Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    9

    Default Who should we fire first?

    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    440

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Other than the missing plate (extremely minor issue), what's the problem?

    Who are you looking to have fired?


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Petey View Post

    Who are you looking to have fired?
    .
    I Vote for The Painter.
    .

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    440

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    .
    I Vote for The Painter.
    .
    I agree.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    The correct answer would be the original poster. The correct wording would be "Whom should we fire first?"


    Department of Redundancy Department
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Not looking to have anyone fired. I guess I need to learnith my English first.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lanham, MD
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Edly View Post
    Gas line shut off next to outlet that is missing cover plate for stove....
    Forget the missing plate. I see a much more dangerous situation -- Hard to tell from the picture but do I see a 1/2" nipple screwed into a 3/4" nipple or pipe? Look closely at the threads on both nipples/pipe. It sure doesn't look right! Definitely not a 3/4" x 1/2" bushing.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Saville View Post

    Forget the missing plate. I see a much more dangerous situation -- Hard to tell from the picture but do I see a 1/2" nipple screwed into a 3/4" nipple or pipe? Look closely at the threads on both nipples/pipe. It sure doesn't look right! Definitely not a 3/4" x 1/2" bushing.
    .
    Ye ow!

    Looks like Male in Male Connection.

    * Does The President Approve of this type of Gas Coupling?
    ** Todd don't let The Preposition Police Get to you. ( Gunman can't hep himself.)
    .

    Last edited by Billy Stephens; 05-21-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    780

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Alquist View Post
    The correct answer would be the original poster. The correct wording would be "Whom should we fire first?"
    Thank you! You made me laugh. I needed that.

    ("preposition"?!)

    Do not think of knocking out another person's brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago.
    - James Burgh, 1754.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Since its a toss-up between the plaster skimmer and the gas-fitter/plumber Safety tips the scale and I'd say the gasfitter/plumber (however from the looks of things there hasn't been any gasfitting/plumbing tinkering going on in a long while.)

    Probably all the same party - looks like typical flip work.


  11. #11
    Robert Meier's Avatar
    Robert Meier Guest

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Petey View Post
    Other than the missing plate (extremely minor issue), what's the problem?
    Seems to be the only issue. That and the receptacle installed ground up.

    Just kidding.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Meier View Post
    Seems to be the only issue. That and the receptacle installed ground up.

    Just kidding.

    Not ground up if you are lying on your back to install receptacle. It is all about perception and orientation.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chico,Ca
    Posts
    423

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    There are 1/2" IPS female X 3/4" ips male adapters, mostly flare fitting adapters for gas flex, w/ the limited info in the picture no intelligent conclusion can be made.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,899

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Petey View Post
    Other than the missing plate (extremely minor issue), what's the problem?

    Who are you looking to have fired?
    Guess you were too young to see this on the news?



    Look closely at the tower and you can just see the receptacle near the top.

    All answers based on unamended National Electrical codes.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Meyers View Post
    There are 1/2" IPS female X 3/4" ips male adapters, mostly flare fitting adapters for gas flex, w/ the limited info in the picture no intelligent conclusion can be made.
    .
    Gosh Rollie is the op photo flex ?

    What was on the Market this time frame in Black Pipe that would even remotely make this an approved connection ?
    .

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chico,Ca
    Posts
    423

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    .
    Gosh Rollie is the op photo flex ?

    What was on the Market this time frame in Black Pipe that would even remotely make this an approved connection ?
    .
    Until we see what is on the other side of the plastic at the top of the photo, a proper answer cannot be given, it is WAG until then.


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Petey View Post
    Other than the missing plate (extremely minor issue), what's the problem?

    Who are you looking to have fired?
    Look closer. Start by looking at the binding terminals. When you note whats wrong there at that level of magnification, explore further.


  18. #18
    Robert Meier's Avatar
    Robert Meier Guest

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by H.G. Watson, Sr. View Post
    Look closer. Start by looking at the binding terminals. When you note whats wrong there at that level of magnification, explore further.
    Guess we all missed that one.


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Meyers View Post
    Until we see what is on the other side of the plastic at the top of the photo, a proper answer cannot be given, it is WAG until then.
    .
    Here Ya Go.
    .

    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chico,Ca
    Posts
    423

    Default Re: Who should we fire first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Stephens View Post
    .
    Here Ya Go.
    .


    My point exactly, a WAG.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •