Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ICC B2 exam

  1. #1
    Jeffrey Sudomerski's Avatar
    Jeffrey Sudomerski Guest

    Default ICC B2 exam

    I am currently studying for the ICC B2 commercial Inspector Exam to be certified. I was looking for some input on the exam and what maybe to expect?

    Similar Threads:
    NHIE Practice Exam

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,245

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Sudomerski View Post
    I am currently studying for the ICC B2 commercial Inspector Exam to be certified. I was looking for some input on the exam and what maybe to expect?
    Get the ICC practice tests online. Do the tests multiple times.

    While the practice tests are, I believe, made from 'bad' questions from the tests, the practice tests will show you the types of questions and the types of information asked for. They will give you a feel for how the questions are worded and what is really being asked (the answers give you that).

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  3. #3
    Jeffrey Sudomerski's Avatar
    Jeffrey Sudomerski Guest

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Get the ICC practice tests online. Do the tests multiple times.

    While the practice tests are, I believe, made from 'bad' questions from the tests, the practice tests will show you the types of questions and the types of information asked for. They will give you a feel for how the questions are worded and what is really being asked (the answers give you that).
    Thanks for the infromation Jerry. I will look at the pratice test online!!


  4. #4
    Tyson Scott's Avatar
    Tyson Scott Guest

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    There were many accessibility and egress questions, so hit Chapter 10 & 11 hard. Know your types of construction (ch.6) as well as categories/classifications (ch.3). There were around 10 or so questions out of the "warehouse plans" that they give you and bring a magnifying glass because there will be some small details ( reinforcement steel for footers, hallway/doorway widths, length of travel,etc...) Tabbing the the index,Table of contents as well as definitions (ch.2) helped tremendously. Good Luck.


  5. #5
    Jeffrey Sudomerski's Avatar
    Jeffrey Sudomerski Guest

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson Scott View Post
    There were many accessibility and egress questions, so hit Chapter 10 & 11 hard. Know your types of construction (ch.6) as well as categories/classifications (ch.3). There were around 10 or so questions out of the "warehouse plans" that they give you and bring a magnifying glass because there will be some small details ( reinforcement steel for footers, hallway/doorway widths, length of travel,etc...) Tabbing the the index,Table of contents as well as definitions (ch.2) helped tremendously. Good Luck.
    Thanks Tyson. Very helpful info to go off of. Did you have any knowledge of the codes before you took the exam?


  6. #6
    Tyson Scott's Avatar
    Tyson Scott Guest

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Sudomerski View Post
    Thanks Tyson. Very helpful info to go off of. Did you have any knowledge of the codes before you took the exam?
    I took this back in 2004 and was a newly hired Inspector of 3 months. I failed it the first time (have to score a 75% to pass; I got a 73%), I pretty much ran out of time and had to guess on the last 10 or so questions. I immediately rescheduled for another exam while it was fresh on my mind and passed it the second time around and finished the exam with 30 minutes to spare. That was my first ICC test that I ever took and learned really quick to high-light and tab sections in the book.


  7. #7
    Jeffrey Sudomerski's Avatar
    Jeffrey Sudomerski Guest

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson Scott View Post
    I took this back in 2004 and was a newly hired Inspector of 3 months. I failed it the first time (have to score a 75% to pass; I got a 73%), I pretty much ran out of time and had to guess on the last 10 or so questions. I immediately rescheduled for another exam while it was fresh on my mind and passed it the second time around and finished the exam with 30 minutes to spare. That was my first ICC test that I ever took and learned really quick to high-light and tab sections in the book.
    Well I have until Feb 18th to get ready. I am recently a graduate in construction technology, so I am hoping that what I have learned from school and the IBC code book will be a bonus! Did you take the ACI 318 08 book with you to the exam or just the IBC book?


  8. #8
    Tyson Scott's Avatar
    Tyson Scott Guest

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Sudomerski View Post
    Well I have until Feb 18th to get ready. I am recently a graduate in construction technology, so I am hoping that what I have learned from school and the IBC code book will be a bonus! Did you take the ACI 318 08 book with you to the exam or just the IBC book?
    I brought only the IBC book because all of the answers that I needed were in it. I also took only the IBC book for my Building Plans Examiner (ICC B3 exam) and passed it with all of the answers coming directly from the IBC book; I do not think you will need the ACI manual. You'll do great.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Healdsburg, CA
    Posts
    1,741

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    A couple of pieces of advice in test taking. Like a seasoned carpenter who measures twice and cuts once, read each question twice to insure you understand the question. As a former teacher I found more students missed exam questions due to misinterpreting what was actually asked. Also, time management is vital. Save the questions you are not totally sure of and then go back and do them after you have answered all the ones you’re confident in your answers.

    Jerry McCarthy
    Building Code/ Construction Consultant

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    893

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    Lisa Endza
    Director of Communication
    InterNACHI

  11. #11
    Jeffrey Sudomerski's Avatar
    Jeffrey Sudomerski Guest

    Default Re: ICC B2 exam

    Thank You Lisa!!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •