Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 65 of 205
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    None of the Canadian-based associations were included in our comparison chart as none have very many membership benefits. Furthermore, InterNACHI is the largest inspection association in Canada and InterNACHI is included in our comparison chart.

    We left state and provincial associations out of our comparison chart, as none have very many membership benefits. Many are good, local associations, but aren’t large enough to provide much in the way of benefits.
    Does that statement include OACHI?

    They claim the following on their website - Statistics for Home Inspectors in Ontario - OntarioACHI

    The Ontario Association of Certified Home Inspectors (OntarioACHI), an independent not-for-profit Ontario organisation (sic) and represents the majority of Home and Property Inspectors across Ontario (see Statistics) and serves as the voice and champion of the Home and Property Inspection profession in Ontario.

    OntarioACHI also provides administrative assistance to maintain the Ontario Chapter of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).
    Something does not jive. How can OACHI be larger than InterNachi in Ontario? Can you clarify this for me and others? While there maybe overlapping memberships no one outside of OACHI who is also an InterNachi members knows anything about OACHI representing them, nor have they ever been asked to be represented.

    Even Nick says he has nothing to do with or any knowledge about OACHI, because I have asked him about this.

    Merry Christmas Lisa.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,809

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Why not just ask for the thread to be deleted as it is just marketing / advertisement on Lisa/Nick's part.

    Go to the RED Triangle to the left and let your feelings be known.


    Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah to all.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    It's only a marketing piece for InterNACHI if it is true. The website appears to be a copy/paste directly from the associations.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Millerlake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Does that statement include OACHI?

    They claim the following on their website - Statistics for Home Inspectors in Ontario - OntarioACHI



    Something does not jive. How can OACHI be larger than InterNachi in Ontario? Can you clarify this for me and others? While there maybe overlapping memberships no one outside of OACHI who is also an InterNachi members knows anything about OACHI representing them, nor have they ever been asked to be represented.

    Even Nick says he has nothing to do with or any knowledge about OACHI, because I have asked him about this.

    Merry Christmas Lisa.

    Ray,

    You bad mouth InterNachi every chance you can. Do you really think Nick is going to tell you anything?

    OntarioAchi IS the Ontario chapter of InterNachi and operates with the full support of Nick and InterNachi

    Do you really think Nick would allow OntarioAchi allow them advertise that they are InterNachi if they were not?

    Merry Xmas

    Jim Mosiuk

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Does that statement include OACHI?

    They claim the following on their website - Statistics for Home Inspectors in Ontario - OntarioACHI



    Something does not jive. How can OACHI be larger than InterNachi in Ontario? Can you clarify this for me and others? While there maybe overlapping memberships no one outside of OACHI who is also an InterNachi members knows anything about OACHI representing them, nor have they ever been asked to be represented.

    Even Nick says he has nothing to do with or any knowledge about OACHI, because I have asked him about this.

    Merry Christmas Lisa.

    Ray,

    You bad mouth InterNachi every chance you can. Do you really think Nick is going to tell you anything?

    OntarioAchi IS the Ontario chapter of InterNachi and operates with the full support of Nick and InterNachi

    Do you really think Nick would allow OntarioAchi allow them advertise that they are InterNachi if they were not?

    Merry Xmas

    Jim Mosiuk


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Ray,

    You bad mouth InterNachi every chance you can. Do you really think Nick is going to tell you anything?

    OntarioAchi IS the Ontario chapter of InterNachi and operates with the full support of Nick and InterNachi

    Do you really think Nick would allow OntarioAchi allow them advertise that they are InterNachi if they were not?

    Merry Xmas

    Jim Mosiuk
    Thats odd I don't see anywhere in my post to Lisa where I knocked Nachi. Thats your bias coming out.

    From Nick's email to me,
    I really don’t know anything about OACHI or any of that.
    I suggest you get your facts straight before you cast aspersions. I believe Nick over you any day.

    And before you make further disparaging remarks, this is not the Nachi forum, no one will put up with such nonsense, so consider taking it back to that forum.

    Last edited by Raymond Wand; 12-23-2016 at 01:46 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Millerlake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Thats odd I don't see anywhere in my post to Lisa where I knocked Nachi. Thats your bias coming out.

    From Nick's email to me,
    I suggest you get your facts straight before you cast aspersions. I believe Nick over you any day.

    And before you make further disparaging remarks, this is not the Nachi forum, no one will put up with such nonsense, so consider taking it back to that forum.
    No gripe here Ray. Just stating the facts as I too have had emails with Nick.

    I have as much right to post here as you do.

    Once again Merry Xmas


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Millerlake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    [QUOTE=Raymond Wand;270798]Thats odd I don't see anywhere in my post to Lisa where I knocked Nachi. Thats your bias coming out.

    From Nick's email to me,
    I suggest you get your facts straight before you cast aspersions. I believe Nick over you any day.

    And before you make further disparaging remarks, this is not the Nachi forum, no one will put up with such nonsense, so consider taking it back to that forum.[/QUO


    You totally changed your post as I was responding to the original.

    I have been on this forum for 5 years so have seen your hate for InterNachi

    You have a right to your opinion as I do mine.

    I read something that I knew was false and responded accordingly which I have the right to do.

    Have a great day

    Jim


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    [QUOTE=Jim Mosiuk;270800]
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Thats odd I don't see anywhere in my post to Lisa where I knocked Nachi. Thats your bias coming out.

    From Nick's email to me,
    I suggest you get your facts straight before you cast aspersions. I believe Nick over you any day.

    And before you make further disparaging remarks, this is not the Nachi forum, no one will put up with such nonsense, so consider taking it back to that forum.[/QUO


    You totally changed your post as I was responding to the original.

    I have been on this forum for 5 years so have seen your hate for InterNachi

    You have a right to your opinion as I do mine.

    I read something that I knew was false and responded accordingly which I have the right to do.

    Have a great day

    Jim
    Yes, you have a right to your opinion(s) so long as they are factual and can be backed up.

    I'll leave it at that; and since it's Christmas, and I am of good cheer.

    I look forward to your posts on more enlightening home inspection subjects in the future.

    Merry Christmas Jim.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    It's only a marketing piece for InterNACHI if it is true. The website appears to be a copy/paste directly from the associations.
    Thanks Lisa.

    One question can you clarify "copy/paste directly from associations"?

    Merry Christmas Lisa.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Why not just ask for the thread to be deleted as it is just marketing / advertisement on Lisa/Nick's part.

    Go to the RED Triangle to the left and let your feelings be known.


    Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah to all.
    Hi Garry,

    Good point, but InterNachi and CMI are advertisers here. Seems to be a privilege that comes with advertising?

    I didn't mind the post, but at times the answers just become one endless sales pitch with no meat.

    Fwiw.

    Merry Festivus!
    Merry Christmas
    Happy Hanukkah
    Joyeux Noel
    Boun Natale
    Felice Navidad



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,159

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Ray,

    Now a days they call it "Fake News" ... all words, no real meaning, not based on factual events, and no support needed for the believers - the simple 'fact' that it supports what they already think is good enough for them.

    Fake News is a hot item down here in the states ... just say whatever you want, and the louder and more often you say it ... it becomes 'real' and 'accepted' ... even though there is nothing behind it but air.

    Cheers and Happy Holidays to all!

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Jerry, ain't that the truth!

    Happy Holidays!


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Thanks Lisa.

    One question can you clarify "copy/paste directly from associations"?
    If you scroll to the bottom of each column, there is a link at the bottom of each column that leads to the benefits page of each association showing that the chart isn't "fake news." It's not even news. It's just a list of each association's membership benefits copied and pasted from each association's website.

    Which Home Inspection Association Should I Join?

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Thanks Lisa,

    My question remains. Is OACHI part of InterNachi?

    OntarioACHI also provides administrative assistance to maintain the Ontario Chapter of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).


    Thanks


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    No. All InterNACHI Chapters run autonomously.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,809

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Why not just ask for the thread to be deleted as it is just marketing / advertisement on Lisa/Nick's part.

    Go to the RED Triangle to the left and let your feelings be known. ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Hi Garry,

    Good point, but InterNachi and CMI are advertisers here. Seems to be a privilege that comes with advertising?

    I didn't mind the post, but at times the answers just become one endless sales pitch with no meat.
    Fwiw.........................

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    It's only a marketing piece for InterNACHI if it is true. The website appears to be a copy/paste directly from the associations.
    Ray,
    Advertisers, yes.
    But, if they wanted their own forum they could start their own and make every thread marketing/advertisement.
    OH,,,, blinded by the Holidays, forgot they already have their own.

    Lisa,
    True or not, your sole purpose was to market/advertise your product. I realize that since CO legalized pot there appears to be a lot of fuzzy thinking taking place.

    Either you knew before you posted the thread what you were coping and pasting what you wanted oooooooor . you have no clue what you were doing, " appears to be a copy/paste directly from the associations", and you were confused from the 2nd hand smoke in the office ..

    No mater how you slice it, width wise (sandwich) or length wise (sub/hoagie) it is still bread.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Garry, yes. The website and membership comparison chart was very flattering to InterNACHI. That's why I posted it. But again, it appears the chart was created by information directly copied and pasted from each association's own website, so I can't help that the truth is so flattering to InterNACHI.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,809

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Garry, yes. The website and membership comparison chart was very flattering to InterNACHI. That's why I posted it. But again, it appears the chart was created by information directly copied and pasted from each association's own website, so I can't help that the truth is so flattering to InterNACHI.
    Sadly you are being obtuse again in your response to you thread as marketing. Can't find another forum to market on I guess.

    Have a Merry Christmas or a Happy Hanukkah with family or friends.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Garry,

    Thats why Lisa is the Communications Director.

    Merry Xmas


  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Again, I said YES. YES, I posted the article because it is so flattering of InterNACHI. The truth always is flattering to InterNACHI. Nothing I can do about that.

    Merry Christmas.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Now to the best of my knowledge, if you are not marketing you are not being a prudent business entity.
    As well, if marketing is an indignant form of sales, than Google is the biggest offender.

    As well, if everything is free, except the price of admission to which remains the same once you enter if you do not leave, and there are no more membership fees after ten years, then I guess the marketing comes from satisfied users.
    Just saying.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mosiuk View Post
    Ray,

    You bad mouth InterNachi every chance you can. Do you really think Nick is going to tell you anything?

    OntarioAchi IS the Ontario chapter of InterNachi and operates with the full support of Nick and InterNachi

    Do you really think Nick would allow OntarioAchi allow them advertise that they are InterNachi if they were not?

    Merry Xmas

    Jim Mosiuk
    Jim, knowing Mr. Raymond Wand as well as his close friend Roy Cooke for quite some time now, including returning emails often and conversations with Roy Cooke, you statement is erroneous, or in err.

    As for YOUR OntaioACHI argument, while some may agree, others may not.

    Have any proof or facts

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Millerlake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Jim, knowing Mr. Raymond Wand as well as his close friend Roy Cooke for quite some time now, including returning emails often and conversations with Roy Cooke, you statement is erroneous, or in err.

    As for YOUR OntaioACHI argument, while some may agree, others may not.

    Have any proof or facts
    Robert

    What does my comment have to do with Roy Cooke?

    My statement about Ray is not wrong. All you have to do is read all the threads where he shows his hate for Nick and InterNachi. This is his right to say what he wants but to say it is not true is ridiculous.

    As for facts about OntarioAchi I know what Nick has said face to face to me as well as emails. I also know what Nick has done behind the scenes to support the guys at OntarioAchi.

    Have a Merry Xmas

    Jim

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Jim, knowing Mr. Raymond Wand as well as his close friend Roy Cooke for quite some time now, including returning emails often and conversations with Roy Cooke, you statement is erroneous, or in err.

    As for YOUR OntaioACHI argument, while some may agree, others may not.

    Have any proof or facts
    Robert

    What does my comment have to do with Roy Cooke?

    My statement about Ray is not wrong. All you have to do is read all the threads where he shows his hate for Nick and InterNachi. This is his right to say what he wants but to say it is not true is ridiculous.

    As for facts about OntarioAchi I know what Nick has said face to face to me as well as emails. I also know what Nick has done behind the scenes to support the guys at OntarioAchi.

    Have a Merry Xmas

    Jim


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mosiuk View Post
    Robert

    What does my comment have to do with Roy Cooke?

    My statement about Ray is not wrong. All you have to do is read all the threads where he shows his hate for Nick and InterNachi. This is his right to say what he wants but to say it is not true is ridiculous.

    As for facts about OntarioAchi I know what Nick has said face to face to me as well as emails. I also know what Nick has done behind the scenes to support the guys at OntarioAchi.

    Have a Merry Xmas

    Jim
    Well when you hear it from Ray and Roy it becomes evidence.

    As for the "facts" about OntarioACHI, let me say this, although some may agree while others not, and that's not many, the few word he says can be misinterpreted.
    Any proof

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Millerlake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT YOUNG View Post
    Well when you hear it from Ray and Roy it becomes evidence.

    As for the "facts" about OntarioACHI, let me say this, although some may agree while others not, and that's not many, the few word he says can be misinterpreted.
    Any proof

    What a joke


  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mosiuk View Post
    What a joke
    Mr. Mosiuk.
    I am not joking.

    It was you that masqueraded as an OntaioASHI BOD was it not?
    I think you did the same with the PHPIC stating you were a junior member.
    Both of which have been taken down from your website after much a fuss from you denying it.

    So as whom believes whom? I asked for proof and facts and that is what you offered.

    Show some evidence Jim.
    It appears I trust Ray's word over yours.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Millerlake Ontario Canada
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    [QUOTE=ROBERT YOUNG;270848]Mr. Mosiuk.
    I am not joking.

    It was you that masqueraded as an OntaioASHI BOD was it not?
    I think you did the same with the PHPIC stating you were a junior member.
    Both of which have been taken down from your website after much a fuss from you denying it.

    So as whom believes whom? I asked for proof and facts and that is what you offered.

    Show some evidence Jim.
    It appears I trust Ray's word over yours.[/QU

    I see you drink a few flavours of Kool Aid

    I did not comment here to have a pissing match with you as that would be a waste of my time.

    Have a Great Day

    JIm

    - - - Updated - - -

    [QUOTE=ROBERT YOUNG;270848]Mr. Mosiuk.
    I am not joking.

    It was you that masqueraded as an OntaioASHI BOD was it not?
    I think you did the same with the PHPIC stating you were a junior member.
    Both of which have been taken down from your website after much a fuss from you denying it.

    So as whom believes whom? I asked for proof and facts and that is what you offered.

    Show some evidence Jim.
    It appears I trust Ray's word over yours.[/QU

    I see you drink a few flavours of Kool Aid

    I did not comment here to have a pissing match with you as that would be a waste of my time.

    Have a Great Day

    JIm

    - - - Updated - - -

    [QUOTE=ROBERT YOUNG;270848]Mr. Mosiuk.
    I am not joking.

    It was you that masqueraded as an OntaioASHI BOD was it not?
    I think you did the same with the PHPIC stating you were a junior member.
    Both of which have been taken down from your website after much a fuss from you denying it.

    So as whom believes whom? I asked for proof and facts and that is what you offered.

    Show some evidence Jim.
    It appears I trust Ray's word over yours.[/QU

    I see you drink a few flavours of Kool Aid

    I did not comment here to have a pissing match with you as that would be a waste of my time.

    Have a Great Day

    JIm


  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Jeez, just when I though it was safe to put down the egg nog and put some more coal on the fire.

    Happy Festivus Day


  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    I heard an enlarged prostate decrease one's stream.

    Merry Christmas Ray and the gang at InpectionNews.

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    No! Thank you!

    Joyeux Noel


  31. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    so so, California
    Posts
    1,849

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Just wondering... what do the associations do to help or get you the inspector business? In my 20++ years Ive never received an inspection from any of the many associations I've belonged to.
    IMO.. it only helps give credibility to those who are new and therefore have no provable experience.

    Not you guys tho...we all know the IN guys are the smartest-est...


  32. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Hi Marc,

    Inspectors should not rely on any inspection body to provide them with leads, that is the responsibility of the individual inspector.

    Personally speaking I think over the years I rec'd one or two from ASHI and OAHI. But my questionnaires over the years indicate at least for my biz, titles and association membership were not the reasons they chose my service.

    Even newbies cannot rely on inspection bodies to help them get a leg up. What affiliation does is show your professionalism and commitment to COE, SOP et ceteras. But then again all associations are not created equally and we know which ones.

    Best, and Happy New Year!


  33. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Inspectors should not rely on any inspection body to provide them with leads
    https://www.nachi.org/inspection-leads.htm

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    How do we know those are actual stats? After all its not the first time InterNachi has embellished facts.

    How many free membership have been given out? I see there are few destitute inspectors looking for a hand out in OACHI.

    Better check on this so called member referral too. Chinese or some other oriental language.
    ????????????????????????? (Summit Inspection)


  35. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    How do we know those are actual stats? After all its not the first time InterNachi has embellished facts.
    Fair question. If you scroll down on that page and watch for a couple minutes, you can actually watch the inspection leads come through in live time. It shows exact time the consumer comes through in live time, the InterNACHI search engine they are on, and the InterNACHI member's website they go to: InterNACHI Inspection Leads - InterNACHI

    You can also independently test it. Go to any of InterNACHI's 4,500 inspector search engines such as those at North American Directory of Inspectors - InterNACHI Pretend you are a consumer. Get taken to an InterNACHI member's website. Then go back to the inspection leads page and wait a moment. You'll see your lead come through in live time.

    Most InterNACHI members aren't even aware of where the traffic to their inspection websites is coming from as we don't use contact forms (that give InterNACHI credit for the leads) because consumers hate filling out forms.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?


  37. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    You didn't scroll down enough. They aren't just hits. InterNACHI gets millions of hits: InterNACHI Ticker - Int'l Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) They are click-throughs to members' inspection websites.

    Don't look at the hit counter at the top of the page. Scroll down to see the click-throughs in live time (you have to watch for at least a minute as it only updates every minute), the inspection search engine that generated the traffic, and the InterNACHI member's website the consumer clicked through to. The page displays the most recent 100 click-throughs in live time. Here is the page again.

    InterNACHI Inspection Leads - InterNACHI

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    MONTREAL QUEBEC-CANADA
    Posts
    1,989

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    Just wondering... what do the associations do to help or get you the inspector business?
    InterNACHI does. I do not know about other associations. Their members can speak for themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    In my 20++ years Ive never received an inspection from any of the many associations I've belonged to.
    So sorry to hear that, Marc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    IMO.. it only helps give credibility to those who are new and therefore have no provable experience.
    Experience comes in many forms. The true test is performance I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    Not you guys tho...we all know the IN guys are the smartest-est...
    I concur.

    Marc. I can count the leads monthly provided by interNACHI.
    I expect I get 25% of my leads that way if not more.
    Actual calls, over 10% directly from InterNACHI InspectorSeek and other useful marketing tools.

    Hope that helps answer your questions.
    Happy New Year buddy.
    All the best..

    Robert Young's Montreal Home Inspection Services Inc.
    Call (514) 489-1887 or (514) 441-3732
    Our Motto; Putting information where you need it most, "In your hands.”

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    My own experience. I get clients telling me they found me on the web by Googling under home inspections for the geographic area.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Marc said in part:

    In my 20++ years Ive never received an inspection from any of the many associations I've belonged to.
    Judging by your many posts over the years you don't need an association to make you successful. Which gives more credence to my earlier comment.

    Keep on doing what you are doing, if it works it ain't broken.


  40. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    My own experience. I get clients telling me they found me on the web by Googling under home inspections for the geographic area.
    Everyone gets clients like that. Consumers use google. That isn't a competitive advantage that gets you additional inspection jobs.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Have to disagree. You know nothing about my biz and what works for me.
    I spent 15 years in advertising so I think I know what I am talking about.


  42. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    I spent 15 years in advertising so I think I know what I am talking about.
    I don't think you do. That's probably why you "spent 15 years advertising."

    For example, your website: www.raymondwand.ca doesn't even have NAP. I just googled you and you don't come up in your area. You said
    My own experience. I get clients telling me they found me on the web by Googling under home inspections for the geographic area.
    Google has trouble finding you locally if your website lacks NAP.

    Go here: The Importance of NAP and How to Use It - InterNACHI

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Lisa

    I have a niche market, I don't cater to the type of clientele that Nachi marketing is directed to.

    No need to lower myself to the likes of Nachi branding for my business. That's not an image suitable for me or my clients. (Rated R) No need for your education either. What useful purpose would Nachi be to me, and the answer is ZERO.

    As for my website, its fine and serves the purpose for my needs and the business I do. I am not interested in looking at another link provided by you. Thank you anyway.

    I don't know what a Nap is other than the nap I take after reading your exhaustive replies laden with more marketing links. ZZZzzzz.

    Ps. I hope Nick appreciates me getting the hits up?


  44. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,506

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    NAP is Name, Address, and Phone number.


  45. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,159

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    I don't think you do. That's probably why you "spent 15 years advertising."

    For example, your website: www.raymondwand.ca doesn't even have NAP. I just googled you and you don't come up in your area. You said Google has trouble finding you locally if your website lacks NAP.

    Go here: The Importance of NAP and How to Use It - InterNACHI
    Raymond sounds like I was my web site was not there to advertise for business, it was there to let people referred to me check me out (basically, that was the purpose of it).

    You remember the phrase "Batteries not included?" Advertising not needed.

    When an inspector is at the head of the class, no reason to look back and get involved in the spit ball fight going on at the back of the class.

    Just wanted to comment on this too: " That's probably why you "spent 15 years advertising." " ... soooo ... if 15 years of advertising means one does not need to advertise any more (your implication), then why or why does Nick's company continue to ... advertise?

    Based on your implication, anything advertising past, say, 5-10 years is wasted and not needed.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Jerry wrote in part:
    Raymond sounds like I was my web site was not there to advertise for business, it was there to let people referred to me check me out (basically, that was the purpose of it).
    Bingo. When I receive a call from a client and interview them, I ask them to take a look at my website for my contract, and fee. So its a reference tool rather than a marketing machine. To repeat myself I cater to a niche market which means better clientele, high fees, less grumbling, happy clients.

    I have a lot of competition in my area, and these competitors brochures can be found in the Realtor offices. One office I stopped in at had 11 brochures from various inspection companies. Since I do not solicit Realtors I don't advertise to them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Thanks Jack, I now realize its Name, Address, Phone.


  47. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Then you don't understand the purpose of marketing. The purpose of marketing is not to get more work so that you have all the work you can handle.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,159

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Then you don't understand the purpose of marketing. The purpose of marketing is not to get more work so that you have all the work you can handle.
    Then why were you making negative comments on Raymond's marketing if continued marketing is okay.

    You either need to stop complaining about people when they say they marketed for 15-20-30 years ... or stop marketing because it's been about 20 years for Nick's company.

    You need to grow up, smell real roses, and comment on real things instead of continuing to spew 'the company line'.

    If 'the company line" (continued marketing) is good for 'the company' then it is therefore also good for others.

    If continued marketing is not good for others, then you are degrading 'the company' (Nick's company) for his continued marketing efforts.

    Do everyone a favor and choose one, then stick with it. Just stop flip-flopping to suit your mood swings ... it is unbecoming to you.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Then why were you making negative comments on Raymond's marketing if continued marketing is okay.
    I don't think my comments were negative. I think they were helpful.

    Ray said that his clients come from Google searches in his geographic area. Here is his exact quote:
    I get clients telling me they found me on the web by Googling under home inspections for the geographic area.
    But as I explained, his site ranks poorly in geographic Google searches because it lacks NAP. Home inspection searches are local nowadays and without NAP, his site is going to continue to rank poorly.

    Ray also said he doesn't know what "NAP" is. Here is his exact quote:
    I don't know what a Nap is
    So I gave him some information about it: The Importance of NAP and How to Use It - InterNACHI

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    876

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    One organization is controlled by an elected board of experienced home inspectors. The other is run by one guy who knows how to market himself. No other profession that I know of has a professional association run by one guy.


  51. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    One organization is controlled by an elected board of experienced home inspectors.
    Well maybe that's why they are so small with so few membership benefits. What would home inspectors know about running an international trade association or an enormous website?

    Using your system, the world would have the best professional football players building and running football stadiums. LMAO. Different skill set... no?

    Anyway, InterNACHI has plenty experienced home inspectors on staff: Good people working every day to help your inspection business succeed. - InterNACHI

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  52. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,159

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Reinmiller View Post
    The other is run by one guy who knows how to market himself. No other profession that I know of has a professional association run by one guy.
    That's why I started referring to it as "Nick's company" a while back ... because that is what it is - Nick's company.

    Nick's company sells "marketing", Nick's customers call themselves "members", but it is nothing more than "being a member" of Sam's Club, Costsco, or BJ's, or any of the other wholesale companies - Nick's company is a wholesale club where "members" 'get stuff at reduced prices', and, I suspect, they even get a "membership card" they can show to get into club gatherings.

    Really, that pretty much defines what Nick's company is - a wholesale club, complete with membership cards and fancy logo.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  53. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    There's some truth to that. More accurately, InterNACHI provides almost everything to its members for free. But saving our members money isn't the main thing we do at InterNACHI. Although we are committed to making sure we save each and every member more than what we charge them in dues (making membership a profitable business decision). We don't just save them money though, we make them money. But even that isn't the main thing we do at InterNACHI. The main thing we provide to the inspection industry is technical education and training. With more than 1,400 governmental approvals and accreditations, InterNACHI is the most approved inspection school on earth: InterNACHI's inspection courses and exams are the most recognized, approved and accredited in the inspection industry. - InterNACHI

    Second to education and training, InterNACHI provides marketing and business success tools to InterNACHI inspectors.

    And Lastly to education, training, marketing, and business success tools, we provide absolutely everything else, mostly for free: Inspector Membership Benefits and Competitive Advantages - InterNACHI

    Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-28-2016 at 08:11 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  54. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,159

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    There's some truth to that. More accurately, InterNACHI provides almost everything to its members for free.
    That's not any more accurately than I said - but you have to try to keep looking like you are not behind the curve even when you are, I understand that.

    I said: "Nick's company is a wholesale club where "members" 'get stuff at reduced prices'"

    You said: "almost everything to its members for free"

    How much more "reduced prices" can one get than "free"?

    But it is against your policies to accept the truth as stated by others, and, in fact, I was surprised when you admitted "There's some truth to that." - which is about as close you will likely ever get to admitting it ... but that is a start, one cannot accomplish redemption without first acknowledging the problem.

    But saving our members money isn't the main thing we do at InterNACHI.
    It's the only thing Nick's company/club does - look at your list, you listed all those ways that Nick's "club" saves his club members money ... a wholesale club through and through.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  55. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    How much more "reduced prices" can one get than "free"?
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

    But the important part isn't that most everything is free at InterNACHi. As I explained, we only do that so that membership in InterNACHI is a profitable business decision for every one of our members. InterNACHI makes its members money.

    Yes, a member can save thousands of dollars by utilizing just one free membership benefit. But the important part is what those free membership benefits are. The products and services that InterNACHI provides for free are outrageously valuable to home inspectors, their constantly-improving technical competency, and their financial success.

    And even more importantly, InterNACHI is the sole source for most of those outrageously-valuable, free products and services. In other words, you can't acquire them anywhere else and are only available to members, thus giving thousands of competitive advantages to InterNACHI members over non-members.

    Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-28-2016 at 08:33 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  56. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Lisa,

    Those products you keep expounding on are not free because membership fees fuels the free benefits. The only true free aspect are those memberships given out for free to those who ask. In turn the benefits, trinkets or whatever you want to call them are actually free.

    The other missing aspect of your employer is the lack of ethics, and misbehaviour, prompted and courted and nurtured by a bankrupt membership. One need look no further then the flaunting of the rules simply placed in an effort to make a non professional body appear professional. But to the discerning person its all window dressing.

    You really don't have anything worthy of consideration because this is just a game for you directed by your boss to keep the hits, the name out in front.

    Frankly your continued blabbing about InterNachi and lack of professionalism is a industry disaster, what with cheap titles, grade school multiple choice questions, and that other farce title which has no credibility CMI, which has no checks and balances as openly admitted. Oh and many of those have been handed out gratis. Gratis means free, a term your aptly familiar with and promote regularly.

    My suggestion is you take your sanctimonious lecturing, your double talk, and your inability to answer a question(s) honestly about InterNacho and ply it on the sheep who are so deeply hypnotized by merde because this is a professional board. Lots of opportunity (sheep) to be had on your mother board since we are all too astute, professional and ethically above board to buy into baloney about your ability to market a half assed marketing body. Note the word 'marketing body'. I would use association but that is for prime time, not half time.

    I am most certain we won't be disappointed by yet another meaningless reply since you are paid to be a so-called marketing guru who can only muster replies consisting of more useless marketing links.

    When you finally decide the job description that suits your mantra and employers need maybe you should take one or two courses on advertising that fit industry standards and not the standards according to the ring master.


  57. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    .............just curious, what is your experience in the construction industry Lisa?


  58. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Those products you keep expounding on are not free because membership fees fuels the free benefits
    Duh.

    But again, they are even better than free. Just utilizing one membership benefit will make you thousands of dollars. Here, read how InterNACHI members save thousands on just our deal with FORD: https://www.nachi.org/forum/f32/inte...scount-117665/

    And again, this isn't me claiming InterNACHI membership makes you money. It's your fellow inspectors saying it.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  59. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    =Lisa Endza;270933]Duh.

    But again, they are even better than free. Just utilizing one membership benefit will make you thousands of dollars. Here, read how InterNACHI members save thousands on just our deal with FORD: https://www.nachi.org/forum/f32/inte...scount-117665/

    And again, this isn't me claiming InterNACHI membership makes you money. It's your fellow inspectors saying it.
    Once again more unsubstantiated baloney marketing. I don't see any fellow inspectors claiming anything here about being inundated with monies. Quiet the contrary as displayed by the thread complaining competitors undercharging for inspection services. https://www.nachi.org/forum/f48/chea...ectors-117889/ I also noticed two members are so hard up that they asked for free memberships which lessens those who did pay and subsidize the rest who can't or are too cheap to begin with. Cheap skate are cheap skates no matter how you size it.

    If anything the only thing Nacho has done is drive the market prices down because your marketing has flooded the market with inspectors. Also regardless what you try and instill which isn't much the market up here is tight, low inventory, high housing prices of which inspections are being waived. I think you need to look at the market before you make false claims about everyone making alot of money. But then again I don't think you post anything here that Nick hasn't told you to post.

    ... and more links which prove absolutely nothing. Nothing in, nothing out.


  60. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    I went back to the thread and read it slowly: https://www.nachi.org/forum/f32/inte...scount-117665/

    I'm convinced you're wrong. Members are making $7K on just that one membership benefit.

    I'll read it again. Hold on.

    Yep. He saved $7,000. And membership is only $499.

    Let me get out my calculator. Hold on.

    Dang, where is my calculator? I misplaced it.

    Ray, do you have a calculator handy? Can you subtract $499 from $7,000 for me?

    Last edited by Lisa Endza; 12-29-2016 at 11:33 AM.
    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  61. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    To the cheap inspectors
    https://www.nachi.org/forum/f48/chea...ectors-117889/

    May want to send out a rescue squad to quash the post. Looks like the marketing machine has failed to parlay how to price ones services. Maybe some more freebies will keep the natives happy and not disgruntled. Perhaps a couple of free memberships will do the trick, you know lessen the membership and then ply them with some Kool Aid.


  62. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    how to price ones services.
    Home Inspection Fee Calculator - InterNACHI

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  63. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    Hey look mom I can become certified in as little as 5 days. God help the public.

    https://www.nachi.org/school/event/b...ome-inspector/

    Better post the fee calculator here - soothe the natives.
    https://www.nachi.org/forum/f48/chea...ectors-117889/


  64. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario
    Posts
    4,982

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    That calculator is a joke. It doesn't take in all the parameters of costs associated with inspecting or running a biz.. I guess only the low ballers are using it thus the cheap, cheap, cheap fees they charge.


  65. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Which home inspection association should I join? ASHI or InterNACHI?

    I hate to state the obvious here, but you do realize you're having a discussion with someone who knows nothing about Home Inspections, is not a licensed Home inspector, has never performed a Home Inspection, and has never started or owned a Home Inspection business?

    While I like to debate as much as the next guy, you might as well be having this discussion with a Florist.....


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •