Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Masonry over siding material
07-21-2008, 10:17 PM #1
Masonry over siding material
This is a DIY. The siding is an old particle board siding almost like OSB. The owner is installing stone over the siding after installing a building paper (15min paper). Any thoughts.
07-22-2008, 08:19 AM #2
Re: Masonry over siding material
Wow, it would be interesting to see how he treats door and window openings. Seems like he watched too many HGTV shows.
- are the wall ties galv or stainless
- are the nails galv or stainless
- that looks like regular chicken wire not the wire mesh generally used for various types of veneer work
- did he actually pour any kind of foundation under the stones
- is he using an admix in the mortar
- there doesn't appear to the an air gap between the stone wall and org wall. Natural stones can suck up a lot of water. 15# felt isn't going to hold up long. Should be an air gap and tyvek type paper.
- has he given an thought to drainage
- has he consulted with anyone on his mortar mix composition
- is it going all the way up
Just some initial thoughts
"The Code is not a ceiling to reach but a floor to work up from"
07-22-2008, 10:33 AM #3