Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Central Texas
    Posts
    472

    Default Moisture-Managed EIFS

    I know that Dryvit was the first to introduce a moisture-managed EIFS in the US in 1998, but am looking for the exact date. Does anyone have this?

    Similar Threads:
    NHIE Practice Exam
    Texas Inspector
    http://www.texasinspector.com
    What the plainspoken man lacks in subtlety, he makes up in clarity.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Central Texas
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Moisture-Managed EIFS

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Miller View Post
    I know that Dryvit was the first to introduce a moisture-managed EIFS in the US in 1998, but am looking for the exact date. Does anyone have this?
    I should have said I think I know.

    Texas Inspector
    http://www.texasinspector.com
    What the plainspoken man lacks in subtlety, he makes up in clarity.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Garland, TX
    Posts
    622

    Default Re: Moisture-Managed EIFS

    Aaron,

    sto patent and system was introduced '93 as i recall

    we installed at the casinos in Bossier fall/winter of '95-'96

    here's a '96 article, talks about USG system
    http://www.awci.org/cd/pdfs/9609_c.pdf

    badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042 TREC # 4563
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Central Texas
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Moisture-Managed EIFS

    Quote Originally Posted by BARRY ADAIR View Post
    Aaron,

    sto patent and system was introduced '93 as i recall

    we installed at the casinos in Bossier fall/winter of '95-'96

    here's a '96 article, talks about USG system
    http://www.awci.org/cd/pdfs/9609_c.pdf
    Thanks Barry.

    Texas Inspector
    http://www.texasinspector.com
    What the plainspoken man lacks in subtlety, he makes up in clarity.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,847

    Default Re: Moisture-Managed EIFS

    Aaron, if I recall we did not see the second generation EIFS in residential construction until 1999-2000 and it was very uncommon to find it due to the cost. I know of a commercial building in Gulfport MS that was built in 1998 and it had a Senergy drainage EIFS system on it.

    Most residential builders stopped using the first gen EIFS by 2002 or during the heydays of the EIFS lawsuits.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Central Texas
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Moisture-Managed EIFS

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Aaron, if I recall we did not see the second generation EIFS in residential construction until 1999-2000 and it was very uncommon to find it due to the cost. I know of a commercial building in Gulfport MS that was built in 1998 and it had a Senergy drainage EIFS system on it.

    Most residential builders stopped using the first gen EIFS by 2002 or during the heydays of the EIFS lawsuits.
    Scott: I just inspected the house in question yesterday. I arrived fully prepared to scan and probe a barrier system. To my surprise, it was Dryvit MD, and it was installed in 1998. This is unheard of (for me) in North Texas. The very earliest I had seen prior to this was a 2000 build by a commercial builder building his own house. Of course, like nearly every EIFS installation since the dawn of time, it was rife with installer faux pas. That said, it was in fairly good condition, for EIFS, that is.

    Texas Inspector
    http://www.texasinspector.com
    What the plainspoken man lacks in subtlety, he makes up in clarity.

  7. #7
    rick bunting's Avatar
    rick bunting Guest

    Default Re: Moisture-Managed EIFS

    Dryvit introduced Infinity Md in 1994, that's the pressure equalized system with grooved board and vents I doubt this was used on a residence.
    MD systems similar to those being used today were introduced in 1996.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •