Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.


    "Nick will be showing home inspectors new ways to land more inspection jobs, command higher fees, and increase their revenue"


    "No more per inspection"


    LOL.......


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    We'll also be making a huge announcement for Florida inspectors at this event.

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    We'll also be making a huge announcement for Florida inspectors at this event.

    House or horrors thingie at the Pro-lab building? 8,000,000 ways to do something wrong, few way to do it right.....that should work. Way to snake around having to teach your inspectors building codes.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Most defects found by home inspectors aren't code issues back when the house was constructed new. They are systems and components that wore out, broke, were removed, were altered, simply stopped working, were not maintained, blew away, etc.

    Code compliance is a small percent of defect recognition for a home inspector. Although House of Horrors One has a lot of code violations: InterNACHI School – Classroom training from the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Most defects found by home inspectors aren't code issues back when the house was constructed new. They are systems and components that wore out, broke, were removed, were altered, simply stopped working, were not maintained, blew away, etc.

    Code compliance is a small percent of defect recognition for a home inspector. Although House of Horrors One has a lot of code violations: InterNACHI School – Classroom training from the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors
    We've been through this discussion before...you were wrong then, and not much has changed.

    FYI: the building code in our state references every last one of those issues.

    You should stick to what you know (whatever that is) and stop telling industry professionals what they do and don't find during home inspections.

    You are making yourself, and the profession, look ridiculous when you make comments about a profession you are not qualified to comment on in any way.

    Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 03-15-2017 at 01:55 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Come to the meeting and decide. Nick will be presenting and can answer technical questions about the construction of the new Campus for home inspectors and what they will be teaching there.

    Free Inspection Business-Boosting Seminar in Weston, Florida, on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - InterNACHI

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Come to the meeting and decide. Nick will be presenting and can answer technical questions about the construction of the new Campus for home inspectors and what they will be teaching there.

    Free Inspection Business-Boosting Seminar in Weston, Florida, on Thursday, March 16, 2017 - InterNACHI
    What exactly would I be deciding? What expertise could someone with ZERO home inspection experience in Florida give me?

    I already command far more for my inspections that he ever did, I have building code knowledge that far exceeds his, I have construction experience that far exceeds his, and I have never had a license revoked or denied......we don't really seem to have anything in common.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,159

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Most defects found by home inspectors aren't code issues back when the house was constructed new. They are systems and components that wore out, broke, were removed, were altered, simply stopped working, were not maintained, blew away, etc.

    Code compliance is a small percent of defect recognition for a home inspector. Although House of Horrors One has a lot of code violations: InterNACHI School – Classroom training from the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors
    Let me try to follow your post above:

    A) You promote the House of Horrors as THE teaching method you use for home inspector.

    B) "Most defects found by home inspector aren't code issues ... "

    c) Your House of Horrors is just one more marketing gimmick to dupe unsuspecting home inspectors to join Nicky's club ... you think that code issues are not a real thing found by home inspectors yet you chest thump about having this House of Horrors thing which is primarily code issues.

    D) You really do think your members are stupid, stupid enough to fall for a House of Horrors show and tell for something that you really don't even believe exists that much for them.

    I could add more to the list, but Nick (if Nick is not Lisa) really does need someone to review your posts before you post to make sure you don't say such silly things that make you look like you have no idea what you are talking about (apparently you have no idea what you area talking about, yet you continue to insist on proving that to us daily).

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    965

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Let me ask you three specific questions Jerry:


    1. In your opinion, is every one of InterNACHI's membership benefits "just another marketing gimmick to get inspectors to join?" Here they are again: Inspector Membership Benefits and Competitive Advantages - InterNACHI . Scroll down that page.
    2. Are you 100% certain that InterNACHI grew so huge, all over the world, because nearly your entire industry has been duped by gimmicks? Your industry is full of people who inspect stuff for a living. Do you really believe they were all duped?
    3. Are the third-party deals that InterNACHI has procured for its members that save them thousands of dollars nothing more than "marketing gimmicks?" Let me use a specific example. FORD Motor Company offers InterNACHI members thousands of dollars in discounts above and beyond whatever they negotiate at the dealership. That's just one of InterNACHI's many membership benefits. Is the thousands of dollars your fellow inspectors save on just that one deal a "marketing gimmick?" Here is the FORD deal for you to review: InterNACHI Member Discount on Ford Vehicles - InterNACHI


    - - - Updated - - -

    P.S. questions for Jerry and Robert:

    What, in your opinion, which roof would likely have more issues for a home inspector to report? A new roof not installed to code or a 30-year old roof installed perfectly to code?

    Which one are home inspectors most likely to come across? A new roof or a roof that isn't new?

    Last edited by Lisa Endza; 03-15-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Endza View Post
    Let me ask you three specific questions Jerry:


    1. In your opinion, is every one of InterNACHI's membership benefits "just another marketing gimmick to get inspectors to join?" Here they are again: Inspector Membership Benefits and Competitive Advantages - InterNACHI . Scroll down that page.
    2. Are you 100% certain that InterNACHI grew so huge, all over the world, because nearly your entire industry has been duped by gimmicks? Your industry is full of people who inspect stuff for a living. Do you really believe they were all duped?
    3. Are the third-party deals that InterNACHI has procured for its members that save them thousands of dollars nothing more than "marketing gimmicks?" Let me use a specific example. FORD Motor Company offers InterNACHI members thousands of dollars in discounts above and beyond whatever they negotiate at the dealership. That's just one of InterNACHI's many membership benefits. Is the thousands of dollars your fellow inspectors save on just that one deal a "marketing gimmick?" Here is the FORD deal for you to review: InterNACHI Member Discount on Ford Vehicles - InterNACHI


    - - - Updated - - -

    P.S. questions for Jerry and Robert:

    What, in your opinion, which roof would likely have more issues for a home inspector to report? A new roof not installed to code or a 30-year old roof installed perfectly to code?

    Which one are home inspectors most likely to come across? A new roof or a roof that isn't new?
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. yes.

    Roof coverings don't last 30 years in our state, if you knew anything about home inspections in our state you would know that. But you don't, and neither does Nick.

    A roof covering not installed to the requirements of the Florida Building Code is defined as a "construction defect" under FSS 558. It is non-complaint and considered a endangerment to the public health, safety, and general welfare. So would an aged or deteriorated roof covering as the Florida Building Code requires components of a home to have proper routine maintenance to retain their original integrity and protect the structure.

    Any work completed with a permit, signed off by the Building Official, and with the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy is still subject to the minimum requirements of the Florida Building Code. The work is not exempt even if the permit is completed and the Certificate issued.

    "Which one are home inspectors most likely to come across? A new roof or a roof that isn't new?"

    Define "new roof". "New" in our state is a relative term as "newer" homes are covered under FSS 95 and FSS 558 which extend out to 1/4/10 years. A "hidden latent defect" can be covered for up to the lifetime of the structure depending on the extent of the damages. Most of the homes I inspect are "newer" and covered under these statutes.

    Your dealing with true experts here Lisa, you should really stop trying to make a point about issues in which neither you or Nick have knowledge or expertise. There's a point when you should realize the people you are working with really aren't that knowledgeable when it comes to construction and home inspections. This is that point for you. Faking it till you make it won't work with this crowd.

    The people you work with are experts at selling themselves to situations in which they are actually not that knowledgeable.....and this is the example. When they are faced with professionals, they are exposed.

    You want to know why everything in your list is a sales gimmick and nothing more? Nothing on your list protects a home owner from receiving a bad home inspection. It only protects the home inspector after the fact. How many homes has Nick bought back now? And how many of those home inspectors were punished for those actions? ZERO!

    Your association has no checks and balances, ZERO accountability for the inspector to protect the client. Not one of your inspectors fears for any retribution if they perform a bad inspection, not one. Every part of your association is geared towards the next lead, not the quality of the inspection. I have reviewed countless reports from your members, nothing but maintenance suggestions and surface issues. I have even reviewed a few reports from Ben....quality stuff (sarcasm).

    Your association is nothing but a diploma mill, you have lowered the standards for home inspections to a level in which their services are now worth squat! Your home inspectors don't know the difference between a outlet and a receptacle.....if I see the term "sub-panel" used again by one of your home inspectors, I'll vomit all over my computer screen.

    Everything.....and I mean EVERYTHING....about your association is a sales pitch. Even your inspection agreement which does nothing more than intimidate home owners into submission.

    There are people out there trying to make a difference in the industry, to make it better and to teach inspectors the right way. It's just not you.

    Need an example? YOU.

    You have absolutely ZERO experience in the profession, have never performed a home inspection, and don't know the first thing about building a home. Yet here you are telling home inspectors how to do their job. There is no better example of the "fake-it-till-you-make-it" crowd than you Lisa. Here's the problem, the sales pitch only works when your not dealing with professionals......people who actually do know what they are talking about.

    Would you like the truth Lisa? The reason you don't know that all of this is a sales gimmick is because you don't know the difference, you're not a professional in the industry....you just work for a "businessman" who has "sold" you that he is. You were sold information that on the surface appeared to be consistent, it isn't until you actually walk in the field that you realize it was all quicksand. Smoke and mirrors. Bait and switch.

    Even using your own words: InterNACHI isn't a trade association of inspectors. It's a trade association of businessmen and women who just happen to be in the inspection business.

    Last edited by Robert Sheppard; 03-16-2017 at 07:49 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,506

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    And the part of Kellyanne Conway will be played by.............


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,809

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    "They don't drink the sand because they are thirsty.

    They drink the sand because they don't know the difference."


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,809

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Dang,,,,I had hoped that no one would chime in to this thread and it would die like the first time it was posted and had no interest shown.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    27,159

    Default Re: Meet Nick Gromicko in Florida and give your home inspection business a boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Sorrells View Post
    Dang,,,,I had hoped that no one would chime in to this thread and it would die like the first time it was posted and had no interest shown.
    They were duplicate posts, 1 minute apart.

    The first response was to this one, no need to respond to the duplicate post (and glad that no one has, many times people respond to both posts when there are duplicate posts, which makes following what is being said confusing as much of it is said multiple times by multiple people).

    It would be best if Nick/Lisa/Whoever-it-is would simply not post ... would make this board better ... would make their life easier ... would make our lives easier ... and would not make them look so foolish ... but, alas, they insist on showing why the old saying is so true:
    - 'Better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.'

    They repeatedly remove all doubt ... almost as though they are proud of being the fool.

    Jerry Peck
    Construction Litigation Consultant ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •