Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    368

    Default what is this siding?

    what is the trim covered siding? formed panel? stucco?

    Thanks

    Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    NHIE Practice Exam

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sparks,NV
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: what is this siding?

    It's probably that stucco panel or stucco board. Just 4x8 sheets embossed to look like stucco.

    Nevada IOS#1730
    Nevada Energy Auditor #30
    775-342-4767 www.homecsi.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: what is this siding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ernst View Post
    It's probably that stucco panel or stucco board. Just 4x8 sheets embossed to look like stucco.
    .
    There were skim coated 4x8 panels as well.
    .

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  4. #4
    Darrel Hood's Avatar
    Darrel Hood Guest

    Default Re: what is this siding?

    There are trim products for stucco that are carved styrofoam forms. Perhaps that's what these are.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: what is this siding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ernst View Post
    It's probably that stucco panel or stucco board. Just 4x8 sheets embossed to look like stucco.
    Older homes here in TX used a Masonite type panel that was stamped to look like stucco. These panels would last only if you keep them caulked and painted. Otherwise, water gets to it and it falls apart just like the Masonite panels that rot at the joints and the base by the ground from water splash off the roof.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: what is this siding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Babcock View Post
    Older homes here in TX used a Masonite type panel that was stamped to look like stucco. These panels would last only if you keep them caulked and painted. Otherwise, water gets to it and it falls apart just like the Masonite panels that rot at the joints and the base by the ground from water splash off the roof.
    so Peter it has been a while since your post. but, did you ever get a confirmation of the siding. to me it looks like stucco with EIFS bands. considering that the base of the column looks like stone veneer that would be adhered to stucco


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    869

    Default Re: what is this siding?

    I am unable to enlarge these photos, and haven't a clue as to what is there. All I see is grey.

    I suggest you poke around and determine what is under the paint. (is there eps? plywood? masonite?), etc.

    Steven Turetsky, UID #16000002314
    homeinspectionsnewyork.com
    eifsinspectionsnewyork.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Capistrano Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,458

    Default Re: what is this siding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Turetsky View Post
    I am unable to enlarge these photos, and haven't a clue as to what is there. All I see is grey.

    I suggest you poke around and determine what is under the paint. (is there eps? plywood? masonite?), etc.
    Steven, try holding down your "Ctrl" key and hit your "+" key several times to zoom in. Ctrl and - to zoom out.

    View The List Of InspectionNews Member Benefits!

    -----------------
    Sincerely,
    Brian Hannigan
    InspectionNews.net / InspectionReferral.com
    Helping Inspectors $ucceed Since 1997TM

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspectionNews
    Twitter: @InspectionNews

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: what is this siding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominiclp View Post
    so Peter it has been a while since your post. but, did you ever get a confirmation of the siding. to me it looks like stucco with EIFS bands. considering that the base of the column looks like stone veneer that would be adhered to stucco
    I just say it stucco panel.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •