. Oh ... I get it ... the world is comprised of cheaters and everyone has someone else sitting there doing the online test while you watch star trec. I do not freekin think so.

    What is the difference with an open book contractors test or an open book ICC test or an online test or a proctored home inspection exam. Same stuff, different day. This is not brain surgery

    What is all this endless crap that their poop doesn't stink and theirs does. I have absolutely no understanding what so ever what all this endless back and forth garbage is constantly all about. I remember decades ago when CB radios were popular and there were actually CB clubs. I went to one of those meetings and laughed the entire time with all there technical call to meeting crap. Instead of a bunch of guys getting together for a few drinks it turned into some unbelievable bull session and this one talking about that one and his was bigger than the other guys and mine is more powerful than yours.

    If one likes an association then state so. If one does not think highly of another org .... so what. Mention yours and move on.

    Personally I don't know Nick from squat and I am sure I never will. I do find all the on line stuff great. I just don't care for organizations and a handful of people (just like the state of Texas) dictating what and how things should be. The only reason it ever goes certain ways is because those particular folks in charge at the time think a certain way and that is the way the drift goes because they have some inner God driven need and desire to be in charge of something and be an authority figure and the head of the gang.

    I never much liked gangs . I met many and they are no different than what I see on here when all this Association garbage comes up.

    Why am I participating, you may ask.

    I have an X from 25 years ago that I still hear crap from in a round about way. The last thing I want to talk about is the details to he said she said, he did she did, he didn't do she didn't do.. What an endless bunch of crap.

    I like NACHIs goods. I like ASHIs standards as well. Belong to either? Other than the local chapter I see nothing that draws me to become a member or belong to either. I am still up in the air after 5 years about local Associations. One put a bad taste in my mouth from the get go. The other I never heard much about until the past year and all seems pretty good so far. I am probably going in that direction. If for some reason they want me to prove myself to them after inspecting all my life then I probably will not go in that direction either. If it is a come on in and get together with fellow inspectors and we have great meetings and the state hourly requirements are set with different classes all year long then I'll probably still go in that direction. I proved myself to the state licensing and continuing ed. Thats the only proving I need to do my job. Send a list of 250 reports off so they can pick 5 to look over them and tell me what and pass a judgment on me .... for what reason I would want that I do not know. I am judged every day I go to work.

    Thats my rant. No nya nya stuff ... just an opinion. Man do I hate nya nya

    Last edited by Ted Menelly; 11-21-2009 at 09:51 PM.

  40. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Ted, you forgot to add; Have a nice day!

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  41. #106
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Ted, you forgot to add; Have a nice day!

    OOOOPs


    Sorry


  42. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    930

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ostrowski View Post
    Unfortunately, some home buyers read an article about how to choose a home inspector and somehow get locked in on hiring a certified home inspector. Ask them what certified means in regard to home inspectors and I guarantee you'll hear silence on the other end of the phone.

    The term certified as far as our profession goes is hollow and really means nothing.
    The most realistic statement I have heard on this subject.

    It is fun to argue the points ,but in the end it is up to us as individuals to succeed.


  43. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    That is 24 States and soon to be 25 once Florida starts their license program in 2010.
    Ahhh, after all his hard work in Fla. at the licensing meetings a few weeks ago that must be the
    " Big good news about Florida and InterNACHI coming out any day now! "
    that nick had planned to tell his members on his 11/2 post

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  44. #109
    Mitchell Toelle's Avatar
    Mitchell Toelle Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    I'm looking for an Org to join, and I just wasnt sure. I hear a lot of negitives with that Org. and want to make a wise choice. They do however, have some pretty cool information over there. I also like ASHI.
    I know it sounds cool to post your location as "Left Coast" but your city or county would be better for some of us to get to know you, and for thread discussion purposes. In this case you could be directed to the local CREIA or ASHI chapter and location of meetings. Hope you find something. BTW, as has already been said, CREIA and ASHI are your best source here in Calif. and you will be sure to find many members willing to help you out.


  45. #110

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    I am a member of NAHI, pretty happy so far. They had problems there for a little bit. Lately things are much better and have added webinar training for CME's etc. My opinion is that if you are looking into associations to join, NAHI is worth a second look.

    Have a Great Day

    Michael Carson
    Inspect It Right Home Inspections L.L.C.
    www.inspectitrighthomeinspection.com

  46. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Scott, we at InterNACHI were all thrilled this morning to learn that you've publicly admitted that the reason ASHI has no entrance requirements is so that ASHI can enrich itself by doubling the number of unqualified newbies ASHI dumps on unsuspecting consumers. Thank you. Your quote should be required reading for every consumer and realtor in North America.

    Scott Patterson admits in November 2009 on Inspectionnews.net:

    I'm all for ASHI upping their entrance requirements. I have suggested many times over the years that ASHI should require the NHIE before a person can sign up. Unfortunately the bean counters say that would cut the number of new folks who join by half.


    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  47. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Scott, we at InterNACHI were all thrilled this morning to learn that you've publicly admitted that the reason ASHI has no entrance requirements is so that ASHI can enrich itself by doubling the number of unqualified newbies ASHI dumps on unsuspecting consumers. Thank you. Your quote should be required reading for every consumer and realtor in North America.

    Scott Patterson admits in November 2009 on Inspectionnews.net:
    Hey Nick.
    How is Scotts quote, his personal opinion, like a long time member of your org's quote, [On 11/22/2009] any different addressing the same topic.

    Partial Quote:
    Just to give you a clue read the list.

    1. Membership would really drop if everything was verified.
    2. Nachi is Nick. Nothing gets done here unless it has Nicks approval.
    3. There is no accountability to the membership for anything that's done at NACHI.
    end Quote]

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  48. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    ASHI's admits that money is the reason ASHI has no entrance requirements. - InterNACHI Message Board

    Wow. Nick are you sure about this? Here you are making baseless statements again, having just recently having sent your Communications Director here to correct your previous legal issues vis-a-vis ASHI and NAHI.


  49. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Scott, we at InterNACHI were all thrilled this morning to learn that you've publicly admitted that the reason ASHI has no entrance requirements is so that ASHI can enrich itself by doubling the number of unqualified newbies ASHI dumps on unsuspecting consumers. Thank you. Your quote should be required reading for every consumer and realtor in North America.

    Scott Patterson admits in November 2009 on Inspectionnews.net:
    Hi Lisa,

    I'm no longer on any ASHI committee or do I have anything to do ASHI other than just being a member for about the past two years. I'm not an ASHI "Big Wig" as Nick claims. I have not admitted to anything like you claim. I do not speak for ASHI, I only speak for myself. I have voiced my opinion.

    Yes, I would like to see ASHI, INACHI, NAHI, CREAI and every other home inspector organization require the NHIE before a person could join. It would be the best thing for our profession.

    Yes, it is common sense (you do know what that is I hope!) that if you increase requirements for anything you will reduce the amount of participation. This is why Nick has made it so easy to become a Certifed Home Inspector and the listed requirements are never enforced. He knows that if he required the NHIE he would have a major loss of members in his organization. This is why he continues to use the unproctored backroom made test that is not recognized by any state licensing authority as an equal to the NHIE.

    ASHI is not responsible for dumping unqualified newbies anymore than INACHI is, all of the home inspector associations are guilty of it!

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  50. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Scott wrote:
    ASHI is not responsible for dumping unqualified newbies anymore than INACHI is, all of the home inspector associations are guilty of it!
    Why not stick both feet into your mouth? That statement has no relevance to ASHI! I am insulted you would even state that as an ASHI member!


  51. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Yes, I would like to see ASHI, INACHI, NAHI, CREAI and every other home inspector organization require the NHIE before a person could join. It would be the best thing for our profession.

    This is why Nick has made it so easy to become a Certifed Home Inspector and the listed requirements are never enforced. He knows that if he required the NHIE he would have a major loss of members in his organization. This is why he continues to use the unproctored backroom made test that is not recognized by any state licensing authority as an equal to the NHIE.
    I don't think we will see ole nicko accept the NHIE for his org.
    He knows many of his members that are not in a Lic. state could not pass it, and the ones that could, would not waste their $s on his non verified wannta -be certificiation. D:

    Last edited by Dan Harris; 11-23-2009 at 04:15 PM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  52. #117
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Scott, we at InterNACHI were all thrilled this morning to learn that you've publicly admitted that the reason ASHI has no entrance requirements is so that ASHI can enrich itself by doubling the number of unqualified newbies ASHI dumps on unsuspecting consumers. Thank you. Your quote should be required reading for every consumer and realtor in North America.

    Scott Patterson admits in November 2009 on Inspectionnews.net:
    Lisa

    You are kidding me right.

    What the hell is going on in organizations lately. I cannot believe you or anyone in a national organization would act or respond in such a manner publicly to anything of the like.

    Why has everything become so freekin nya nya. Why are professionals acting in such a manner. On another note I cannot believe how a few on here are waiting for such comments from anyone on your side of the fence to make any comment what so ever so they can pounce and insult and the freekin nya nya that goes with it. I am curious on how old many of you are. Personally I cannot remember acting in such a way and I can remember back to when I was 2 visiting my dying brother in the hospital back in 56.

    The blatant dropping of NACHI news in multiple threads the other day was about as unprofessional as this last load of crap. I suggest you go talk to (and everyone else for that matter) your councilor to find out what life is really all about.

    Look what you did dam it. You got me on the attack from just popping in to see what folks were still talking about on the thread. I was going to comment that you were acting like children but then that would put my children in the mix. They are all in their thirties and mega professionals. They also never acted like what I see on here. There friends never acted like what goes on in this thread and others.

    I would say you and some others need a spanking. One or two things on that.

    You may like it too much and then have more to whine and cry about and have temper tantrums about. It will give you folks more to go back and forth with. You know ... we have terrorists out there that have the same mentality as some of you folks. You cannot see past your own brain cells and have no clue or even care what the outside worlds feels about such actions. Most of us do not live in 2000 year old mentalities. Mosty of us have joined the modern era. They say criminals have this little deal on top of there brain stem that compared to other non criminals is extremely tiny. They do not have the understanding about anything affecting anyone around them. That is why they can stick a 9 milimeter in someones face and pull the trigger and then go home and play with their kids and have dinner like nothing was suppose to be wrong with what they did.

    This is the absolute epitome why I do not belong to an organization right now. Over and over and over the years everytime I started to get involved in any organization all the nya nya's came forth and I put an abrupt end to it. I do not have the stomach for it.

    You want to recruit anyone into your organizatiuon ????? I suggest you drop out and they put a professional in there to handle it. Yes I have seen comments that are made from time to time from the leaders of your Org and others..... Freeking shameless ... or is the ... Full of shame.

    Shame on you and everyone else like you and your actions.

    You want to advertise on here then pay for the advertisement instead of shameless postings. I have grown to respect some of the folks on here that belong to your Association. Don't shame them anymore by your contributions. Have you noticed that almost all of the NACHI members on here have kept there mouth shut or some just added some positive notes. Don't shame them in rethinking that they made a mistake by joining your association.

    You as a professional (??????) should apologize to everyone on this board and all the members of NACHI especially.

    As for the rest of you in the boxing match with here .... why ??????

    I just don't get it.


  53. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Ted, post chronology matters.

    I notice you waited in silence while InterNACHI took cheap shot after cheap shot, and only decided to play referee when I swung back. So much for chivalry. I must have thrown a knock out punch.

    Scott Patterson is very correct. ASHI needs to adopt some entrance requirements, and not just the beginners exam (NHIE) used by many states to license newbies fresh out of school.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  54. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Lisa

    You are kidding me right.

    What the hell is going on in organizations lately. I cannot believe you or anyone in a national organization would act or respond in such a manner publicly to anything of the like.

    The blatant dropping of NACHI news in multiple threads the other day was about as unprofessional as this last load of crap.

    Look what you did dam it. You got me on the attack from just popping in to see what folks were still talking about on the thread. I was going to comment that you were acting like children but then that would put my children in the mix. They are all in their thirties and mega professionals. They also never acted like what I see on here.

    I would say you and some others need a spanking.

    You may like it too much and then have more to whine and cry about and have temper tantrums about. It will give you folks more to go back and forth with. You know ... we have terrorists out there that have the same mentality as some of you folks. You cannot see past your own brain cells and have no clue or even care what the outside worlds feels about such actions. Most of us do not live in 2000 year old mentalities.



    You want to recruit anyone into your organizatiuon ????? I suggest you drop out and they put a professional in there to handle it. Yes I have seen comments that are made from time to time from the leaders of your Org and others..... Freeking shameless ... or is the ... Full of shame.

    Shame on you and everyone else like you and your actions.

    You want to advertise on here then pay for the advertisement instead of shameless postings. I have grown to respect some of the folks on here that belong to your Association. Don't shame them anymore by your contributions. Have you noticed that almost all of the NACHI members on here have kept there mouth shut or some just added some positive notes. Don't shame them in rethinking that they made a mistake by joining your association.

    You as a professional (??????) should apologize to everyone on this board and all the members of NACHI especially.

    .
    LOL Ted. give em a cyber world spanking
    Maybe this board should be sensored, like nicks board is against a certain few.
    I vote for you to be the appointed Inspection News B B sensor of nick and his puppets posts.

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  55. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    I don't know how you can claim Nachi's greatness considering how it is managed. The building blocks of a professional association just aren't there and you can spin and spin and spin any way you want Lisa, but at the end of the day until such time Nachi has a set of published bylaws, voting, functional Ethics committee, financial accountability, policy manual, and a accurate membership list, it remains as Nick has always maintained - a marketing club.

    The ownership of Nachi is not open to outside review and as such this important fact calls into question the whole gambit of what is going on behind closed doors. Lack of leadership and professionalism are not the watch words in Nicks vocabulary, he has surrounded himself with yes people who simply follow along without question.

    A disgraced Nachi member.


  56. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post

    Scott Patterson is very correct. ASHI needs to adopt some entrance requirements, and not just the beginners exam (NHIE) used by many states to license newbies fresh out of school.
    A few months ago you came here and tried to the the owner of this board how to operate his business.
    Now many of your members are coming here to get the free web exposure.
    Maybe you should hire Brian, and find out to run a professional HI chat board

    Why not be concerned about your own org's non existant, non verified requirements, as documented by many of your current, and ex members, instead of telling some one else, or another HI org how they should do business.
    If nacho was the great org you claim it is, every inspector would be begging to join. Instead many of your own members are embarresed to say they belong to nachi.
    Heck many of them post ASHI info on their web sites, and refuse to post the nachi logo on their web site, and only do after being forced too, under the threat they will removed from nachi if they don't.

    Also proud to be an ex nacho member.

    Last edited by Dan Harris; 11-23-2009 at 06:34 PM.
    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  57. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    There is also a well found concern about this CMI that was marketed to Canadians which under closer scrutiny turns out to be what can only be termed a fraud. There have been no police background checks, no audits, and at least two people rec'd their CMI gratis no questions, and one look at the make up of the CMI board will explain a lot.

    Care to comment Lisa or Nick?


  58. #123
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    I don't work for the Master Inspector Certification Board, so I can't help you with that one Ray. You have to have been in business for 3 years and completed 1,000 inspections I think, but I'm not sure. I work for InterNACHI only.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  59. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Thats strange. Nick is listed as president of CMI. Are you telling me Nick is not co-mingling Nachi business with CMI through your role as Communications Director?

    And when did Nick move to Idaho?

    Quite a whose who in the Nachi establishment, wouldn't you say?

    Also did you know that a Canadian Trademark awarded
    Is very questionable given what the CMI board under Nicks direction as president are representing that the Trademark bestows some form of legitimacy it does not considering the questionable nature as to CMI being marketed in Canada.



    Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc.:
    1750 30th Street, Suite 300
    Boulder, CO 80301
    contact@certifiedmasterinspector.org


    Executive Director:
    John McKenna
    Texas
    info@texas-inspection.com

    President:
    Nick Gromicko
    Idaho
    nick.gromicko@nachi.org

    Education Director:
    Gerry Beaumont
    Florida
    encoga@hotmail.com

    Ethics Director:
    Joe Farsetta
    New York
    info@hitinteractivemedia.com

    Corporate Counsel:
    Mark S. Cohen, Esq.
    Cohen Horner, LLP
    Colorado
    mark@cohenhorner.com

    IT Director:
    Chris Morrell
    Massachussettes
    contact@certifiedmasterinspector.org

    Advisory Board:

    Paul W. Abernathy,CME,RMS,CMI www.electricalseminars.net, VA: info@electrical-ess.com
    Gerry Beaumont, Gerry Beaumont Consulting, FL: encoga@hotmail.com
    Robert Brown, Certified Adult Training Services, ON: bob@aciss.biz
    Joe Farsetta, H.I.T. Interactive, NY: info@hitinteractivemedia.com
    Nick Gromicko, NACHI, CO: contact@certifiedmasterinspector.org
    Steve Jawitz, PE, All Building Inspections, FL: SJawitz@allbuildinginspection.com
    Bill Merrell, Merrell Institute, NY: bcm@doctor.com
    Chris Morrell, Master Inspector Certification Board, MA: contact@certifiedmasterinspector.org
    John Onofrey, Top 2 Bottom Real Estate Inspectors, TX: john.onofrey@texasinspectors.net
    George Wells, Best Inspectors Network, OH: cmi@bestinspectors.net


  60. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    As I explained Ray, I don't work for the Master Inspector Certification Board and I never have. It is a separate entity that uses ASHI's Standards of Practice as one of the approved Standards I think. But I don't really know. I know it is full of ASHI inspectors. It is a separate organization that administers the Federal Certification Mark Certified Master Inspector but I didn't know it was registered in Canada until you told me just now.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  61. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    As I explained Ray, I don't work for the Master Inspector Certification Board and I never have. It is a separate entity that uses ASHI's Standards of Practice as one of the approved Standards I think. But I don't really know. I know it is full of ASHI inspectors. It is a separate organization that administers the Federal Certification Mark Certified Master Inspector but I didn't know it was registered in Canada until you told me just now.
    .
    ......
    .

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  62. #127
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,628

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    ASHI needs to adopt some entrance requirements, and not just the beginners exam (NHIE) used by many states to license newbies fresh out of school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    As I explained Ray, I don't work for the Master Inspector Certification Board and I never have. It is a separate entity that uses ASHI's Standards of Practice as one of the approved Standards I think. But I don't really know. I know it is full of ASHI inspectors.

    LOL, you're bashing ASHI for using the same exam used by many states for licensing, yet InterNachi doesn't even do that. Plus an arm of InterNachi uses the ASHI Standard of Practice. That's too funny.

    On another note, I haven't seen any ASHI employees trolling forums to degrade InterNachi. But then again I'm too busy doing inspections as an ASHI Certified Inspector to spend much time on forums.

    MinnesotaHomeInspectors.com
    Minnesota Home Inspectors LLC
    ASHI #242887 mnradontesting.com

  63. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Ken, if you feel that pointing out that ASHI has zero entrance requirements is "degrading" to ASHI, perhaps ASHI should adopt some. Feel free to use ours Become a certified inspector! Join InterNACHI today. - InterNACHI

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  64. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Lisa

    How much is Nick paying you to promote the stuff you do as true? The facts do not back up what you or Nick keep trying to convey.


  65. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Succasunna NJ
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: What's the deal with NACHI?

    Hey Lisa,

    You still haven't answered my question from 8/12:

    "Lisa, as director of communications for NACHI, what is your response to this quote from Mr. Nick?

    "I and InterNACHI are in complete agreement that non-members should die and go to hell."

    Inquiring minds want to know....."

    Darren www.aboutthehouseinspections.com
    'Whizzing & pasting & pooting through the day (Ronnie helping Kenny helping burn his poots away!) (FZ)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •