Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5

    Cool Insulation install oops!

    Found the majority of the attic with insulation installed vapor barrier side up. First install job for the new guy?

    Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    2018 ASHI InspectionWorld

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    1,181

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Goble View Post
    Found the majority of the attic with insulation installed vapor barrier side up. First install job for the new guy?
    Or, The mfg. made a mistake by not printing the instructions in Spanish.

    Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    No. San Diego Co., CA
    Posts
    562

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    Maybe the manufacturer put the vapor barrier on the wrong side...


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    2,446

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    The ceiling framing was installed upside down??


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    I would double check the insulation underneath. If it were there, I would not worry.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    4,170

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Louis View Post
    I would double check the insulation underneath. If it were there, I would not worry.
    Exposed Flammable vapor barrier is a cause for concern... but perhaps I missed the point of a tongue-in-cheek comment, no?

    Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Exposed Flammable vapor barrier is a cause for concern... but perhaps I missed the point of a tongue-in-cheek comment, no?
    right, but this is in attic, plus the insulation is flammable too.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,248

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Louis View Post
    I would double check the insulation underneath. If it were there, I would not worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    Exposed Flammable vapor barrier is a cause for concern... but perhaps I missed the point of a tongue-in-cheek comment, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Louis View Post
    right, but this is in attic, plus the insulation is flammable too.
    Peter,

    Am I understanding you correctly in that you are saying that the exposed facing, which says not to leave exposed because it will burn, is *NOT* a problem?

    Please tell me I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    Yes, Attic could be extreme hot. Burn hazard, this should be corrected.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,248

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Louis View Post
    Yes, ...
    Yes to it is not a problem or yes that I am misunderstanding you.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    no misunderstanding, Jerry.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,248

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Peter,

    Am I understanding you correctly in that you are saying that the exposed facing, which says not to leave exposed because it will burn, is *NOT* a problem?

    Please tell me I am misunderstanding what you are saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Louis View Post
    Yes, Attic could be extreme hot. Burn hazard, this should be corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Yes to it is not a problem or yes that I am misunderstanding you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Louis View Post
    no misunderstanding, Jerry.
    Peter,

    Now I am really confused.
    a) I understand you to be saying that it is *NOT* a problem.
    b) You say "Attic could be extreme hot. Burn hazard, this should be corrected."
    c) I ask for clarification whether you are saying it is a problem and I am not misunderstanding you, or, that it is not a problem and I am misunderstanding you.
    d) You say I am not misunderstanding you.
    e) (this post) I am not misunderstanding you that it is a) above, that it is *NOT* a problem, or, b) above, that "Burn hazard, this should be corrected."

    a) and b) above are contradictory.

    I will try again, wording it differently:
    1) It is *NOT* a problem and does not need to be corrected.
    2) It *IS* a problem and does need to be corrected.

    Your answer is: _____

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Insulation install oops!

    2), Jerry


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •