Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester, Vermont
    Posts
    298

    Cool Worn out 2-wire duplex receptacles

    Can any member direct to a site where they speak about worn female
    receptacle that can no longer hold tight the male plug.

    I need facts, to show a customer. Thanks.

    Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southwest US
    Posts
    585

    Default Re: Worn out 2-wire duplex receptacles

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mattison View Post
    Can any member direct to a site where they speak about worn female
    receptacle that can no longer hold tight the male plug.

    I need facts, to show a customer. Thanks.
    I am having this same issue in my marriage, I'm glad somebody finally brought it up. I am interested in all replies. If your customer doesn't believe you, give him 20 years.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: Worn out 2-wire duplex receptacles

    Robert, you could just point out that loose connections cause heat to build up and create a hazard.

    All answers based on unamended National Electrical codes.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Worn out 2-wire duplex receptacles

    Hello Robert,

    That is addressed in NFPA 73. I don't have my copy in front of me right now but will post it later.

    Sincerely,

    Corey

    Last edited by Corey Friedman; 04-19-2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Garland, TX
    Posts
    622

    Default Re: Worn out 2-wire duplex receptacles

    http://communities.leviton.com/servl...ec%20RTT99.pdf

    you'll have to read down for dwelling info

    NFPA 73, 1996 Edition
    Chapter 2 Section 2-10.7 General Requirements
    Receptacle contacts shall have acceptable blade retention when tested with a listed retention tester.

    badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042 TREC # 4563
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes

  6. #6
    dana1028's Avatar
    dana1028 Guest

    Default Re: Worn out 2-wire duplex receptacles

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Friedman View Post
    Hello Robert,

    That is addressed in NFPA 73. I don't have my copy in front of me right now but will post it later.

    Sincerely,

    Corey
    For the record - NFPA is rarely adopted by a local municipality and thus is not a code requirement and should not be used as a legitimate source citing an alleged noncompliant situation.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Worn out 2-wire duplex receptacles

    Quote Originally Posted by dana1028 View Post
    For the record - NFPA is rarely adopted by a local municipality and thus is not a code requirement and should not be used as a legitimate source citing an alleged noncompliant situation.
    Hi Dana,

    The NFPA is an organization and has not adopted anywhere.

    Various NFPA codes and standards that they publish are adopted. I'm not sure I follow what you are saying.

    The OP said nothing about code compliance. The OP asked for a reference and I provided one. Are you saying that you don't consider the NFPA a credible source (regardless of a particular document being adopted locally)?

    The OP said nothing about this being a code battle.

    Sincerely,

    Corey


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •