Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    3,177

    Default tripled and twisted

    You'd think it would occur to the sparky that did this that twisting the neutrals together just makes working on those circuits that much more difficult!

    Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral
    "There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception." -James Thurber, writer and cartoonist (1894-1961)
    www.ArnoldHomeInspections.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: tripled and twisted

    New guy on job says.
    "Look Boss, see how neat my work is. And I even have space left over!"

    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,243

    Default Re: tripled and twisted

    And the electrician just simply 'cannot figure out why' it takes him so much longer than the other guys ...

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  4. #4
    Fred Warner's Avatar
    Fred Warner Guest

    Default Re: tripled and twisted

    Quote Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
    You'd think it would occur to the sparky that did this that twisting the neutrals together just makes working on those circuits that much more difficult!
    Too bad it didn't occur to that same "sparky" that he's violating 408.41 of the 2005 NEC (408.21 2002) when he installs more than one conductor in that individual terminal.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: tripled and twisted

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Warner View Post

    Too bad it didn't occur to that same "sparky" that he's violating 408.41 of the 2005 NEC (408.21 2002) when he installs more than one conductor in that individual terminal.
    .

    There are two different size terminals and the larger one may be Rated by the Manufacture to accept more than one wire. (Two)

    * but do not know of any Manufacturer that allows Three.
    ( Read The Manufactures Label.)
    .

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,243

    Default Re: tripled and twisted

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    .

    There are two different size terminals and the larger one may be Rated by the Manufacture to accept more than one wire. (Two)

    * but do not know of any Manufacturer that allows Three.
    ( Read The Manufactures Label.)
    .
    Regardless what it is rated for with equipment grounds, it is ALWAYS and ONLY rated for ONE neutral in each terminal.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: tripled and twisted

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Regardless what it is rated for with equipment grounds, it is ALWAYS and ONLY rated for ONE neutral in each terminal.
    .
    Check.
    *correct
    ,

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •