Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Park City, Utah

    Default Chimney chase, this is a first

    I have yet to come accross this type of configuration. Isn't a drip edge required?

    Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Elite MGA Home Inspector E&O Insurance

  2. #2
    Tim Ewen's Avatar
    Tim Ewen Guest

    Default Re: Chimney chase, this is a first

    I'm just getting into the inspection business, but it seems to me that some sort of drip edge with a capillary break is in order. The whole thing looked pretty flat, I'm not sure how well it will shed water.It was a little hard to tell from the photo but it also looked like some kind of a boot around the flue was somewhat raised. I would also think a little better detail would have been for the screen to come all the way down to keep out birds and animals. Just my two cents worth. Tim

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Ormond Beach, Florida

    Default Re: Chimney chase, this is a first

    It's called: "A leaker."

    There is no "drip edge".

    Additionally, fasteners down through it are also known as "leakers".

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( )


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts